Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:32:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I CHING - THE BOOK OF CHANGES

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I CHING - THE BOOK OF CHANGES  (Read 1134 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: August 03, 2007, 09:48:39 am »

Symbolism

The flag of South Korea, with Taegeuk in the center with four trigrams representing Heaven, Water, Earth, and Fire (beginning top left and proceeding clockwise).

Flag of the Empire of Vietnam used Trigram Li - FireThe Flag of South Korea contains the Taijitu symbol, or tàijítú, (yin and yang in dynamic balance, called taegeuk in Korean), representing the origin of all things in the universe. The taegeuk is surrounded by four of the eight trigrams, starting from top left and going clockwise: Heaven, Water, Earth, Fire.

The flag of the Empire of Vietnam used the Li (Fire) trigram and was known as cờ quẻ Ly (Li trigram flag) because the trigram represents South. Its successor the Republic of Vietnam connected the middle lines, turning it into the Qián (Heaven) trigram. (see Flag of the Republic of Vietnam).

Influence on Western culture

Main article: I Ching's influence

The I Ching has influenced countless Chinese philosophers, artists and even businesspeople throughout history. In more recent times, several Western artists and thinkers have used it in fields as diverse as psychoanalysis, music, fiction and science fiction, movies, drama, and eschatology.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:57:53 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: