Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:51:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23513 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2012, 08:10:11 pm »

Smiley To begin this challenge, we must consider a way to entice the world to want working in space.
One idea that comes to mind for me, is mining asteroids.
Allow me a moment to show you why I consider this.

Asteroids are classed in three types: More than 75% of them are C-type which are very much like the Sun, but less volatile. Then there are the S-type which contain iron, nickel, and magnesium for sure, but may also contain gold and platinum. Lastly, there are the M-type which contain iron and nickel. Astronomers know all of this by using telescopic spectroscopy, which analyzes light reflected from the asteroid’s surface, to find out what might be there. They also know that there is water and trapped oxygen on or in some of these asteroids. Asteroid mining would only be possible if miners could take advantage of the oxygen and water there. There is no other way to make a profit or carry all of the supplies that you would need for a long term project.

John S. Lewis, author of an asteroid mining book has said “…an asteroid with a diameter of one kilometer would have a mass of about two billion tons. One of these asteroids, according to Lewis, would contain 30 million tons of nickel, 1.5 million tons of metal cobalt and 7,500 tons of platinum. The platinum alone would have a value of more than $150 billion!”. The huge sums of money involved could one day induce mining companies to look towards the heavens. It may not happen until we have exhausted most of the Earth’s natural resources, but it will happen.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #391 on: February 18, 2012, 02:19:59 pm »

The project begins with creating an electromagnet rail gun launch system that will place spectrometers, inferred imaging cameras and GPS recorders on and around the target asteroids......
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2012, 03:43:56 pm »

Next, orbiters will deploy equipment that can turn the mined materials to rubble without explosion or heavy impact. Objective is to gain control of the objects positioning and orbit while mining robots remove material and return them to a ever revolving systems or orbiters that collect and return to Earth.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2012, 03:50:22 pm »

The Exodus mission begins.....

Robotic machines controlled by a quantum computer will carry out making and installing all materials needed to complete the Exodus interplanetary space station.  More sophisticated equipment will be made here on Earth and inserted into space as landers that are returning mined materials are being reloaded and processed.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2012, 05:33:29 pm »

The Exodus Mission

Ok You take this and combined it with this:

These deploy for recon and spectrograph.

And you have a space station that is interplanetary, that launches orbiters, Orbiters to location, and landers touching down.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:29:27 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:59 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W4e7ZE0Nv0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZwzNTc8SfU&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzFTXYJ2J1I&feature=player_embedded

http://sciencestage.com/v/7248/a-quantum-computer-can-determine-who-wins-a-game-faster-than-a-classical-comp-.html

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2012, 09:40:44 pm »

Cheesy Now is anyone asking why I am sharing how a quantum computer works?

Well, a quantum computer is what it may take to execute operations, assembly, and logistic control of materials.
Finding ways to control matter at the level of single atoms and electrons fascinates many scientists and engineers because the ability to manipulate single charges and single magnetic moments (spins) may help researchers penetrate deep into the mysteries of quantum mechanics and modern solid-state physics. It may also allow development of new, highly sensitive magnetometers with nanometer resolution, single-spin transistors for coherent spintronics, and solid-state devices for quantum information processing.

By applying a specially designed sequence of high-precision electromagnetic pulses, the scientists were able to protect the arbitrary quantum state of a single spin, and they made the spin evolve as if it was completely decoupled from the outside world. In this way, scientists achieved a 25-fold increase in the lifetime of the quantum spin state at room temperature. This is the first demonstration of a universal dynamical decoupling realized on a single solid state quantum spin.

Here is a link I found that explains how "IT"S BEEN DONE".....
http://spin.phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/conference/QuantumDynamics2008/
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:47:12 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2012, 09:57:15 pm »

Smiley       
Warp Drive

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:59:13 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #398 on: February 24, 2012, 10:05:45 pm »

http://www.warpdrivetheory.org/photonwd/photonwarpdrive.html
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:20 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wswhFnYQdRs&feature=player_embedded

Cheesy

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:09:46 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2012, 01:07:02 pm »

Going back to the subject of mining asteroids. Regarding the materials themselves, Amun's total tonnage breaks down into many different metals. The most abundant of these are iron and nickel, which alone would have a market value of about $8 trillion. (Keep in mind that a trillion is a million times a million.) Supplies of another metal, cobalt, on Amun would be worth perhaps $6 trillion. Then there are rarer metals such as platinum, iridium, osmium, and palladium, which together would add another $6 trillion to the investors' profits. The nonmetals, including carbon, nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, oxygen, hydrogen, and gallium, would be worth at least $2 trillion. If humans mined all of Amun, therefore (which would take many years), the gross profits would come to at least $22 trillion. It is difficult to estimate the upfront costs of such a mining operation. But even if they were as high as $1 trillion, the net profits would still be $21 trillion. Clearly, asteroid mining will be an extremely profitable

Read more: http://www.scienceclarified.com/scitech/Comets-and-Asteroids/How-Humans-Will-Mine-Asteroids-and-Comets.html#ixzz1nW1s7Euh

Image mining and coming across things like these to study.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:02:51 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #401 on: February 26, 2012, 01:11:41 pm »

As planetary scientist John S. Lewis says in this excerpt from his fascinating book Mining the Sky , the asteroid belt contains enough iron to construct an enormous space city.

We have enough asteroidal iron [in the asteroid belt] to make a metal sphere . . . 550 miles in diameter. Hollowed out into rooms with iron walls, like a gigantic city, it would make a spherical space structure over . . . 1,200 miles in diameter. . . . With a nine-foot ceiling, we could provide each family with a floor area of 3,000 square feet for private residential use and still set aside 3,000 square feet of public space per family. This artificial world would contain enough room to accommodate more than ten quadrillion [a million times a billion] people. Very simply, that is a million times the ultimate population capacity of Earth.

It is fair to ask why the inhabitants of such colonies, as well as people still living on Earth, would choose to get metals, minerals, and other resources from asteroids and comets rather than from larger cosmic bodies. Why not mine the Moon first, for example, or perhaps the planet Mars? After all, the Moon and Mars are both far larger than all of the asteroids put together, and both are closer to Earth than most of the asteroids and comets (the NEAs being an obvious exception).

First, whether they live on Earth or in space cities, people will naturally want to obtain cosmic resources as easily and cheaply as possible. The fact is that mining the asteroids will be far easier and more economical than mining a large body like the Moon. The Moon's surface gravity is about one-sixth that of Earth, which is strong enough to require a good deal of fuel to land miners and their equipment on its surface. More importantly, getting the processed metals and minerals off the Moon's surface would take even larger amounts of fuel. An added problem is that most of the valuable metals and minerals on the Moon are spread out over thousands of square miles and bound up inside mixtures of rock and dirt, many lying deep underground; it would require a lot of exploration, as well as strenuous and expensive digging and processing, to free them. So robotic mining is the key to all the possibilities that can be created.

The genius and imagination of quantum computing and man/woman, appears to be the only way to accomplish such a goal and we already have those resources to begin this task.
The logical, and responsible thing at this is point is to choose between what is given. And what we can give....
To date mankind has demonstrated it's ability to destroy very efficiently, and wastefully. Packaging for food and beverage alone with eventually poison the ground and water over hundreds and thousands of years. Famine and natural disasters, disease, war, and tyranny are the things we support in doing nothing. The Exodus is an idea that I am offering to give us a reason to go on. Humanity to this point is wasting itself away to nothing so that a few individuals can reap all that they have sown. Outshine the weak as they see it. However the truth is a matter of your own perception and to be freer from the humanity that we are. I must remind myself that things aren't important. What matters is surviving and becoming more as a species/beings and less destructive to ourselves. Knowledge is the path, to learning ways to live longer and healthier. 800 to 900 years maybe? Ok. I'll want it. Learning that a pattern may exist in the dynamics of how earth-like worlds are produced in chains very can very from the way the gravities and other forces behave within a galaxy. Could this actually hold some weight? ok. I would like to know.
My point is, at the moment like so many others. I imagine this in all my being. I will awaken to my 7 to 3:30 job. Come home and go threw the bills. Take something for a headache, with a nice cup of tea.

However, at this moment. I have already taken a step in the right direction I believe. I offered a vision of something more.
A thing of imagination? Yes.
Could we actually do it?  : ) 
That's for you to decide.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:49:09 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #402 on: February 26, 2012, 02:05:48 pm »

Lips sealed
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:14:54 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #403 on: February 26, 2012, 02:25:43 pm »

[

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:28:57 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged