Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 06:43:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A S T R O L O G Y - Western

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A S T R O L O G Y - Western  (Read 2514 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 11:54:16 am »

Hi, HFN

I got a new computer and my software and info is in the old hard drive.  And I can't find the original
disc.  I am lousy at Math, let alone Logarithms......

I'll e-mail you and see what we can do.

Love and Peace,
b
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 11:55:30 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 12:12:32 pm »

Smiley  I checked out those links on the history of astrology, and they reminded me of something.  Of course I know how ancient the knowledge of this “art”, (I don’t think calling it a science would do it justice, LOL), goes back.  I know in my mind it definitely goes back to the predeluvians, (Atlantis & Mu), but it occurs to me that it is another proof of the existence of ancient technology. 

What made me think of it was these two quotes from your links in the here to for post:

Astrology also predates all religions. Certainly all extant religions. The whole concept of heaven is based in Astrology. Most all the ancient Gods had celestial if not zodiacal roots. To my mind the greatest Astrological coup was the three Magi. Think about it. They would have to have know years in advance. Made all those preparations and been there for the birth. Wise men indeed. Such is the power of Astrology.

power of Astrology.
the ancient Hindus understood the precession of the equinoxes and made the calculation that it [a complete cycle] took place once in every 25,870 years. The observation and mathematical precision necessary to establish such a theory has been the wonder and admiration of modern astronomers. They, with their modern knowledge and up-to-date instruments, are still quarrelling among themselves as to whether the precession, the most important feature in astronomy, takes place every 25,870 years or every 24,500 years. The majority believe that the Hindus made no mistakes, but how they arrived at such a calculation is as great a mystery as the origin of life itself."

This knowledge of the procession of the equinoxes is in itself another chip in the proverbial archeological crock that orthodox science subscribes to.  There’s a great researcher who’s devoted his life’s work to the Mayan’s knowledge of the galactic alignment:  John Major Jenkins.

Here a quote from him:

By John Major Jenkins
It is important to define what the Galactic Alignment is in precise astronomical terms. (See the Glossary below for terms.)
The Galactic Alignment is the alignment of the December solstice sun with the Galactic equator. This alignment occurs as a result of the precession of the equinoxes.
Precession is caused by the earth wobbling very slowly on its axis and shifts the position of the equinoxes and solstices one degree every 71.5 years. Because the sun is one-half of a degree wide, it will take the December solstice sun 36 years to precess through the Galactic equator (see diagram below).
The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997).
Thus, the Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012."
This Galactic Alignment occurs only once every 26,000 years, and was what the ancient Maya were pointing to with the 2012 end-date of their Long Count calendar.

I think what is so significant is that two cultures on opposite sides of the globe, both knew about an astrological event that only took place once every some 26,000 years!
If this isn’t proof that man has attained a high degree of technology and knowledge much earlier than our “scientists” give us credit for, then what is? 

If someone wasn’t around 26,000 years ago to record when the galactic alignment began, then how do they know when it ends?? 

Astrology is a very, very ancient knowledge. 
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 10:43:50 pm »

I have always maintained that Astrology is

THE OLDEST PROFESSION

in the world!!!
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 04:51:31 pm »

Cheesy  The other unmentionable on, not withstanding, LOL.. I do agree however.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 07:13:44 pm »

MEDICAL ASTROLOGY
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:14:46 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 03:53:56 pm »

Smiley  There's been too many great threads here to get to all of them lately, and I have'nt keep up on this one.  But I saw something on Nostrodamus on the "History Channet" and was surprised to learn that all the doctors in his day had to have a knowledge of astrology to use in their practice of medicine. The above picture is exactly so!  Curious though that although it was used, the Church watched the practice of it very closely.  Though the Church did not forbid or ban it, the application of it as to HOW it was used was closely watched by the Inquisitors.   Roll Eyes  Dark Ages, indeed!  Any yet they probably knew more of Astrology then, then now.   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 04:49:54 pm »

Sungate,

From the beginning of time Astrology and medicine were intertwined.  With time it got even
more refined, as with the Greeks (see Hyppocrates etc).  That's the way it's been since 'til modern times. 

Being a musician, I don't expect you to be aware of it, but if you ever
have time, google the history of medicine.

The mind and the body work together - that's the way I look at it. MENS SANA IN CORPORE
SANO, as 'our' ancestors put it.  A lot of Psychologists use Astrology as a tool, just like
Jung did.

That's the field of Astrology I have been involved in since the beginning, Medical Astrology.
Fascinating field!  One of these days I'll get into it here too.  Right now I want to cover the
basics. 

The Inquisition was not worried about that, they were worried about the heretical "the Earth
revolves around the Sun" stuff that would contradict their carefully laid down dogmas.....

http://koti.mbnet.fi/neptunia/astrology/astrel1.htm - Astrology as Religion\\

http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-decanates.htm - Decanates
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:29:39 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39:57 am »

C U R R E N T   E P H E M E R I S

http://www.lunarliving.org/calendars/ephemeris.php
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: