Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 02:56:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23217 times)
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 06:34:39 pm »

No one on Earth knows.

We'd need to see a Venusian or Saturnian Hall of Records.  It has been forgotten from Earth history.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 06:56:41 pm »

IT WAS EROS URIDES, the real Martian behind the scenes, who dictated the contents of this book through the medium to Mr. [J. L.] Kennon. It was further stated that "The medium was held in trance for short periods only, as the medium must necessarily experience the atmosphere of Mars which is more rarified than that of your Earth." Writes also that the medium seemed to have some difficulty, and at first pain in breathing while in the trance condition. Mr. Kennon also wrote in his foreword of the original book that it was not until January 4, 1920, it was decided to write the book in which the Planet Mars, its people, its form of government, its Art, Industries, Philosophy of life, etc. would for the first time in the history of this world be given.

This is from a little book called The Planet Mars and It's Inhabitants.  It's quite a fun read, and personally, I think it's totally logical that an enlightened society lived this way.  I have quoted before from this article regarding the "power towers".  From the description, they put me in mind of Tesla's Towers, as well as the towers in the background on the right hand side of the Mosaic that was found recently under the ancient baths in Rome.

On one occasion a short time after the chapter dealing with the transmission of Electro-magnetic energy by wireless was received, I was shown two immense towers on the planet which are used for the purpose of distributing power throughout the planet. The two towers were very close together, probably 100 yards apart and 100 feet high. They resembled two immense round smoke-stacks, such as are common in our factory districts. The tops of the towers were surmounted by oval caps, transparent as if made from glass, and protected by a system of grill work. While I was intently observing the towers there occurred a blinding flash of light simultaneously from the two oval caps. The surrounding country was covered with high trees, and it was impossible for me to observe the base of the two structures.
  Last paragraph, chapter 7.
Tesla's Tower:

Mosaic found in Rome under Trajan's Baths (I think)

Artist's rendition of Mosaic:

http://squarecircles.com/books/onlinebooks/otherworlds/mars/planetmars.htm#1.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:59:07 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 06:58:10 pm »

I just thought that rather than opening ANOTHER thread, the theory of Mars at one time being habitable could be interacted with the theory that there are constructed planets.

In Sitchin's books, using the Sumerian Texts as his base, he talks about the planet Mars being a way-station for the ships that came for the gold that was mined here on earth that the home planet needed for purposes of repairing their atmosphere.  This theory would fit with what Hoagland describes as "rooms" instead of "family" dwellings on Mars. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 07:03:27 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 08:19:09 pm »

Sitchin is right about the Martian layover for the Anunnakis, however this Martian Holocaust happened recently in the last 10,000 years or so.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 09:42:40 pm »

Really Volitzer?  You sound so positive.  Have you been astral travelling?
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 10:21:52 pm »

Nah I read a lot of Adamski and Sitchin and whomever else knows about Earth people who have had contact with exo-humans and alien alike.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 12:10:07 am »

Sitchin is right about the Martian layover for the Anunnakis, however this Martian Holocaust happened recently in the last 10,000 years or so.

Interesting - that Atlantis supposedly sunk about10,000 years ago too.

For what it's worth, I really find Hoagland's site informative and logical.  I was just there reading a few things, and I find he thinks very much like I do on a lot of subjects.  I'm no where near as educated as he is, but the logic train just keeps on chugging and the conclusions he makes, I have arrived at also.  I admit, I jump rather quickly whereas he explains everything in great detail.  Thank goodness for people like him who ARE educated and can think for themselves. 

I keep telling my husband that there are ancient flying machines buried in the sands of Egypt and we'll find them one day (he of course, laughs at me) but just now I was reading on Hoagland's site where he thinks the same thing.  Thoth supposedly buried his under the Sphinx, so why couldn't others be buried out there somewhere as well?  When I first saw those pictures in the tomb at Abydos depicting "flying machines", I immediately thought they must have been something that was considered sacred or "of the gods" else why would it be in a tomb?  Especially a tomb that was built so perfectly.  I thought that the artist had either seen the actual vehicles or definitely saw clear drawings of them.  Maybe Seti did find them buried and built his tomb over top of them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:23:09 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 01:07:01 pm »

Smiley  Ah ha, Qoais!  So then is this to be the new “construct” thread?  Perfect!  I have a great book on Mars with an entire chapter entitled “who terra-formed Mars?”  Now, as for finding that particular book, I’ll need a day or two, so please be patient.  But as memory serves me, the idea was that Mars’ entire surface has been oxidized, (hence the red color).  In the author’s scholarly opinion someone had deliberately terra-formed Mars.  According to him, Mars never did have enough natural gravity to sustain an atmosphere, and by adding enough water and oxygen to the planet, the newly created atmosphere raised the temperature of the planet and made it habitable and pleasant.  But without adding the necessary water to sustain what was naturally lost by the low gravity conditions the planet returned to its normal inhospitable state. 

Now according to him, it was scientifically possible to do it again.  All we’d have to do is deflect enough icy space debris, (comets or the stuff in the belt beyond Pluto), and send it crashing into Mars.  Then a few thermo nuclear explosions to heat up the ice, and Viola! -   A planet fit for human habitation!

So it occurs to me, if it’s been done before, who did it?  Perhaps it was the Atlanteans and we just don’t remember that far back? 
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 08:33:18 pm »

Back at the ranch-China to map ‘every inch’ of Moon surface
Posted on Tuesday, 14 August, 2007 | 4:49 | Comments: 7
China aims to chart every inch of the moon’s surface, the chief scientist of the country’s first lunar exploration program said in comments published on Friday. China, which plans to launch a lunar orbiter called ”Chang’e One” in the second half of 2007 to take 3D images, would aim to land an unmanned vehicle on its surface by 2010, official news portal Chinanews.com quoted Ouyang Ziyuan as saying.“Currently, our country’s lunar exploration program is divided into three phases—orbiting the moon, landing on the moon and returning back to Earth,” Ouyang said. The second phase would see an unmanned craft land on the moon to “meticulously” survey a certain area, and the third phase would aim to “bring samples back to earth,” he added.China’s space exploration program has come far since late leader Mao Zedong lamented that China could not even launch a potato into space.

In 2003, it became only the third country after the former Soviet Union and the United States to launch a man into space aboard its own rocket. In October 2005, it sent two men into orbit and plans a space walk by 2008.But China’s space plans have faced increasing international scrutiny amid fears about a potential space arms race with the United States and other powers since it blew up one of its own weather satellites using a ground-based missile in January.

Roll Eyes

Now, on the other hand. Here is where our collective resources have not not any of us any justice.

Nasa has launched a spacecraft on a nine-month journey to Mars, where it will dig below the surface for clues to the existence of past or present life. The Phoenix probe lifted off at 0526 EDT (1026 BST) from Cape Canaveral, Florida, atop a Delta II rocket. If everything goes to plan, Phoenix should arrive at Mars in late May 2008. Phoenix was scheduled to launch on Friday, but severe weather conditions prevented fuelling of the rocket's second stage. This left little contingency time in the schedule, forcing Nasa officials to move the launch from Friday to Saturday. The US space agency wants to land the probe on relatively flat terrain at a Martian latitude equivalent to northern Alaska on Earth. On these northern plains, water ice is thought to lie just a few tens of centimetres below the surface, within reach of the lander's 2.4m (7.5ft) robotic arm.

Scientists estimate the ice content of the upper metre of soil in this region could be as high as 50-70%. The mission will aim to shed light not only on the history of this water ice but also on whether the region could support microbial life. Crucial to this question will be tests for complex, carbon-based chemicals (organics) in the soil and signs the ice periodically melts.

Why hasn't private enterprize thought of doing this?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:47:27 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »

Smiley  Okay here is the book I read that gives a detailed stradgedy for colonizing the red planet.  It’s called “The Case For Mars” by Robert Zubrin.  He now has a web site at:

http://spot.colorado.edu/~marscase/Home.html

Here's who he is from Wikapedia:

Robert Zubrin is an American aerospace engineer and author, best known for his advocacy of manned Mars exploration. He was the driving force behind Mars Direct—a proposal intended to produce significant reductions in the cost and complexity of such a mission. The key idea was to use the Martian atmosphere to produce oxygen, water, and rocket propellant for the surface stay and return journey. A modified version of the plan was subsequently adopted by NASA as their "design reference mission".
 Terraforming Mars, the Noble Experiment?
Summary (Jul 12, 2004): Mars Society founder, Robert Zubrin, talks about how to terraform the red planet. His engineer's eye reveals his robust plans for not just getting to a new home, but also how to build one from scratch.

Here's a quote on terraforming from this site:

http://www.astrobio.net/news/article1074.html

Terraforming Mars, the Noble Experiment?
Interview with Robert Zubrin

As a former Martin-Marietta aerospace engineer, prolific author and founder of the non-profit Mars Society (1998), Robert Zubrin is regarded as the driving force behind the proposed Mars Direct mission to reduce the cost and complexity of interplanetary travel. The flight plan calls for a return journey fueled by rocket propellant harvested in situ, from the martian atmosphere itself.

As described in Zubrin's book, The Case for Mars: The Plan to Settle the Red Planet, the Mars Direct concept eventually became a cornerstone of a frugal 'living off the land' approach to travel in NASA's Design Reference Mission. The Design Reference Mission (DRM) covers Earth launch to Mars landing, Mars cruise to Mars launch, and Earth return. The mission entails sending cargo ahead, docking the crew at the space station, then meeting up with the stashed supplies once on Mars.
"For our generation and many that will follow, Mars is the New World," writes Zubrin. The New York Times Book Review (Dennis Overbye) indicated how such an outline initially was greeted as breaking conventional wisdom about martian mission plans: "Part history, part call to arms, part technical manual, part wishful thinking, The Case for Mars ... lays out an ingenious plan. ......one of the most provocative and hopeful documents I have read about the space program in 20 years."

So private enterprise is "thinking" about it.  My thought here is that there is nothing new under the sun.  And if we can terraform Mars in the future, have "we" or someone humanoid, done it in the past?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 12:17:27 am »

I love the information and yet, I see a serious lack of ambition in the world today.
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 01:09:41 am »

Gee - I can't imagine why Cheesy

All that kids do these days is watch TV and play on the computer.  Ask them to do anything physical and you'd think you'd asked them to kill themselves!!
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

mdsungate

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 09:42:56 am »

Grin  Qoais, you must have children or grandchildren.  I have four, and what you said is SOOOO true, so true!  But to put it in prespective, my father thought that my generation was the laziest generation to ever grace the earth, and that we had no concept of what hard work was.  To him, if you weren’t working up a sweat digging a ditch, you weren’t working. 

I remember a quote that was read to me in high school.  It said that children today were lazy, disrespectful of their elders, and immoral.  Each generation seem to get progressively worse, the quote stated, and “how long could this increasing deprivation go on?”  The quote was one from Plato, LOL.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 09:47:43 am »

So true! Back when I was kid, I did things like bike riding, hiking, swimming, and so on.
Longest I have ever been out of work in 20 years was only 2 and a half months. As a result of my ambition levels. Now I work between 12 and 14 hours a day, starting at noon till the wee hours of the morning and wake up ready for more.  Smiley These kids need to get off them butts and start moving.

My generation is there only hope, because it's the last seriously motivated one that America will know until the change is in place. Like MdSun, I have a big family too, and I will be damned if they are going to sit around the house and do nothing. I'll be cracking the old whip, and telling them how to make better use of time.  Wink Trust me, they don't want me supervising them in something work related.

This forces them to do things like chores and play, because they know if I start assigning them duties that it's going to be a busy day.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:58:13 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 10:25:53 am »

One of my daughters could have been a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon because she is highly intelligent.  Altho we couldn't afford to send her to univesity, she did absolutely nothing to help herself.  After she was married, her husband offered to send her to university and she declined.  Too much trouble.
Basically, our society has bred laziness.  Mommie has to drive the kids everywhere or they won't go.  That same daughter wanted to take figure skating lessons, but she wouldn't walk to the skating rink.  Had there been a David Bowie concert, she'd have been the first one there!
Both girls have told me that they hated it when they came home from school and saw me scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees and standing for hours with a wringer washing machine doing the laundry.  I couldn' believe it.  I LOVED doing those things.  They felt sorry for me!!!!

So - it's a mind set I guess.  There will be those that WILL study and learn and develop terra forming on mars, and there will be those that want to be the first ones there to get in on the ground floor and supposedly make a fortune.  New frontiers and all that.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: