Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:03:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23675 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #315 on: December 23, 2009, 12:59:50 am »

Smiley 
QUOTE FROM HEREFORNOW:

Traveling outside of the solar system in search of Earth-like planets id the primary mission of this space station, or cosmic Arc if you would like. The Exodus Project if ever done on this scale, would be able to sustain and nurish the generations of human kind that bravely accepted this life style.

This exact theme was a TV show back in the 80ies.  The ship was comprised of “biospheres” and had various independent societies representative of earth, (which in many cases didn’t even know about the other ones).  For example one biosphere was an Amish community, which didn’t even know it was on a space ship.  The theme of the show was that the navigators of the ship had been killed and the ship was adrift in space.  One group was trying to get all the biospheres to work together to get the ship back on course.

So there it is again.  The “fiction” comes first, and then if it’s vision is “true” then the next generation of scientists see it as a possibility and begin to make plans on how to built it.  But it never happens until someone brings forth the possibility.  You get all the technical plans together here, and I'll try and turn it into a screenplay, LOL.  Instead of a "Death Star" maybe we could call it a "Life Star", LOL.  In my humble opinion there is no other option.  If it takes a planet of six billion to get mankind to the moon, then maybe we're "underpopulated".  If we don't get mankind off of this rock soon, we just may be the next species to go extinct.  Keep on posting HereForNow.  A "Space Arc" is exactly what we need!
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #316 on: December 23, 2009, 01:25:18 pm »

Thank you so much Mike.

The point of this entire thread is exactly that.
To inspire the imagination of others to look at the possibilities and potential of the human race right now.
The first city on a new world we named Eden will be called Atlantis.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:30:19 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #317 on: December 23, 2009, 03:30:40 pm »

Good idea!!  Eden and Atlantis.  I like it.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
mdsungate

« Reply #318 on: December 23, 2009, 10:41:35 pm »

Smiley  I’ll second that.  Wow, imagine naming a new city on a new planet!   Who wouldn’t want to at least visit a planet named Eden!!  What a dream come true that would be.  All we need is a star ship and I can see the ads now:  “Cruise the galaxy and visit planet Eden… stay in the luxurious Hotel Poseidon in Atlantis its capital city.”   
Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #319 on: December 24, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »

http://www.popsci.com/futurecity/plan.html

Ideas of what we know we can do once we get to a new world are all over the net.
Ideally we know that the use of our current abilities involving energy production is limited to economical situations that we will not have to experience. We would not repeat the mistakes their that we contribute to here.
By looking at both photos, I can imaging incorperating both designs into one.

(wish list for Atlantis idea)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 02:09:13 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Sebastian Volkmer

« Reply #320 on: December 24, 2009, 10:39:05 pm »

That is a really cool project, Herefornow, I hadn't even heard of this high tech pyramid, and I try and keep up to date on all the latest science.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #321 on: December 24, 2009, 10:41:53 pm »

Imagine flying in to cities with millions of people not born of the Earth greeting you in English and welcoming you to the planet. All from past colonies who were born of Earth.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #322 on: December 24, 2009, 10:44:39 pm »

That is a really cool project, Herefornow, I hadn't even heard of this high tech pyramid, and I try and keep up to date on all the latest science.

The cosmic Arc called the Exodus, (giant flying buckyball in space)
would be the greatest thing ever done in all of this.
Report Spam   Logged

Mercury

« Reply #323 on: December 25, 2009, 06:14:13 am »

Not certain that Mars would be the best prospect for colonization.  It would take some terraforming and everything I have heard about it would mean that it would take centuries.

Titan and Europa might be more inhabitable.  Course, we haven't been to either so we just don't know.

In any event, at least we are into rockets again and are going to kick the space shuttles back.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #324 on: December 25, 2009, 10:45:42 am »

Not certain that Mars would be the best prospect for colonization.  It would take some terraforming and everything I have heard about it would mean that it would take centuries.

Titan and Europa might be more inhabitable.  Course, we haven't been to either so we just don't know.

In any event, at least we are into rockets again and are going to kick the space shuttles back.

The general Idea of the whole Mars subject is more to show how an idea like this overcomes the obstacles that are holding us up right now. One of the huge advantages to this whole thing is being able to go to and from the surface using a state of the art lander that is controlled from the Exodus. Science teams as large as 50-60 men and women can conduct study of the Martian surface. The lander drops off the next team and the first teams returns.
Cycling between 2, 3, 10 landers at a time would get more science done.

Secondly, we are dealing in quantum computing. We might be able to travel well beyond this solar system. To places light years away, Travel at the quantum level is not outside the realm of possibilities here. Mars is not as interesting as an Earth-like world in a different solar system. The exodus will be able to answer questions about space that we haven't even asked yet. It is self aware and almost alive. It's enviroment is space.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:59:36 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #325 on: December 27, 2009, 01:11:28 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM MERCURY:

Greeting fellow Merurian, LOL.  Welcome to the forums.  I've read several books on this subject.  One theory has it that the whole reason the red planet is red is that it once had an oxygen rich atomsphere and now everything has been oxydized red.  I am of the personal belief that in the far distant past, (500,000 years ago or more), someone intelligently terraformed Mars, but it later fell victim to a geological catastrophe.  But that's just conjecture.  However the only thing keeping Mars from becoming inhabitable is a denser atmosphere which would raise the temperature of the planet allowing for liquid water to once again flow on the surface.  Of all the plans I've read about there is one which would not take centuries to achieve.  All that needs to be done is to divert one of those gigantic chunks of ice floating around the solar system, (no not a comet).  Not all of the objects in the asteroid belt are rocks.  I beleive I've read that some of the asteriods are primarily ice, although not the same composition as the ice in comets.  A properly planted detonation on said chunk of floating space ice could send it on a collision course with the red planet, a trip that coming from the asteriod belt which as per Boyles Law should be the next planet out from Mars.  The impact should instantly vaporiize the ice chunk into vaporus water, instantly giving Mars a considerably denser atmosphere.

I'm not saying I'd like to be anywhere near Mars if and when that impact were to occur, LOL  Nor am I saying I'm in favor of instituting a geological disater to an innocent planet.  Though I'm not sure just how long it would take for things to calm down after the impact so that people could land there.  But the change in temperature and conditions for lliquid water to flow on the surface shoulc be fairly quick.  I don't think we're talking centuries.
 Wink
Mike

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #326 on: December 27, 2009, 01:30:42 pm »

Law on a new world:

No fighting- Reasoning must govern our acts.
No killing- War, and causing harm to others with such terror and violence is stictly prohibited.
No Cospiracy- Planning to commit crimes is prohibited. (Lying, cheating, and consenting to commit crime)
No stealing- There is no reason to steal another persons personal property and will not be tolerated.
No raping- If anyone is proven and found guilty of this crime, Exile to imprisonment for life is your fate.
   We will not pollute or corrupt- self explained and defined. (Corrupting anything and shall not use fossil fuels or create anything that will hurt the planet.)

Use only what is needed from the land, and leave it as you found it.
Everyone will be fairly given the chance to present proof of guilt and innocents without bias.

Anyone caught doing any of these things and found guilty of such crime will face exile back to Earth...
Or Exile to isolation centers.

Simple-

These laws will be visible on a stone plaque in the center of any city made in this new world.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:20:36 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #327 on: December 27, 2009, 02:06:07 pm »

Smiley  Good laws, HereForNow.  Too bad our success rate on this planet is batting 0%, LOL.  My father, God rest his soul had the most amusing theory I’ve encountered about UFO’s.  He believed that Earth was a penal colony for the humanoid criminals of the universe… a kind of Galactic Australia if you will.   His evidence for his theory was, “just look around, and how else can you explain what’s going on in this world”.   And for further justification it answers the question of why UFO’s haven’t contacted us… hello… we’re the ones in exile, LOL. 
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #328 on: December 27, 2009, 05:03:18 pm »

Well then it sounds to me like all of this happened in some distant history and we will be joining them once this is done.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #329 on: December 27, 2009, 05:32:07 pm »

Illuminati= Secret society, of People claiming to be unusually enlightened with regard to a subject.
(Mission-World control)
Exodus+Noah's Arc..  (both biblical stories)

God's answer to both The Exodus, and Noah's Arc.
To be examined.

Becoming and leading up to Revelations.

12 tribes

In mention:
Jacob fathered 12 sons. They are the ancestors of the tribes of Israel, and the ones for whom the tribes are named. Each occupied a separate territory (except the tribe of Levi, which was set apart to serve in the Holy Temple).

Asher
Benjamin
Dan
Gad
Issachar
Joseph*
Judah
Levi
Naphtali
Reuben
Simeon
Zebulun

12,000 each tribe. 144,000 total
Inherit the heavens and the Earth.

Both written of moses in regaurd to Exodus, The Arc.
The 10 Commandments To be considered as to how his people were supposed to abide by these laws.
 The followers-Drunk in the wine of fornication.

We must stop repeating the same mistakes and do these things regaurdless of persecution, from religion and goverment. In kind, Moses told us how our ancestors did this. Removing the Religious aspect for a moment.
The message is clear to steer away from what government, and fear of kind is going to do.
Follow your heart. Make into space, and inherit a "New Heaven and New Earth".......

The Capital city of Atlantis over looks the Garden of Moses.....
(Plants and animals from Earth-Earth Reserve)

Smiley

Once There, I would write about what we did.
The bible contains BC and AD.
This is neither era so we could name it AE.....
(After_Earth)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:51:08 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: