Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 03:26:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23226 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #495 on: September 06, 2013, 09:00:40 am »

An Example of what I'm thinking is like this sorta, Rachel...

Again, the resources to construct basically everything in this thread would come from mining asteroids.
And when you get into materials, we are talking literally everything from Titanium, Cobalt, Iron, Aluminum, water, oxygen, helium 3, and well basically name it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:03:52 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #496 on: September 14, 2013, 04:38:05 pm »

Seems like we aren't advanced yet to begin mining asteroids, Harry. I think you would need to get a bunch of terraforming stuff in place first? Plus, aren't asteroids constantly moving? Like I said, I don't have much know how when it comes to quantum physics.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #497 on: September 14, 2013, 10:12:22 pm »

Smiley Well we have NEO's which could serve as a beginning. These Near Earth Objects, sail through our solar system and can come as close as 28 million miles to 18,000 miles from Earth.... There are at least 10,000 of these objects that range in size from only a few feet to 28 miles across. Laser mining is one of the ideas I have been kicking around. By cutting chunks off that are smaller at a continuous rate and returning them to a stationary place in outer space. We can create a logistically perfect system of refinement and material return. Not to mention we are improving the odds of human survival by mining NEO's to death so they don't impact the Earth.  Smiley Justification, if you will.

As for quantum Computing, it would be used to coordinate robotic mining and production of machines and materials.....
To begin with. As for the big picture, creating an Exodus space station is something that would happen as our understanding of material science deepens.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:16:31 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #498 on: October 04, 2013, 06:46:20 pm »

Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #499 on: October 04, 2013, 06:50:33 pm »

Grin

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #500 on: October 04, 2013, 06:56:19 pm »

Smiley

What happens when you combined 4D printing with quantum computing?

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #501 on: October 04, 2013, 07:06:38 pm »

And finally my favorite substance for making things that can have enhanced structural integrity and way lower weight.

Report Spam   Logged

Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2013, 12:21:54 am »

So how will people reproduce in space? Wonder if being born on another planet will lend itself to some kind of deformities?
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #503 on: October 26, 2013, 08:42:31 am »

You know, I have given this a lot of thought and for the sake of a book I came up with this idea of using a controlled manipulation of our DNA.
We found a way to trick our DNA into accepting the planet Eden as out mother world. The scientific explanation of how we did it involved nanobots that are controlled by chemical reactions in our body's proteins to alter the DNA slowly and gradually to make it adaptable to the planet.
As for reproducing in space, The Exodus space station would have a normal Earth like gravity and it produced an Earth like magnetic field naturally.
I can't think of any problems. However, our scientist have asked the same questions for the sake of this book and the inhabitants of this Exodus space station were encouraged to have sex often in both normal gravity and 0 gravity. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #504 on: November 01, 2013, 06:03:48 pm »

http://news.discovery.com/space/asteroids-meteors-meteorites/could-asteroid-mining-drive-21st-century-space-industry-130204.htm

Cheesy I've been writing this blog for a few years now and just look at whats transpiring.

The two asteroid mining companies, DSI and Planetary Resources, have the same basic goal, but their intended methods are somewhat different. Planetary Resources are currently developing small, low-cost “LEO” telescopes to survey asteroids on demand, from Earth orbit. They later plan to develop two larger types of prospecting craft. The “Interceptor” will act as a longer range prospector, being able to intercept any asteroids that come within 10-30 times the Earth-moon orbit (something which occurs quite frequently). Finally, the “Rendezvous Prospector” would be able to travel halfway across the inner solar system to gather detailed information about asteroids — including size, shape, rotation, and density. While it’s clear that they plan to develop craft to return samples and eventually return whole asteroids, they haven’t yet made any further details public.

DSI, on the other hand, are taking a more aggressive approach. They currently have two planned spacecraft. The “Firefly”, constructed from low cost materials, will prospect for suitable asteroids to mine. The larger “Dragonfly” craft will then go and start collecting asteroid material. They appear to have numerous more ambitious concept sketches for future craft, but again they haven’t released many details yet.

ANALYSIS: Mining Asteroids: Not Mankind’s Silver Bullet

As well as metal, both companies intend to harvest hydrogen and oxygen to effectively create orbital fuel stations for other spacecraft. Planetary Resources have the long term goal of being able to alter the orbital trajectories of asteroids, and return entire asteroids into lunar orbit for mining. Meanwhile, DSI’s plans involve a 3D printer, dubbed the “Microgravity Foundry”, which will be able to create high quality metal components in orbit. Between them, we could be looking at the beginnings of true orbital industry.  Can't wait to show these guys this thread one day....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:08:31 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #505 on: November 06, 2013, 06:35:49 pm »

Wink

A twist, for the emotions I'm expressing in the form of sounds and alpha waves...
Earthlings call it, music.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #506 on: November 10, 2013, 04:43:19 pm »

So I heard this week that India is planning a Mars mission. Do you know they also went to the moon in the last few years and no one said anything about it?  The last time we went to the moon was back in 1974. Seems like other countries are passing us up.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #507 on: November 23, 2013, 06:32:20 pm »

So I heard this week that India is planning a Mars mission. Do you know they also went to the moon in the last few years and no one said anything about it?  The last time we went to the moon was back in 1974. Seems like other countries are passing us up.

If I could get this blog noticed by someone who is into alternative ideas....
And an army of volunteers to help.... It wouldn't happen. This would become a reality.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #508 on: November 26, 2013, 11:17:15 pm »

Send it to Stephen Hawking, I am sure he can sort through the merits of it, he's a smart guy.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #509 on: December 05, 2013, 06:26:45 pm »

Smiley He's a little too main stream sweety.
I'm thinking more along the line of sending this concept through some people in DSI...
Private Enterprise is where the initial process starts.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: