Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 03:46:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 25165 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 10:22:58 am »

But Herefornow seems to like this notion, and I’ve fascinated by the idea of nano robots used to construct a space station, or perhaps to enlarge the existing one.  This may seem off topic for Mars, but building such a space station to orbit Mars might be a very good place to start if any private enterprise were to try to colonize the red planet.  Maybe going down to build a martian colony on work days and coming home to an orbiting space station at night would be a better plan, at least until they had something more livable on the surface. 

That is exactly where I was going with the idea. However, the intent is to encourage a constructed space station in orbit around Earth first. Then launch the entire station to Mars. Portions of the station will remain in orbit to serve as a releif center, and warehouse, satelite, ect. Modular sections of the station will actually land on the surface.  Wink

This way, a bunch of people are going to Mars on something that looks like, well a Deathstar.
Sheilding and the rotation of this massive object solves atleast 2 of the problems we've been presented with. And a small crew of about 60 should be able to handle the job nicely.

Ofcourse, it would take an international effort to acheive. I don't see this as impossible, or a fantasy.
We have the technology now, to make a plan like this actually happen.
Even when you think about how your going to power something like this, we have fusion reactors that could use helium 3. (found on the moon) Or seperate extractors using all raw materials to the fullest potential.
Propultion, Ion Drive. Water, hydrogen collectors on surface of this station.

I mean, if they can extract oxygen and hydrogen from space rocks, and even the surface of both the moon and Mars. Then we can do it from an artificial planet like "Space station Exodus". Built entirely by a super computer that is programmed to utilize only the most human friendly procedures in construction, which will also be going with the station to preserve human life.

Private Enterprise is about the only thing wealthy enough, and ambitious enough to even touch an idea like this. Thats why I feel it fits the bill.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:32:14 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: