Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 02:03:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A S T R O L O G Y - Western

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A S T R O L O G Y - Western  (Read 2505 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« on: August 10, 2007, 04:08:33 pm »

Smiley  Well you knew I'd get here eventually, "B"  I studied Astrology with Zoltan Mason, a renouned astrologer, and author of "Astrosysthesis" also the late owner of "Mason's Bookstore" in Manahatan, NY where you could get every kind of book on anything esoteric, including anything remotely associated with Astrology.  Zoltan would say in his classes, in his thich Hungarian accent, (he was a very striking looking Hungarian gypsy), that "anyone can learn to do the math, but interpreting the chart was what seperated the men from the boyscouts".  I soon learned that although the stars were immutable, unlike the tarrot cards, (which I think spirits can manulipate), it's still much like the stars just give you a clue as to "where to look" and interpreting the chart and the horoscope requires tapping into physic abilities that you either have or you don't. 

But what really brings me here is something I just stumbled across in looking for something to pertain to the ley lines.  And it's new to me, so tell me what you think about some of it as it all pertains to Astrology.  I'll try to copy and paste some of it. If It doesn't come out right, it's taken from this site:

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/newun.html

The Zodiac, Cherubim & The Sphinx
Myth and God's Message in the Heavens

The pictures found today in the zodiac were not developed by the Greeks, but were in place perhaps as early as 4000 B.C. predating even the civilizations of Sumeria . These pictures were not merely arranged in haphazard order to aid in the tracking of the star movements, but with the purpose of depicting an epic narrative. Authors like Bullinger and Seiss have suggested that there is a deeper meaning, one that goes beyond even the most illuminated of occult interpretations. The zodiac is a pictorial story of God's plan of salvation on earth.  The key to understanding the celestial zodiac is found in ancient depictions of a mythical creature called a  sphinx.

Sphinx were often placed at entrances to palaces or temples of antiquity. This positioning implied power, authority and protection. The bodily form of the sphinx combines two to four animals, a lion, bull or eagle with the head of a human. 

The combination of all four creatures in one constitutes what is described in Ezekiel and elsewhere in the Bible as a type of angel.

The word kerubim means "one who prays", or "one who intercedes." Cherubim or Kerubim are an order of angel described in the Bible and ancient texts as a combination of two, or more often, four creatures -- including that of a human. Both the mythical Sphinx and the scriptural cherubim are "hybrid" beings combining two to four creatures. The meaning of these creatures can be found in the zodiac narrative.

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 

The true meaning of the celestial zodiac and the symbols of the ecliptic, the course the sun appears to travel the heavens, seems to have been lost to the majority of mankind. The purpose of the zodiac symbols can be understood by connecting the sequence of pictures in story form.
But what is that connection? What point in the circle of heaven is its beginning?

Sphinx in Greek means to "connect or bind together".A sphinx combines the head of a woman and the body of a lion. This fixes the beginning and ending of the celestial narrative --  beginning with Virgo and ending with Leo.

What about the four creatures of a cherub?
Look to four of the brightest stars in the zodiac;
Fomalhaut in Aquarius (man)
Regulus in Leo (lion)
Antares in Ophiuchus (serpent holder, or eagle) and
Aldebaran in Taurus (the bull).
All four of these stars are arranged three signs apart, in the four corners of the heavens - the four fixed signs of the zodiac. These are the four creatures which combine to form scriptural  cherubim. 
From: David Ulansey Biblical Archaeology Review, vol. 20,#5  pp. 40-53
Because the ancients believed in the real existence of the great sphere of the stars, its various parts-- such as its axis and poles-- played a central role in the cosmology of the time. In particular, one important attribute of the sphere of the stars was much better known in antiquity than it is today: namely, its equator, known as the "celestial equator."Just as the earth's equator is defined as a circle around the earth equidistant from the north and south poles, so the celestial equator was understood as a circle around the sphere of the stars equidistant from the sphere's poles. The circle of the celestial equator was seen as having a particularly special importance because of the two points where it crosses the circle of the zodiac: for these two points are the equinoxes, that is, the placeswhere the sun, in its movement along the zodiac, appears to be on the first day of spring and the first day of autumn. Thus the celestial equator was responsible for defining the seasons, and hence had a very concrete significance in addition to its abstract astronomical meaning.

As a result, the celestial equator was often described in ancient popular literature about the stars. Plato, for example, in his dialogue Timaeus said that when the creator of the universe first formed the cosmos, he shaped its substance in the form of the letter X, representing the intersection of the two celestial circles of the zodiac and the celestial equator. Thisc ross-shaped symbol was often depicted in ancient art to indicate the cosmic sphere. In fact, one of the most famous examples of this motif is a Mithraic stone carving showing the so-called "lion-headed god," whose image is often found in Mithraic temples, standing on a globe that is marked with the cross representing the two circles of the zodiac and the celestial equator.

One final fact about the celestial equator is crucial: namely, that it does not remain fixed, but rather possesses a slow movement known as the "precession of the equinoxes." This movement, we know today, is caused by a wobble in the earth's rotation on its axis. As a result of this wobble, the celestial equator appears to change its position over the course of thousands of years. This movement is known as the precession of the equinoxes because its most easily observable effect is a change in the positions of the equinoxes, the places where the celestial equator crosses the zodiac. In particular, the precession results in the equinoxes moving slowly backward along the zodiac, passing through one zodiacal constellation every 2,160 years and through the entire zodiac every 25,920 years. 

Now the part I find the most facinating here is this part:

What about the four creatures of a cherub?
Look to four of the brightest stars in the zodiac;
Fomalhaut in Aquarius (man)
Regulus in Leo (lion)
Antares in Ophiuchus (serpent holder, or eagle) and
Aldebaran in Taurus (the bull).
All four of these stars are arranged three signs apart, in the four corners of the heavens - the four fixed signs of the zodiac. These are the four creatures which combine to form scriptural  cherubim. 

So then right now the "cherubs" are under Saturnian innfulence?

You and I are both cherubs, cheri, LOL. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: