Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:44:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23371 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #360 on: September 01, 2010, 05:03:07 pm »

Smiley Well said and very reflective. Yet, I say we're stronger.

Grin Mike, the only reason things are the way they are is because we make it possible. Just as no place is untouchable. It's all about "LIVING" on...
Suddenly, no obstacle is to great. No mountain to high. No sky-dive from space to the ground to bold. We have shown even in our destructivness that we can do anything.

Sometimes we just have to tell those people making statistics, to shove it and push on toward the goal. LOL

I know this sounds abit like I have my head in my butt. I have done some insanely crazy things and survived all of them. I beat my fear of heights by doing a static jump from an airplane at 4,500 ft. I survived living in poverty and crime infested areas of this city all my life. Overcame my fears about people. Did all the stuff that a Boy- does and then some just to see what it was like. And after everything, those who said I would never amount to anything were all proven wrong When I began working back in 1988 and am still working to this day like a good wage-slave does.
 Wink
My point is, all the odds have always been against me. And I pushed on and made it all work out in the end for the better. If I could atleast do a screen play on something like this. I know, atleast one in a hundred people will stop and think hard about the idea. And say, "Wow" that would do the job.

Sudden that boulder falls to the ocean, creating a wave that washes up on a distant shore.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:05:47 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #361 on: September 04, 2010, 01:50:24 am »

Smiley  Well you’re a survivor Harry.  “That which does not kill us, makes us strong.”  And I love the allegory about the boulder. 

You’ve set down some great ideas in this thread.  And “reaching for the stars” is part of the human spirit.  I think in our hearts we all know it is destined to happen.  Like the “Manifest Destiny” that the pioneers believed in, they all worked together to achieve a country that spanned from “sea to shining sea.” 

The difference between a dream and a reality is the ability to make others dream the same dream.  The more real the dream seems, the more detailed and exacting it is, then the more believers in that dream.

Movies, even more than books, can make a dream seem very real.  So where does this story of the Exodus Interplanetary Space Ship begin?  Do we see it being built first, and ending with it’s maiden voyage?  Or do we see it immediately in action, with flash backs of how it all came to be? 
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2010, 09:32:01 am »

Now that is a good question. As a movie, I would show how the world is and what it's effects on people are. Between the scenes I would show what "WE" are doing to build the Exodus. It would begin with a more narrative section. Which gives way to answering the whys and the hows.. .
The Action would be a shot of space as the camera angle lowers and begins to show the Exodus completed and fleets of shuttles transporting the world's people to the station.
It would combined telling a story in a documentary format.

After, the narration stops. The real action begins. Real-time sort-a-speak.
The end of the movie will show us beginning the task of leaving the solar sysytem.

Exodus 2 Shows life in space. Finds the planet we call eden.
Exodus 3 We are in orbit around Eden and ready to send the landers/shuttles. Construction of Atlantis.
Living on a new world.

The reason for there being 3 movies about this? This thread alone would take atleast 7 hours to explain to someone.
We're looking to explain it all in roughly 8 1/2 hours.

Leonardo D.V..
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:29:10 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2010, 08:32:59 am »

Smiley

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:55:16 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #364 on: September 06, 2010, 08:45:21 am »

A 17 part explanation about Atlantis and free masonary... Hmmmm
I wonder if its possible that America is the New Atlantis of the Earth and now its up to someone to recreate A true Atlantean civilisation amongst the stars.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2010, 10:23:00 am »

Smiley  Sounds like the movie is to be a three part trilogy then.   You’ve got lots of good material here.  I haven’t finished watching all the videos.  (It’s harder to go into the “scan” mode with video, LOL). 

QUOTE FROM HEREFORNOW:

Hmmmm
I wonder if its possible that America is the New Atlantis of the Earth and now its up to someone to recreate A true Atlantean civilisation amongst the stars.

Well, remember that by some accounts Atlantis was a technologically advanced civilization with designs of global domination.  That might be a good fit for the America this country has become, LOL.  And according to Cayce, they strayed away from “The Law of One”, (which seems to have been a lot like monotheism), and used their technology for self gratification.  That might also fit our current trends, LOL.

They say that “There is nothing new under the sun” and I for one believe that we haven’t even reached the level of technology that Atlantis achieved.  There are rumors of a pyramid on the moon, and “The Face On Mars”.  The immediate assumption is that “alien” civilizations may have built them.  But I just think “we” (Atlantis) built them and don’t remember it.   

The entire surface of Mars is “oxidized”, and there are books written with speculations of how we could “teraform” Mars to be inhabitable.  I think “we’ve” already done that.  Atlantis, in my opinion, may have had outposts on the moon and had already “teraformed” Mars and made it inhabitable, and turned it into an Atlantean colony thousands of years ago.  But with the destruction of Atlantis the colony couldn’t sustain itself and had to return their now devastated home planet to try and rebuild it. 

It’s reasonable to assume that the Atlanteans had the same dreams and goals of the highest aspirations of the human spirit as we humans have today.  Have you seen any of my posts about the “zoomorphic gold bug” that Ian Sanderson first popularized?  If so you may remember that an aeronautical engineer was given a model of it and asked to analyze it without being told what it was.  His conclusion was that it was something we have yet to develop… a vehicle capable of leaving the atmosphere into space and also capable of re-entering it and landing! 

Check it out:

Maybe we're trying to do what they already did, LOL.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #366 on: September 11, 2010, 03:51:52 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUq2bQkL1zo&feature=player_embedded

Wink
Imagine a quantum computer that was able to utilize this technology for instructing pacific matter to assemble using radio frequencies, or magnetic feilds...

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #367 on: September 11, 2010, 03:54:29 pm »

Smiley  Sounds like the movie is to be a three part trilogy then.   You’ve got lots of good material here.  I haven’t finished watching all the videos.  (It’s harder to go into the “scan” mode with video, LOL). 

QUOTE FROM HEREFORNOW:

Hmmmm

Well, remember that by some accounts Atlantis was a technologically advanced civilization with designs of global domination.  That might be a good fit for the America this country has become, LOL.  And according to Cayce, they strayed away from “The Law of One”, (which seems to have been a lot like monotheism), and used their technology for self gratification.  That might also fit our current trends, LOL.

They say that “There is nothing new under the sun” and I for one believe that we haven’t even reached the level of technology that Atlantis achieved.  There are rumors of a pyramid on the moon, and “The Face On Mars”.  The immediate assumption is that “alien” civilizations may have built them.  But I just think “we” (Atlantis) built them and don’t remember it.  

The entire surface of Mars is “oxidized”, and there are books written with speculations of how we could “teraform” Mars to be inhabitable.  I think “we’ve” already done that.  Atlantis, in my opinion, may have had outposts on the moon and had already “teraformed” Mars and made it inhabitable, and turned it into an Atlantean colony thousands of years ago.  But with the destruction of Atlantis the colony couldn’t sustain itself and had to return their now devastated home planet to try and rebuild it. 

It’s reasonable to assume that the Atlanteans had the same dreams and goals of the highest aspirations of the human spirit as we humans have today.  Have you seen any of my posts about the “zoomorphic gold bug” that Ian Sanderson first popularized?  If so you may remember that an aeronautical engineer was given a model of it and asked to analyze it without being told what it was.  His conclusion was that it was something we have yet to develop… a vehicle capable of leaving the atmosphere into space and also capable of re-entering it and landing! 

Check it out:

Maybe we're trying to do what they already did, LOL.
 Wink
Mike

They did this same experiment on the science channel. MUFON magazine conducted the experiment.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #368 on: October 02, 2010, 11:16:03 am »

This bit of information tells us that a potential EDEN is out there and the potential for an EXODUS.
And the rise of a truely ATLANTEAN civilisation is equally PLAUSABLE.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2010, 05:01:37 pm »

Smiley I have been trying to find a way to make a computer generated image of the exodus assembling in space stage by stage. does anyone want the task of trying this for the sake of a documentary?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2010, 06:05:38 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJXSSYyIVqw&feature=player_embedded

This is the hard part. Finding planets that can sustain human beings is where we need to focas the energies to begin with.
Governments, are looking already and possible places are surfacing. Yet there is something very fundamental in the way we are looking that I feel is being over-looked here. 
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #371 on: November 26, 2010, 07:56:17 pm »

Push on the electromagnetic fields in the quantum vacuum and you should get an equal and opposite force.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #372 on: November 26, 2010, 07:56:52 pm »

Propultion is covered.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #373 on: November 27, 2010, 08:30:55 am »

Quantum Manipulation of matter.

Finding ways to control matter at the level of single atoms and electrons fascinates many scientists and engineers because the ability to manipulate single charges and single magnetic moments (spins) may help researchers penetrate deep into the mysteries of quantum mechanics and modern solid-state physics. It may also allow development of new, highly sensitive magnetometers with nanometer resolution, single-spin transistors for coherent spintronics, and solid-state devices for quantum information processing.

Recently, a collaboration of experimentalists from the Kavli Institute of Nanosciences at Delft University of Technology and theorists at the U.S. Department of Energy's Ames Laboratory made a breakthrough in the area of controlling single quantum spins. The results were published in Science Express on Sept. 9. 2008
 The researchers developed and implemented a special kind of quantum control over a single quantum magnetic moment (spin) of an atomic-sized impurity in diamond. These impurities, called nitrogen-vacancy (or N-V) centers, have attracted much attention due to their unusual magnetic and optical properties. But their fragile quantum states are easily destroyed by even miniscule interactions with the outside world.
 By applying a specially designed sequence of high-precision electromagnetic pulses, the scientists were able to protect the arbitrary quantum state of a single spin, and they made the spin evolve as if it was completely decoupled from the outside world. In this way, scientists achieved a 25-fold increase in the lifetime of the quantum spin state at room temperature.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #374 on: December 02, 2010, 05:25:23 pm »

Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

Research Warps into Hyperdrive Leonard David
Senior Space Writer
SPACE.com
Wed Mar 8, 11:00 AM ET

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico – Take one part high-frequency gravitational wave generation, then add in a quantum vacuum field.

Now whip wildly via a gravitomagnetic force in a rotating superconductor while standing by for Alcubierre warp drive in higher dimensional space-time.

So you're looking for the latest in faster-than-light interstellar travel via traversable wormholes? That's one theme among many discussed at Space Technology & Applications International Forum (STAIF), a meeting held here Feb. 12-16 that brought together more than 600 experts to thrash out a range of space exploration issues.

Along with the run-of-the-mill space debates of the day, STAIF has also become a respected venue for researchers that dabble in the exotic, the thought-provoking novel, or the downright weird anomaly.

What's the attraction?

"We're hoping that nature has left a door open," said John Brandenburg of the Florida Space Institute in Orlando, Florida. "If we just find the right door ... we're trying every door knob. One of these days we'll find an open door."

Brandenburg gave a status report on his research into Gravity-Electro-Magnetism (GEM) unification theory. His motivation to poke around in this kind of arena is driven in part by maybe snagging a Nobel Prize, he said, but added: "We not only want to see this stuff…we want to ride in it."

For the most part, the search for breakthroughs in space power and propulsion is akin to walking along the beach, hoping to find that doubloon—a gold coin—gleaming in the Sun, Brandenburg told SPACE.com. "By the way," he said, "I live in Florida ... and that happens occasionally. So we're trying to get lucky."

Finding a pony in the pile

There is no doubt that anybody delving into warp drives and wormhole travel should expect a bit of a skeptical eye from others in certain scientific circles. Getting a hearing for the out-of-the-ordinary inspiration is tough.

"We've got to think about everything possible that there is to think about," said Eric Davis of the Austin, Texas-based Institute for Advanced Studies. "We have got to turn over every stone," he said, "and look into the future to find out what's waiting for us. What can physics do ... where should physics be going?"

To help explore that question, a forum is a legitimate place to present new thinking.

"Otherwise, we may never find it," said Dana Andrews, chief technical officer for Andrews Space in Seattle, Washington. He was an early advocate for having STAIF become a watering hole for challenging, non-traditional proposals.

The outlook that all physics has been discovered doesn't resonate well with Andrews. "I'm of the opinion that things like dark matter, dark energy, vacuum point energy…there might be a pony in that pile. And unless we invite people to think outside the box, we may never find the pony."

Blitzkrieg of equations

As example, a new exact solution of Albert Einstein's 90-year-old gravitational field equation was offered at STAIF by physicist Frank Felber, Vice President and co-founder of Starmark, Inc., based in San Diego, California.

And after you follow a blitzkrieg of his equations, Felber predicted that space travel near the speed of light is attainable—and not too far off in the future.

"I believe this new solution represents a major advance for space propulsion, in that it addresses the major engineering challenges of providing enormous energy to a payload quickly with negligible stresses," Felber later told SPACE.com.

Although all such projections are inherently risky, Felber explained, he figures that the first mission to accelerate a massive payload to "a good fraction" —meaning 10 percent or more—of the speed of light might be launched before the end of this century.

"The solution also offers immediate opportunities over the next couple of years to test Einstein's theory of gravity rigorously in the regime of relativistic speeds, where it has never before been tested," Felber noted. At less than one percent of the cost of space experiments -- like the recently completed Gravity Probe B mission—laboratory experiments can be conducted to demonstrate "antigravity" and test Einstein's theory, he said.

From rest to relativistic speeds

Felber's solution of Einstein's gravitational field equation is the first to calculate the changing gravitational field of a mass moving near the speed of light.

"I wasn't looking for antigravity or a means of propulsion ... and I wasn't looking ‘to push the boundaries,'" Felber said. Instead, he was looking for a way to relate inertial forces to the gravity of distant mass in the Universe.

"In order to do this, I figured I needed to know the gravitational field of relativistic mass, since most of the mass in the Universe is moving away from us at relativistic speeds," Felber explained.

His analysis found that a mass moving faster than 57.7 percent of the speed of light will gravitationally repel other masses lying within a narrow "antigravity beam" in front of it. The closer a mass gets to the speed of light, the stronger this antigravity beam becomes. Thus, the forward antigravity field of a suitably heavy and fast mass might be used to propel a payload from rest to relativistic speeds, Felber explained.

Room for surprises

A healthy dose of skepticism is key, said John Cole, formerly in the Advanced Space Transportation Project Office at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama.

Cole worked over the past several years in the Propulsion Research Center at Marshall supporting several advanced propulsion concepts and experiments, and is now reassigned to support work for NASA's Crew Launch Vehicle.

Regarding new propulsion ideas, Cole added that there's room for surprises. He said that novel concepts presented at STAIF are the by-products of people wanting to help move humans beyond the Earth's environment out into the solar system.

"If we ever want to get to the stars…we can't do that with chemistry," Cole told SPACE.com.

Similarly, there are also drawbacks to nuclear systems, even fusion concepts, Cole said, for pushing humanity outward toward the stars. "If you are going to do that in a reasonable amount of time, something exotic has got to be found," he advised.

Not enough signal in the noise

Cole said that those at STAIF presenting exotic ideas are racking their brains…finding "little niches or peculiarities" in the hopes of insight and possible breakthrough. "But they are advocates…so it's hard not to drink your own bathwater."

Scientific rigor is important, Cole said, and repeatable experiments must rule the day.

"Right now, there's not enough signal in the noise to be convinced that there's anything there. One has to be strongly skeptical of all these kind of things," Cole said. "But you have got to be open-minded too. Maybe somebody will find something. But if they do, it has got to be solid."

No stranger to ground-breaking ideas is Bob Cassanova, Director of the NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts (NIAC) in Atlanta, Georgia. NIAC is steadfast in its search for revolutionary aeronautics and space concepts that could dramatically impact how NASA develops and conducts its missions.

One new NIAC-supported concept, for instance, is building large, massive structures in space simply by using radio waves that create force fields to move materials and assemble them into various structures.

"It's important for people to get together and expose their ideas to the scientific community ... and get back credible feedback," Cassanova said. While he didn't experience any "ah-ha" revelatory moments at STAIF, brainstorming and open discussion is key, he said, to help flesh out a sound idea from speculation.

But Cassanova cautions: "Just because you can write an equation that describes something ... doesn't mean that such an equation describes the real physics that are going on."

Cassanova noted that a number of the STAIF-presented concepts have not been confirmed experimentally. In some cases, requisite power and massive pieces of equipment, as well as adequate funding are unavailable to researchers in order for them to carry out a cutting-edge experiment.

Oomph and might

NASA's own Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project was axed in late 2002.

That fact ties into the NASA of today that has slid back to heritage technologies, observed Davis of the Institute for Advanced Studies. The ability to put some "oomph and might" into expanding humankind's presence into the solar system has been "thoroughly destroyed by this heritage concept."

"We can pick ourselves up off the ground and start using advanced, high-efficiency, high-powered, high-speed propulsion," Davis said, "to make access to space much more effective and much easier to do."

Be it laser beam propulsion, gravity modification, extracting energy from a vacuum, or traversable worm holes and warp drives—these and other concepts deserve attention, Davis said.

"It's important," Davis concluded, "because the future is everything."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060308/sc_space/researchwarpsintohyperdrive

[ 03-14-2006, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Stacy Dohm ]

--------------------
"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 03:13:53 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: