Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:26:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23501 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2007, 07:46:33 pm »

Are There Still Habitable Planets in the Universe Available for Colonization?

With most of the human population clinging to the idea that we are the most advanced life form created by God, there is an illusion of a vast universe with a bounty of unexplored planets for mankind to conquer. This concept is far from the truth. The universe is populated with an infinite variety of intelligent life forms in every shape, size and species. Some forms are beyond the comprehension of mankind. Habitable planetary space is rare. Significant quantities of new planetary space is available after a localized big bang initialized by a massive black hole, has created a new galaxy or cluster there of. When mankind achieves interstellar travel during the next few centuries, his explorations will reveal that most planets are already occupied, some with multiple sentient species unaware of each other except by rumor.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2007, 07:56:24 pm »

MD- here is the layout of a gravity opposing generator.
Show this to your boss at GE.....

Objects of the present invention:

To provide a gravity-opposing repulsion generator utilizing electro-magnetic forces to provide repulsion by creating an electro-magnetic field superior to all surrounding forces to provide a gravity-opposing repulsion generator wherein a pair of electro magnetic rings are disposed one within the other and encircling a central sphere that is electrically energized to opposing polarities to force the counter-rotational movement thereof to provide a gravity-opposing repulsion generator wherein the rotational speed of the rings and the voltage applied thereto increases to a point to effectively achieve gravitational neutrality to provide a gravity-opposing repulsion generator wherein the rotational speed of the rings and the voltage applied thereto are further increased to a point to provide repulsion from the Earth's gravitational field by taking advantage of the north-to-north magnetic situation created by the electro-magnetic field created by the present invention to provide a gravity-opposing repulsion generator having a central sphere comprising a combination of metal conductive material with dielectric material and having a conducting mounting rod forming a core extending vertically from opposing ends thereof.

10 present invention 36 inner ring device
12 central sphere 38 interface area
14 inner ring 40 lower half of 16
16 outer ring 42 upper half of 16
18 dielectric material 44 outer ring bolt
20 conductive material 46 bearings
22 conductive mounting rod 48 dielectric support
24 outer face of 14 50 rotation of 16
26 inner face of 16 52 rotation of 14
28 north magnet of 14 54 mechanical gear mesh
30 north magnet of 16 56 electrical contact brush
32 starter motor 58 thermal control means
34 housing 60 capillary tubing

Pictures:

If you are interested in licensing, purchasing the rights to the above invention or entering into a royalty agreement please contact the office of Michael I. Kroll as follows:

Michael I. Kroll
171 Stillwell Lane
Syosset, New York 11791
Tel. #: 800-367-7774
Tel. #: 516-367-7777
Fax #: 800-367-7704
Fax #: 516-692-2787
E-Mail patent@invention.net 

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 08:00:48 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2007, 09:26:56 pm »

Actually, I've been trying to apply myself to getting this car upholstered, and I finished it yesterday.  TA DA!  I've been trying to pop in once in a while to catch up on the reading, but haven't got to it all yet.  It's getting way over my head anyway!  I can understand generalities, but the minute details boggle my brain.  I can understand that Lazar's theory, can be disputed and why, but when we get into this technical minutae I'm lost.  So I'll watch for a while Cool
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2007, 12:53:33 pm »

Smiley  There’s lots of reading here to catch up on.  But what good is theorizing on a propulsion system using an element that we don’t have access to here on earth?   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2007, 03:34:08 pm »

Smiley  There’s lots of reading here to catch up on.  But what good is theorizing on a propulsion system using an element that we don’t have access to here on earth?   Cool

The point of it is to show, what upgrades might later surface after we leave orbit.
Then again, it's about being Earth-grown technology that makes it all so "Niffty"....
Ok, screw it, let's disregaurd element 115 and stick to what we can do..   LOL

A "fusion" reactor using helium 3, would be no less a great feat of engineering on our part.
Retreival units will have to be deployed to the Moon.
For that matter, should we post a poll after picking names for the space station?

I have 4 names that come to mind.

Space station _______.
Exodus-
Sirus-
New Eden-
Posiden-

If any of you have names that you want to put out there, I'm open to suggestions.
Again this marvel of imagination does need a name.

Cool

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 03:36:07 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

DDDnD3D

« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2007, 03:13:19 am »

*** " Im taking aim & shooting ! " My problem is envy ! I envy those Who seem to have a lot of Free Time on their hands ? Quoting Science Fiction consistently is amateurish & childish !
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2007, 03:55:34 am »

herefornow, I think you're missing the most obvious name of all.  ATLANTIS Grin

When I brought up Lazar's propulsion system, it was to show how simple it could be and if scientists could develop something with as few moving parts, substituting element 115 with something else, it's food for thought.

Hee Hee Hee - that contraption reminds me of the magneto on the Model-T Cheesy  We'll have to put two magnetos face to face, run a rod down the centre between the two, hit the starter switch, and we'll fly Grin

Actually 3D, that science fiction came from SOMEWHERE.  I believe the writers and producers read the Sumerian texts as well as the Urantia Book.  I think I read somewhere that Gene Roddenberry did study the Vedas as well.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
DDDnD3D

« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2007, 04:23:51 am »

*** I Love Originality ! New Ideas ! Not the Repetetive Stuff Ive been hearing for the last 5 decades? "Hyperdrive". . . "Wormholes" ? These are concepts that not only if 1000s of years in the Future but are pretty much and practically Impossible ? THE ONLY WAY TO CIRCUMVENT ALL TECHNNOLOGY & THE TEACHINGS TO THE ST*RS IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF ALL GREAT THINKERS IS THE ACT OF ASTRAL PROJECTION. when ONE leaves the physical body & no longer depends or requires assistance on this physical realm to teleport to other Dimensions and Planes Places.
Report Spam   Logged
DDDnD3D

« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2007, 06:01:29 am »

*** Of Course they read all those ancient writings ! They never acknowledged it ! or it was never common knowledge ! But these guys:  Verne . . . Asimov. . . Roddenbury . . . etc. were very well versed in all the ancient scriptures ! That is why they stood out and were recognized before their time and before Internet.       ****D3D   c.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2007, 01:03:34 pm »

*** " Im taking aim & shooting ! " My problem is envy ! I envy those Who seem to have a lot of Free Time on their hands ? Quoting Science Fiction consistently is amateurish & childish !

Ok, I can relate to that. Now, what I am trying to understand is how converting science fiction into science fact is unorigional?

Their are people out there right now, actually attempting to produce the technologies we have seen in the movies.
Whats wrong with us trying to figure out ways to bring these ideas into a working plan for getting into space?
I am honest enough to admit that I'm personally unable to make this plan actually happen.
However their is those who may read this someday and see something that will contribute to interplanetary travel.

No offence, but I think your blowing it out of proportion.
The entire forum is filled with everyday people who offer ideas and opinions about lots of things.
I guess if this makes me childish and amature, then I am OK with that.
I am both of those things, and I don't mind that so it doesn't matter...     Grin

LOL It's cool though. Regaurdless of how this all might make some people feel, I like it.
Someday it might be something that could influence ideas of better things to come.
Why let it bother you, that I have time to waste posting these things?
I'm sure your posts are so much more origional and intellectual.
 Cool
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 01:08:48 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2007, 01:14:29 pm »

Atlantis, actually was something I considered but for the sake of not using any NASA names. I went with Posiden. I would have loved to imagine Space Station Atlantis in an announced launching to outer space.
I'll still place the Atlantis name on the poll though.

I want this to be collectively acceptable by all in whom have contributed to this thread.
Private Enterprise- To Mars is about the ideas of new technologies and methods.
It deserves a name that fits the theories involved.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 01:18:52 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2007, 08:42:33 pm »

wovoostyn technology and H-ray propulsion.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2007, 12:29:08 am »

H-Ray? Is that like the plasma laser propultion systems?  Huh

Franklin Mead, project manager, for the Air Force Research Laboratory’s Propulsion Directorate at Edwards Air Force Base, California.

"There’s a lot of historical aspects to this work. We’ve done things that nobody else has ever done," Mead told SPACE.com.

Over 140 flights of the saucer-sized disks have been completed to date. The highest altitude reached by a Lightcraft has been 128 feet (39 meters), a record set nearly a year ago last July.

Lightcraft flights last only seconds. As the vehicle rides on the light beam, it smacks into a black-painted plywood board that is positioned over the test site.

Mead said a goal of the next tests is setting a new record.

"We’re trying to attempt something on the order of 1,000 feet (305 meters)," Mead said. Gone will be the backstop, with the Lightcraft, hopefully, speeding past its current altitude record, he said.

The new series of open-air tests is being coordinated with the Air Force Space Command, which keeps track of Earth-orbiting spacecraft. Bursts of laser light will be timed so as not to blind sensors on satellites that are passing over New Mexico, Mead said.

On the beam

Mead said another possible goal for the upcoming flights is routing the laser beam on the ground from one set of optical gear to another while the Lightcraft is in flight.

By handing off the light beam to successively larger optics, the laser energy hitting the Lightcraft can be sharply focused while the vehicle climbs higher and higher. In essence, these "beam directors" act like stages of a rocket, needed to hurl a payload toward space.

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/laser_propulsion_000705.html

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:35:03 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2007, 12:40:21 am »

Check this out!

UPDATE: It has been proposed that extremely small payloads (10 kg) could be delivered to Mars in only 10 days of travel time using laser-based lightsail caft (Meyer, 1984), but in order to do so, would require a 47 GW laser system. With 47,000 reflections then only a 1MW laser system would be needed. (fifty 20KW lasers). Scaling up 100 times would be able to deliver 1 ton payloads to Mars in ten days.
"Multi-Bounce Laser-Based Sails", written by Robert A. Metzger and Geoffrey Landis
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2007, 12:44:08 am »

United States Patent 20070056262 Kind Code:A1 Link to this page:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20070056262.html
Abstract: A hybrid electric-laser propulsion (HELP) thruster. A propellant has self-regenerative surface morphology. A laser ablates the propellant to create an ionized exhaust plasma that is non-interfering with a trajectory path of expelled ions. An electromagnetic field generator generates an electromagnetic field that defines a thrust vector for the exhaust plasma. Multiple HELP thrusters may be ganged together, and controlled, according to mission criteria.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: