Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 09:09:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ALBERT A GORE, JR.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALBERT A GORE, JR.  (Read 270 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: October 16, 2007, 09:23:35 am »

ALBERT A. GORE, JR.

Al Gore's Statement upon winning the Nobel Peace Prize (born March 31, 1948 12:53pm Washington, DC

Statement of Al Gore on Winning Nobel Prize:

"I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. This award is even more meaningful because I have the honor of sharing it with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change--the world’s pre-eminent scientific body devoted to improving our understanding of the climate crisis--a group whose members have worked tirelessly and selflessly for many years. We face a true planetary emergency. The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity. It is also our greatest opportunity to lift global consciousness to a higher level.

My wife, Tipper, and I will donate 100 percent of the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a bipartisan non-profit organization that is devoted to changing public opinion in the U.S. and around the world about the urgency of solving the climate crisis."

A big congratulations to Al Gore on winning one of the most coveted prizes in the world.

This is greater than the Oscar, the Emmy, even the Sierra Club's prestigious award and he was elected President of the United States by the people of the United States. He was only the third nominee in the history of the US to win the popular vote and lose the electoral vote (if you remember Florida) He could have been our president, we wanted him to be our president, alas it didn't turn out that way.

I was struck, this morning, by the juxtaposition of the two men; Albert A. Gore and George W. Bush. I had a sort of a play going on in my head between the gods and these two men. "Well Georgie, what have you done in the last 7 years for your country and the world?" "And you Albert what have you done?"

The whole thing plays like a comic book with Batman and the Joker. One trying to save the planet and one trying to destroy the planet. It's a classic tale of how the same energies can be used from the lower level to the higher expression. Both men have Leo on the Ascendant, both have Aries at their Midheaven, both have Pluto in their first house.

I have been amused at the arguments between scientists. The scientists who say Global Warming is happening, and the bought and paid for scientists who say it isn't. The amusing thing to me is if the bought and paid for scientists are right, those on the Global Warming side look foolish, but if they are wrong, we are dead.

I would perfer looking foolish. One thing we know for sure is our ignorance and greed is destroying life on this planet and Al Gore is traversing the world to try and awaken people to their own power to change the course of destruction. George Bush is chasing Blackwater and the boogieman whom he cannot seem to track down, he can however spend billions to track down all of us.

Al Gore's chart shows a winning year and this time last year I said "perhaps the good year he will have will push him toward the presidency." Today however, his aides say there is only a 10% chance of his running. I would like to see him run but I also understand why he wouldn't and doesn't need to, he has already proven that he is a great man in a way the presidency could never give him, particularly since it has been left in shambles.

It is rumored that Australia will shift positions and sign on to the Kyoto Treaty, leaving the United States standing alone against the "save the planet" countries, nice legacy left here. Since the year 2000 this is the second time I've felt proud to say I'm an American, once was in 2002 when Jimmy Carter one the Nobel Peace Prize and one is today.

Soon, if not already the jealous sniping will begin in the papers and the media, just like it did for Jimmy Carter and this country has done all it could to marginalize Jimmy Carter since he won the Nobel, I expect they will soon start on Gore. It is jealousy and pettiness and fear because the people doing the sniping aren't "great" will never do "great" things, will never rise to those ranks and they know that. Most of us will never rise to those ranks, but I believe most of us take pride in those who do, sadly some do not take the same pride in others' accomplishments.

Al Gore will go on to accomplish more great things and be a beacon of light toward the future and once, just once we had the opportunity for this great and prescient person to be our President.

How different this country would be today, one can only imagine. And so again, Albert A. Gore,

Congratulations to a true leader. Good luck and thank you Batman.

Sally Cheyne McDonald on Oct 12, 2007

http://www.astroworld.us/archives/000649.html#000649
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:24:53 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:27:12 am »

http://www.astrodatabank.com/NM/GoreAl.htm
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:28:08 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:30:15 am »

AL Gore Wins the Nobel Prize

But will he run for president? Starcats says no.

"In the race for the highest office in the land, we showed the collective maturity of 3-year-olds. . . . In other words, it wasn't done to us, we did it to ourselves. Sorry, but that's true. Until a solid 55% of American voters are willing to add at least two decades to their collective maturity, we're going to have Bush after Bush after Bush. We'll continue to claim it's "their" fault, but it's really ours. Prairie Weather blog:

Yesterday began with the gratifying news that Al Gore, derided by George H.W. Bush as the “Ozone Man,” had won the Nobel Peace Prize. . . Bob Herbert, NYT

I don't think Gore will run for president, as much as so many of us would like to see him do it. Whether "we" deserve him or not is another story. What I think is more to the point is that he'd be a fool to subject himself to the ugliness of America politics, after he's already proven himself to be the superior of the man he supposedly "lost" the presidency to. The Democratic party chart has Mercury at 26 Taurus, conjunct the what the ancients called "The most evil of the fixed stars." It's the fixed star associated with beheadings and hangings of royals and politicians. Centuries ago this star was taken quite literally in astrological analysis.

Today we attach more symbolic meanings, but the meanings do speak of loss and injury. Al Gore's natal Venus is at 26 Taurus. Taurus is associated with the head and neck and Venus in the sign would certainly point to voice, whether it be the melodious singer's voice of a Taurean Barbra Streisand (her Venus is not on Caput Algol), or the "voice" of politician and statesman, Al Gore. It's interesting that Al Gore's name, when merged --AlGORE looks so much like ALGOL. Algol, Anne Wright's Fixed Stars

Suffice it to say that Gore's voice was lost, cut off, damaged sometimes by himself, but certainly by a mainstream media who, from the beginning, found it fashionable to dislike him that it unwittingly (?) played into the GOP's "ugly voicings" against him.

His running mate, Joe Lieberman, has Uranus conjunct Algol on the Democratic Party's Algol Mercury. I suspect that's how we find his "voice" flipping (Uranus) to the extreme of co-signing everything George Bush pushes re Iraq and Iran. Uranus is the political planet par excellence. It is, according to Campion, Baigent and Harvey THE most important planet in world politics bar none (See, "Mundane Astrology" by these authors).

Gore would be a fool to run for president after a soul crushing experience like Election 2000.

Gore's progressed Mars at 4 Virgo was (and still is) conjunct the degree of August 28th's Lunar Eclipse on the Pisces/Virgo axis. Transit Saturn is conjunct his progressed Mars and Transit Venus just crossed over the aforementioned points. He has Mars and Saturn conjunct natally, so he has experience with the stringency of this planetary energy. Venus on these two hard guys would be the planet to "suffer," as when weighing planets, the stronger ones win.

Projecting onto the world stage, such a conjunction of progressed planets to these transits (transits kick off progressions) we'd find Venus of social acceptance, parties, laudatory words, etc., marred (Saturn) in a militant (Mars) way by enemies of Mr. Gore. As soon as Al won the Nobel prize at the time this planetary configuration was building, the extreme Right Wing echo chamber changed the tape in their heads (I guess a space ship comes around every night and plugs in a new recording) and began making remarks to try and ruin (Saturn) Mr. Gore's big day.

I don't think they succeeded, because Al Gore is a grown up in ways many Americans (and Gore's critics) will never be. (See Prairie Weather's blog linked above).

I recall that when Gore won the Academy Award for "An Inconvenient Truth," the same thing happened. I think that Gore's Venus on the Democratic Chart's Caput Algol Mercury is a set up that continually brings bad news or bad words his way no matter what his statesman like victories may be.

His progressed Sun at 8 Gemini is conjunct the royal fixed star ALDEBARAN. The Bush second inauguration Moon is also at 8 Gemini. The aforementioned conjoin the USA's vocal and radical politics Uranus. Aldebaran, Anne Wright's Fixed Stars

General influences of the star: It gives honor, intelligence, eloquence, steadfastness, integrity, popularity, courage, ferocity, a tendency to sedition, a responsible position, public honors and gain of power and wealth through others, but its benefits seldom prove lasting and there is also danger of violence and sickness. (The Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology, Vivian E. Robson, 1923).

As you can see, "seldom prove lasting" might (we'll have to test it out and see) might have something to do with how quickly spoilers enter the ring the minute Al Gore wins an award or a pundit remarks that Gore was right about everything George Bush has been so woefully wrong about lo the last 6 years. "Seldom lasting" certainly has proven meaning in the Second Inauguration chart Moon (in the first house of that chart). The carefully constructed papier mache "facade" of decency around Mr. Bush and his 2000 campaign remark of "restoring honor and decency to the White House" are now the subject of late night TV jokes.

Reality is the only inconvenient truth for the Straussian neocons and the Religious right wingers like James Dobsons (who beat his little dog with a belt to show it who's boss and laughed about it in one of his books) and seems to count for very little. That such frightening idiocy gained ascendancy, power and "consciousness" in American politics may be a function of the long-term Uranus-Neptune mutual reception we're under. What reality is now defined as is that which is manufactured through the use of electronic spin (Neptune in Aquarius) and illusion making (Uranus in Pisces).

Otherwise decent and law abiding people have been duped into supporting the current assault on the sane foundations of the United States through the Bush-Cheney fronters for a one party nation holding sway over the oil fields of the Middle East.

Gore's progressed Midheaven at 19 Gemini falls in his natal 11th house and is two degrees shy of his natal Uranus. The conjunction of his progressed Midheaven to natal Uranus occurs in October of 2010. I would mark the month before, during and after that conjunction as disruptive, surprising, unparalleled and highly charged in Mr. Gore's life vis a vis the United States Congress and the American people. If not Congress per se, it does speak of an unexpected change of status in connection with diplomacy, organizations, dedicated groups for change, as well as love given and received via public accolades and honors.

I don't think that Gore is going to run for president. His progressed Pluto at 12 Leo, while in a dramatic and highly persuasive sign, is parallel ALCYONE. Alcyone, Anne Wright's Fixed Stars.. The quick "read" on Alcyone is that it is a star of "great grief." Loss. I.e., Alcyone was on the Ascendant of the chart for the Senate's vote to impeach Bill Clinton. Saturn opposed that point for a long while during the debacle. The Saturn aspects in many charts studied during that time period showed that no one would win and no one would really lose, but both sides would sustain devastating political wounds.

I believe that Gore has sustained and knows he would sustain too many wounds should he run again. Since his progressed Pluto (parallel Alcyone) is in Leo, ruled by the Sun (and the Sun is the heart of the chart), I seriously doubt Mr. Gore wants any more heartbreak.

Starcats -- October 14, 2007.

http://starcats.com/Al_Gore_Wins_Nobel.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:31:33 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:44:44 am »

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
ooh, they're red, white and blue.

And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief"
they point the cannon right at you.

It ain't me, it ain't me, I'm no senator's son.
It ain't me, it ain't me, I'm no fortunate one.

Remember the old tune “Fortunate Son” by Creedence Clearwater Revival? It seems to have been written with Vice President Albert Gore, Jr. in mind. The son of Tennessee Senator Albert Gore, Sr.,
Al Gore has spent his entire life preparing to enter rooms accompanied by the band playing “Hail to
the Chief.” And, it’s likely he understands exactly what it means to have the cannon pointed right at him. After all, power at those dizzying heights is a double-edged sword indeed. The nominee of the Democratic Party for president, Al Gore has only one obstacle left in his quest for the presidency—another fortunate son, George W. Bush.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:47:09 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:49:13 am »

The Need to be First—Sun in Aries

Born on March 31, 1948, at 12:53 pm, in Washington, D.C., Gore has his Sun in fiery Aries. As would befit the first sign of the zodiac, those with Sun in Aries typically want to be first in all that they do. Ruled by the planet Mars, they are natural competitors who will fight for what they want. Impatient and impulsive, they are the quintessential “alpha” types. Those who know Gore well say he performs best under pressure. He walked away easily with the Democratic nomination, in spite of the pundits who predicted that Bill Bradley would give him the political fight of his life. But perhaps that threat gave him the edge he needed to win and to make it interesting for him.

Who am I Anyway? A Touch of Neptune

Neptune, the planet of illusion and idealism, is opposite Gore’s Sun in Aries, and it is this aspect that most defines his personality. The influence of Neptune often leads one to sacrifice oneself for a higher cause. Neptune can lend an air of mystery, and often creates misunderstandings. There are always many questions and few answers. We rarely see Sun/Neptune people clearly, if at all, and they may not even have a clear picture of themselves. This is the aspect of the “identity crisis.”

While Gore struggles to be more spontaneous, more appealing, more like Bill, he must surely wonder why and how he got to this point. He’s always prided himself on doing the right thing, and therefore expects that the right thing will happen. Yet, his advisors suggest that to be elected, he must overcome his over-achieving Boy Scout image. He went to Vietnam, albeit as a journalist, but he went. Clinton evaded the draft and, in effect, so did George W. by joining the reserves. But no one seems to care anymore about presidents and military service. On the other hand, it’s pretty much an accepted fact that Gore “inhaled,” but he’s still viewed as a stiff. How confusing it all is—how, well, how Neptunian!

Gore’s reasons for going to Vietnam are very illustrative of the Sun-Neptune pattern. He told a childhood friend that since there weren’t a lot of people from their county to be drafted, if he did not go, he would know who went in his place. Guilt, another manifestation of Neptune, motivated him to do his duty to his country. Perhaps he also dreamed of running for president someday, and believed military service would be expected. Gore, in typical Sun-Neptune fashion, idealized his father, and might have thought he could help his father’s tight senate reelection race. Ironically, it was Al Sr.’s own lukewarm attitude to the war that eventually cost him his Senate seat. Thus, if Gore went to Vietnam for his father’s sake, it was for naught. It was his father’s devastating political loss that led Gore to reexamine his own career goals. He even entered divinity school and sought answers in the spiritual realm before jumping back into the political arena to follow in his father’s footsteps.

Trusting and being trusted are major issues that will crop up time and again for those with Sun-Neptune. Even when they are telling the truth, they may still appear deceptive. As a result, some can become quite defensive. Frequently, the line between reality and fantasy is all too blurred. Gore’s Sun-Neptune opposition is currently being activated by a challenging square aspect by the July 1, 2000 eclipse. Eclipses tend to put a spotlight on the planets involved, and, right on cue, suspicions about Gore’s activities in the 1996 campaign financing events are in the news. There is even talk of a congressional investigation, led of course by the opposition party which has everything to gain by attacking Gore’s character.

Whether or not there are formal investigations of the finance issue, Gore’s integrity will certainly be called into question by the Bush camp. And Gore, no stranger to being misunderstood, will undoubtedly respond in such a way that his answers will evoke even more questions. But, then he will move on to campaign even harder. Though Bush currently enjoys a comfortable lead in the polls, all astrological indicators point to the fact that, in the end, this will be a close contest between the two fortunate sons.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Madalyn Hillis-Dineen, C.A. NCGR, is a noted Uranian astrologer and certified Astro*Carto*Graphy interpreter. Madalyn is a contributing author to the Llewellyn anthology, Astrology for Women: Roles and Relationships. She is also the Director of Marketing of Astrolabe, Inc., the largest independently-owned astrological software company in the world and the publishers of Solar Fire. Winner of UAC's 1995 Regulus Award for Community Service, Madalyn is the Clerk of the National Council for Geocosmic Research.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:50:55 am »

Al Gore's Moment

Al Gore accepted his Nobel Peach Prize in Oslo on Monday with a passionate speech about the truth (of global warming) having the power to set us free. It reflected the five-planets-in-Sagittarius moment by weaving in words of wisdom from many different cultures. The speech went into the challenge of what's required, a swift shift from "me" to "we" thinking, another trait associated with the world-embracing Archer. "There is an African proverb that says, 'If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.' We need to go far, quickly," he said. His vision is anchored in facts and specific proposals for the future, keeping it grounded in reality to satisfy precise Saturn in Virgo.

Urania's 9th House blog lists the many favorable aspects at play for Al Gore right now, including a conjunction of transiting Jupiter-Pluto to his natal Jupiter in Sagittarius at 29 degrees. He describes his mission as a spiritual one, having asked God to show him how to serve his purpose of bringing awareness to global warming. His quest was an opportunity that came out of crisis (the 2000 Presidential election), and he mentions the Kanji character that has that dual meaning. The crisis of global warming has caused more messages to come down marked 'urgent,' attempting to stir people to act. The stellium in Sadge, especially the lingering effects of the Jupiter-Pluto conjunction into 2008, nurtures optimism for those urgent new visions.

But Al Gore didn't present the challenge through rose-colored glasses -- he acknowledged that it involves passing through the dark side. "The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is still far short of what we actually must do. Moreover, between here and there, across the unknown, falls the shadow," he said. Pluto deals with unseen power structures, and intensely guarded taboos. It's potentially a time of accelerated change. And just like on the collective level, the same thing plays out in own lives, as we cross personal shadows, in the quest to transform.

http://astrology.about.com/b/2007/12/11/al-gores-moment.htm
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:54:16 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: