Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:43:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23458 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2010, 11:37:39 pm »

Smiley  If you've never read William Bramley's "The gods of Eden", then it's something that bears on what you've been saying here, Harry.  He was a dry as bone historian who set out to research the causes of war and came to a conculsion that even he couldn't believe!  His research shows war by war and step by step how people are not inclined to go to war.  In each instance we are set up by an outside party who manulipates both sides in the conflict.  His research goes deeper than the usual conspiracy theories that secret brotherhoods and powerful weathy families are behind it all.  He concludes that even those people have been duped.  Maybe there's hope for us on another planet, in another Eden, just not this one. 

Here's a guote from:

http://www.serendipity.li/eden.html

Here is some information and comment relating to the thesis put forward by William Bramley in The Gods of Eden that the basic cause of war, genocide and conflict in history is not a viciousness innate in the human species (or even in the male part of it) but rather is the less-than-benevolent interference in human affairs by extraterrestrials (members of a race which had its origin other than on Earth, the Anunnaki). These ETs allegedly assume, when it suits their purposes, the forms of angels. But far from being angelic, they regard humans as their property and the Earth as an exploitable resource (somewhat like multinational corporations — is there a connection?).

Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2010, 04:40:05 am »

Mike, as always thank you very much for participating in this idea. Your veiws are always welcome by me.
I will have to see what this William Bramley's book is expressing. As for life on another planet goes;
I have no doubt that people who can see past all the preconceived notions that we are all programmed by, would be able to hit the mark of a type 1 civilisation. Perhaps even a type 2.

Idealy, we have the ability to accomplish anything as long as we can think and "Act" outside the box.
To this point, we live day to day hoping for better days that haven't came. One of the reasons for this is "US"....

Smiley
Yet the hope for all mankind is that people like you and I who express ideas like this and others openly, shows that we are not completely lost yet. There is a desire among the many for better, and this suggests that when and if poop hits the fan. That we will persist onward toward more productive ways of doing everything.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #347 on: August 26, 2010, 02:02:06 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM HEREFOR NOW:
That we will persist onward toward more productive ways of doing everything.

I want to give a big "AMEN" to that brother!  Boy could this country use some more of that kind of thinking right now.  I have been shaking my head thinking, "there has got to be a better way" about so many things.  Take the internal combustion engine for one thing.   I have always thought of it as dumb idea.  The damn thing has over 100,000 moving parts and just about shakes itself to death when it runs.

My first car was an Alfa Romeo 5 speed convertible.  It broke down like clockwork every Saturday Night just before my dates.  I have pictures of my prom dated pushing it in a gown to get it jump started!

Now here we are dependent on foreign oil, and more and more of my pay check being dumped down into the tank.  I designed a true hybrid electric car, (not the parallel hybrids they’re trying to pass off as serial hybrids) with regenerative braking power, while doodling in the 7th grade!  And still not one major car company is marketing one yet!  Now that’s not rocket science, if a 12 year old kid can think of it.

What happened to American ingenuity?  I’m getting ready to build it myself, because apparently Detroit just doesn’t want to build it for me.  Maybe it’s time we all got good and fed up with buying the junk they’re peddling and started building our own stuff again.  Personally I would be embarrassed to put my name on most of the poorly made crap they’re trying to market today!  It’s all made to fall apart and make you buy another one.

Okay so building the Space Station may be a little out of our reach at the moment.  Hopefully our kids will have a better shot at that before one of those newly discovered asteroids decides to send us all the way of the dinosaurs.  But how about a better way to power our homes and cars now, and without oil. 

P.S.  Do you know any good machinists? 
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #348 on: August 26, 2010, 02:37:38 am »

Cheesy

I think new ideas for things here on our planet, is here already.

For the Autos:

For the electrical production in our homes:

Now with these simple ideas, we have ultra-low cost conversions that can easily be applied.
 Smiley
Imagine, a motor-cycle using one of these ideas for power.
And the best part is that They didnt wait for someone to give them permission.
They just made these things and wah-laa.... Proactive steps leading us toward new ideas that we can do from home without a degree in rocket science.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2010, 10:25:50 pm »

Smiley  Not to sound like a conspiracy nut case, but although these ideas probably do indeed work, they will never see production.  They would put wealthy people who control the oil and electrical production, out of business and into the "poor house."   Think of it from an "oil barron's" point of view.  How could you "afford" to let something like a "water" powered car, be produced.  Those people would do anything to see that it never happens... and those kind of people are the ones calling the shots, because "money" is power, and they are very powerful.

To quote Star Trek IV, when they go back in time to San Francisco in the 90ies, "They're still using money... we'll have to get some."  On the other hand... can we get THOSE people onto the EXODUS interplanetary space station, and NOT the oil barons, LOL.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2010, 11:13:18 am »

Mike I have been saying the same thing for years too brother. However, I say we do it anyways and simply not charge a dime for anything. LOL : )

Seriously!
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2010, 12:09:27 pm »

Smiley  Totally agree!  Not that I’m a Trekie per say, but that’s why I’ve been a fan.  Both Star Wars and Star Trek offer views of humanity’s future.  Roddenberry envisioned a future with hope of a greater calling for humanity.  In one of the original series episodes Kirk says something to the effect that “yes we are a killer race, but we can choose NOT to kill today.” 

Star Wars, on the other hand, (and I am a huge fan of that as well, and own every movie), has all the flaws and corruption of our current world, just with greater technology… (“the ability to destroy a planet is nothing compared with the power of the force“, not withstanding, LOL).

Roddenberry foresaw two key pieces of technology that will change everything, the transporter and the food replicator…(and that technology is NOT in Star Wars).  However well thought out his creation was, or if he was just truly inspired, I can’t say.  But with those particular abilities, the entire social and financial infrastructure of our society crumble and are destined to change.

If you can “beam” matter, and replicated not just a steak and potato meal, but actually disassemble a living human being and reassemble him, then follow that thought through to it’s implications.  What would then be the difference of beaming a priceless Stradivarius violin, or the Mona Lisa?  And if you could replicate it the way the food replicator does a steak and potato meal, (which would probably be less difficult than the meal), then it would no longer be priceless.  Everyone could have a copy of the Mona Lisa hanging in their living room at that point.  And if done on the monocular level, no expert could even determine which one was the original!

Gold bars from Fort Knox could be reproduced infinitely and “beamed” to every home on planet Earth.  So then who is rich and who is poor at that point?  Money and financial wealth become pointless.  All our material needs can be met.  There is no hunger, starvation, or poverty, and material greed becomes a medical condition that calls for therapy.  The very causes of war are eliminated.

So then being the wealthiest person on the planet is not a desirable goal.  Then what would be the next best challenge for those highly competitive humans?  We’d still have superstar athletes, musicians, actors, and the like, but wouldn’t the real brass ring be to command the latest cutting edge piece of technology and the crew that operates it?  Yes, you’d have to be the best of the best to be the captain of a Star Fleet ship, and take on the Romuluans, LOL.

So on that note, who’d you have in mind for Commander of the Exodus? LOL
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2010, 02:44:53 pm »

Grin Well in order to command something like the Exodus, You must have a level 6 clearence to use the quantum computer system to lay in courses and authorize certain operations. You must be fair and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the survival of your crew in the harshest enviroment known to man.

We are Talking about generations of human beings working together aboard the Exodus.
After we arrive on Eden, you are free to do whatever you want. Aboard the Exodus we ask that you perform atleast 4 hours of service to the station and commit 2 hours of study to planet survival.
After the time is yours for family, friends, and recreation, creation, study....

The same may apply on the planet for those who want to continue higher learning about our new solar system, and other star systems. Regular monitoring of the Earth will also be a part of still another mission that would give us back the Earth, later.... Billions live here for now. If the Exodus delivers, Millions can dwell on multiple worlds networked through more Exodus-like stations to complete fleets of these crafts spanning the cosmos.

This would make a great movie....

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #353 on: August 30, 2010, 02:34:10 am »

Gold bars from Fort Knox could be reproduced infinitely and “beamed” to every home on planet Earth.  So then who is rich and who is poor at that point?  Money and financial wealth become pointless.  All our material needs can be met.  There is no hunger, starvation, or poverty, and material greed becomes a medical condition that calls for therapy.  The very causes of war are eliminated.

Replication alone is key in meeting the supply/demand of everyone.
The real treasures, will become knowledge and experience. Which if these are exchanged for entitlement,
the goods in mention are worth more then gold.  Smiley Think about it....
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #354 on: August 30, 2010, 07:11:54 pm »

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #355 on: August 31, 2010, 12:48:18 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM HEREFORNOW:

The real treasures, will become knowledge and experience. Which if these are exchanged for entitlement,
the goods in mention are worth more then gold. Think about it....

And that’s what is buried beneath the Great Pyramid.  The tomb robbers found nothing of the fabled treasure when the broke into it.  That’s because the treasure is knowledge, and the true history of the human race. 

ANOTHER QUOTE FROM HEREFORNOW:

This would make a great movie....

YES it would!  I’ve got a self-published novel about to go to print, and the story is already a screenplay and a TV Pilot.  I’m self taught, but if you want to get started on it I can show you the ropes.  Screenplays are much easier than novels.  No luck yet with mine, but I did get the hottest VP at NBC to read my TV Pilot of my story.
She passed on it, but she thought it was good enough to take a look at it.  Sci-Fi is hot in the entertainment industry right now.  So give that idea some serious thought.

Before the next generation of scientists bring dreams like a replicator into reality, someone has to write a fictional story about it to make the idea seem possible.
Jules Verne wrote about Atomic Powered Submarines, Manned Moon Flights, and Air Ships long before they were invented.  In many ways it’s the writers who change the world with their visions of a better future.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #356 on: August 31, 2010, 04:28:21 pm »

Smiley Now thats the optimism I look for.... LOL Thank you Mike.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #357 on: August 31, 2010, 11:27:46 pm »

:)Anytime pal.  I'm planning on starting a thread called "Inhabit the Sea". 
3/4ths of this world is water and much of what you've put forth here, that will
work in outer space, would work in the ocean.  The oceans are only subject to international law,
and for the time being, pretty much anything goes outside the three mile limit.
I'm thinking the ocean would be a good proving ground for an interplantary ship like the Exodus.
Hey you have to start somewhere, LOL.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #358 on: September 01, 2010, 04:21:03 am »

I agree that this idea would work in Oceans world wide. However it makes this entire idea corruptable.
The world's Elite as we know them would make this their idea and none of us would ever benefit from it.
The intent behind an "Exodus" is to be "Free".  Smiley Recreating society to no longer determine a man's worth by how much he has, but how much he contributes in acts and knowledge. A system of entitlement based on these things seems to better fit the task at hand. Doing any of this on Earth, would only empower the wealthy even more then "WE" already do.

Ultimately, we must take a step toward becoming less dependant on any of these Earthly ways.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:26:28 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #359 on: September 01, 2010, 02:44:48 pm »

Smiley  I do see your point Harry, and you are right.  Perhaps I’m a little impatient, LOL.  The wealthy had Europe sewed up for centuries, and then the Great Experiment, America, allowed a few to slip out of their grasp for a while.  The pioneers of the frontier didn’t feel much of the tyranny of the Banks of Europe.  Anyone who was willing to work the land had a shot at a better life in the ever expanding New Territory. 

But the frontier closed, and the same powerful people tightened their grasp on the place that once offered hope to the oppressed.  Problem is that we’ve run out of frontier.  “Space, the final Frontier” offers that same hope.  But you can't get on a boat, sail across an ocean, get in a covered wagon and try to start a new life anywhere right now. 

Unfortunately we’re still at the stage where we’re trying to build a boat that could sail the new sea through the endless void of outer space.  Hey, right now only a privileged few, and highly trained astronauts get to see the beach front, LOL. 

So the ocean may not be the ultimate answer.  And any new place the hopeful find here will eventually be infiltrated by the greed of these same powerful few.  America had a good run for a while.  Camelot had it’s brief and shinning moment.  But the poverty stricken, down trodden masses need a new place to hope and dream right now.  The world needs another brief and shinning moment, however brief that mmoment might be.
 Wink
Mike

Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: