Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:53:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23515 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #330 on: December 27, 2009, 08:56:33 pm »

Smiley  Finding our way to a new planet to start a new world is certainly Biblical in proportion.  Perhaps the Garden of Eden that Adam and Eve were exiled from lies somewhere else in the universe and this is where they were exiled. 

As for not repeating past mistakes, I’m afraid we may be “slow learners” as species go.  They rebuilt San Francisco on the same fault line that leveled it, knowing full well another one just as devastating was bound to happen someday.  New Orleans is still a city in a hurricane prone area that lies lower than the sea level, and after it’s devastated we just rebuild it.   Just a couple of examples that come to mind.

Either we’re a species that likes to live on the edge, or we’re just plain dumb, LOL.

Can we only allow intelligent people on this new planet?  ‘Cause then maybe we can get it right, LOL.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #331 on: December 28, 2009, 01:07:32 am »

As for not repeating past mistakes, I’m afraid we may be “slow learners” as species go.  They rebuilt San Francisco on the same fault line that leveled it, knowing full well another one just as devastating was bound to happen someday.  New Orleans is still a city in a hurricane prone area that lies lower than the sea level, and after it’s devastated we just rebuild it.   Just a couple of examples that come to mind.

Either we’re a species that likes to live on the edge, or we’re just plain dumb, LOL.

Can we only allow intelligent people on this new planet?  ‘Cause then maybe we can get it right, LOL.

Currency contributes to the way power hungery barbarians insure property, and rebuild property. This is why we are so.......
Population goes down, granting greater control of asset aquired. And we continue by law to pay it.
Because we choose to have no choice for now. Wink However it would only take 2 or 3 of the world's elite to see the error of his/her seven deadly sins to come back to our side of the feild for a moment.

Now I, oh greedy I am have seen the dark as my light.
Yet I can't feel the path of your glory beneith my weary feet.
I now will shed this layer of filth, made of murder and lies and surrender my worldly goods to the survival and growth of all you created until it is all dispenced. Upon then, I will live my life with nothing and expecting nothing. That I be granted but one drop to savor?
I can be content with a photo.

It is a controlling factor behind who lives now-a-days, and who doesn't.
Fortunately those folks who can see these situations as a likely problem, do research geological stability.
Before Earth sent a lander to any planet or moon we had a pretty good idea of what we were landing on.
Advanced ground penetrating sonar with the power of quantum processing should be able to give us vivid feed on where the safest location is to establish mega-cities.
These are on the wish list for pre-launched probes that traveled via "Leap".....
Without the Electromagnetic rail gun probe launch.

Once sufficient data arrivived....

We would know exactly what to expect in regaurds to traveling there. Whats there, and when.
We'll have answers about the composure of all those things. Plus you can only imagine the computer simulated graphics of the High Def animation that the data would create with autonomy.

An idea? Something along the lines of:

~Harry~
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:19:55 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #332 on: December 28, 2009, 09:54:35 pm »

Smiley 
QUOTE FROM HereForNow:

Currency contributes to the way power hungery barbarians insure property, and rebuild property. This is why we are so.......
Population goes down, granting greater control of asset aquired. And we continue by law to pay it.

Couldn’t agree with you more on that point, Harry.  “Money IS the root of all evil”.  The prophets didn’t say that “the love of money is the root of all evil” or that “greed is the root of all evil”.   They said what they meant.  The money itself is the root of all evil… it’s the very system of exchange and the laws governing it that causes all the worlds problems. 

I just got Star Trek IV, (The Voyage Home) on Blu-ray for Christmas.  Kirk & the gang are stranded in San Franciso in the past in a wreaked ship and need to repair it.  Kirk says to bones, “They’re still using money” as he realizes they need some way to purchase the repair parts. 

Roddenberry was a visionary.  Food Replicators and Transporters combine to make the technology that level the whole playing field of exchange.  A million dollar Stradivarius violin becomes worthless if you can duplicate it a thousand times with that technology.  Money and the values of material goods change, making all that is needed available to everyone.  In Star Treks future society status and position replace just becoming “rich”.  The best you can achieve is to become a Star Ship Captain, not a Bill Gates.

P.S. Love the…. Okay what is that thing?  I want to call it a Robo Raptor, LOL.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #333 on: December 29, 2009, 08:44:16 am »

Well mike it's more of a robotic Tiger/monkey. Mission to Mars was a movie that showed the creature on the right. The creature on the left is CG of a plan to build a real one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf8Q1gEUBgo&feature=player_embedded

Ofcourse movies made this a violent creature....  Grin

This is the type of recon machine that I see being a real multi-tasker.
Something like this being prelaunched to gather intel on another world is more productive then sending something with wheels that moves 15 mph. I also see other potentials for this design that far exceed what we seen of it in the movies.

The fore-ground of this project is in Boston:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1czBcnX1Ww&feature=player_embedded

Definitely not an AMEE but it walks on ice better then we do and it is a start.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:33:39 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #334 on: December 29, 2009, 08:23:29 pm »

Smiley  Okay, I saw “Mission To Mars” when it was in theatres years ago, and dragged my sons, who were kind of young for it with me.  The posters looked good but the movie was kind of a let down entertainment wise, LOL.  I remember the girl’s helmet cracking and her getting killed, and the rock falling on the other guy.  More people died in the orbiting spacecraft when it blew up.  It was like a disaster movie set in space, LOL.  But then they find out that the Martians kind of created humans,  (there was that bad DNA model thing), and it ended with Gary Sinise going off in a Martian Spaceship to meet the Martians in a kind of 2001 a Space Odyssey ending. 

But for the life of me I don’t recall that droid, LOL.  What part was that in?Huh LOL
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #335 on: December 30, 2009, 12:21:22 pm »

I may have the name of the movie wrong... LOL
(just call me grace)
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2009, 05:53:56 pm »

When thinking about the future of architecture, it's easy to be excited.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:07:31 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2010, 01:14:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2010, 01:18:40 am »

And here is an example of what I'm looking for brain power wise...

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:49:05 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #339 on: January 11, 2010, 10:07:55 am »

In asking God to allow us to see the world

through His eyes, we are asking that He heal our

perception of the world. It is then we begin to see

clearly with our Hearts and look out upon a world

released, liberated from our own suffering and delusion.

It is our pain, caused by our resistance to Forgive

ourselves as well as our fellow Immortals, which prevents

us from accessing our own Divinity.

Thus we hold the world hostage to our collective

nightmares and fear. Fellow Creatures will continue

to suffer, our ability to function as a global community

will continue to allude us, and our commitment to a world

of harmonious co-habitation and unity will not be realized.

We are all the assigned caretakers of Eden. We have

been given everything needed to nourish and cultivate this

Garden, to make Her a lush Paradise worthy to support

and sustain Gods children and their Divine potential

for Eternity. Will this potential be brought to fruition, or

shall it remain an unsuccessful attempt to express the

will of the Creator as we continue to feed the

insatiable cravings of the ego?
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #340 on: January 14, 2010, 12:15:16 am »

Smiley  Wow, I didn’t realize you were so profound Harry. 

QUOTE FROM HEREFORNOW:

Fellow Creatures will continue

to suffer, our ability to function as a global community

will continue to allude us, and our commitment to a world

of harmonious co-habitation and unity will not be realized

But if we look far into the past I believe we have functioned as a global community, and apparently God was not too pleased with us.  Remember this story?

The Tower of Babel story
From Genesis 11:1-9

And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Maybe God doesn’t want us to get along, LOL.  I have this notion that God is like a movie producer, and this is all just one super feature length film.  Call me a chauvinist,  but if God is a guy, then he really isn’t into peace love and harmony.  Sure that’s what we want, ‘cause this is a reality show for us, but for him, that’s a chick flick.  If he’s a guy he wants to make a blow ‘em up action movie.  We’re the actors so of course we don’t want to risk our lives doing our own stunts.  But God can blow us up and put us back together with just a thought.  Point is how we think of the world, and how He thinks about it is way different.  If we skip ahead to the Apocalypse climax in the advanced script to this flick that John got a copy of, it’s definitely an action flick.  Kinda makes you want to get some nachos, and hang out with the Big Guy and watch it all on the big screen when you look at it that way.

Sorry for the levity.  It’s a bad habit of mine.  Did you write that?  It’s quite poetic.  I really like it.
 Grin
Mike

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2010, 04:58:44 am »

It would only take one individual to change the world if his/her idea works for all.....
However, it has been the responsibility of everyone on Earth to seek this change.
It's only the human race on this planet 

Yet, what we have is the well defined attributes of accepting this nothingness or apathy in every individual. Because no one beleives in themselves. A difference is to wonder about something different.
Excite your minds with unique and free. Create your world and seek making something better for all who live there in it. Then discover what you can do different here in the world we share now.
The Exodus project...

Is and has been a dream of mine since the time Q and myself talked about exploring space in a different blog. Private enterprise to Mars, is how I veiw the furture of mankind being able to traverse across the stars. I would love to have experts in each displine of Science see this someday to explore it's possibilties. Prove them! However, it's only here for now for you all to ponder. I have enjoyed leaving this thread for that reason mostly. ; )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 06:53:59 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2010, 07:18:09 am »

Smiley  I’ll second that.  Wow, imagine naming a new city on a new planet!   Who wouldn’t want to at least visit a planet named Eden!!  What a dream come true that would be.  All we need is a star ship and I can see the ads now:  “Cruise the galaxy and visit planet Eden… stay in the luxurious Hotel Poseidon in Atlantis its capital city.”   
Wink
Mike

Mike, I love you... LOL (deeply manly voice) Hows-a-bout a hug big boy?

Roll Eyes

But yes it is on my mind more often. I once wrote in a different blog that evolution is driven by disaster.
In this, all of this dream is more or less inspired by making a difference. Self-fullfiling prophecy? I wish!!!!!!!
However, its all here. LOL Now it's up to who ever, where ever, to be enlightened by some aspect of the idea as a whole. The goal is making the Exodus interplanetary space station. And then finding where we are going with it.

This is the only thing that makes it a dream. All the Science-realities of this is here I beleive.
Either way..... I'm thankful that I was able to take it from the desires of imagination/inspirations and/or my fantasies and publish them somewhere that an open-minded number of people visit on the world-wide web for all the same reasons given here as well. Thank you everyone who participated in this thread for all the ideas and thoughts that you have expressed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:38:38 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #343 on: August 21, 2010, 06:52:42 pm »

Smiley  Finding our way to a new planet to start a new world is certainly Biblical in proportion.  Perhaps the Garden of Eden that Adam and Eve were exiled from lies somewhere else in the universe and this is where they were exiled. 

As for not repeating past mistakes, I’m afraid we may be “slow learners” as species go.  They rebuilt San Francisco on the same fault line that leveled it, knowing full well another one just as devastating was bound to happen someday.  New Orleans is still a city in a hurricane prone area that lies lower than the sea level, and after it’s devastated we just rebuild it.   Just a couple of examples that come to mind.

Wink
Mike

Hmmmmm. I would say that insurance companies are the ones making these choices.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #344 on: August 22, 2010, 08:51:02 am »

: )

Many of the points that Carl Sagan points out is exactly why ideas like this is important to consider.
Will Mankind continue to destroy itself over control and greed? Or maybe, just maybe we will become a great civilisation that can solve its problems and will inhabit more then one planet.

Either way, it is my hope for us all to consider the impossible as a challenge. To acheive the impossible, and overcome all odds to finally free ourselves from ourselves without death, and destruction.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:04:17 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: