Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 01:41:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23204 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2007, 04:41:17 pm »

I feel so much better......
 Smiley

Now all I need is a shot of something harsh and a prozack.

(kidding)
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2007, 07:58:09 pm »

12 things to consider about Interstellar Space Travel

1 - Physical Deterioration - Do not underrate it
2 - Wear and Breakdown - Always to be considered
3 - Radiation Hazards - It could be dangerously present
4 - Meteoroids - Eventually they would strike
5 - Repairs Unlikely - Yet breakdowns would surely occur
6 - Motion Sickness - It would have to be contended with
7 - Air Pollution - It is inevitable
8 - Energy Sources - They are inadequate
9 - Interpersonal Conflicts - Explosions would occur
10 - Distances Too Vast - They would doom the project
11 - Radio Contact - Do not forget this factor
12 - Objectives Unlikely - Might as well forget the whole idea

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2007, 08:10:19 pm »

This is what movie magic uses to inspire the ideas that govern massive space stations.
We see them on the big screen imagining them as if we were about to be docking with it, and the same feelings fill us with the sence of awe.

Limitless possibilities come to mind when thinking design.
For the sake of a personal exploration into our mind's eye veiw, imagine what you would like to see when awakening from a heavenly sleep abourd a massive space station. What Ideas come to mind?
 Images are helpful.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2007, 09:46:40 am »

Smiley  When I look at designs like the above space station, they look awfully vulnerable to me.  Of course you’d love to have big windows to look out into the vast beauty of outer space.  But there’s a bid difference between glass to keep the dust and rain out of a house and the life and death situation of a broken window in a space station, LOL!

Until force shields are do-able, and not just theory, I think either heavy armor, or the mobility to dodge an asteroid shower is needed first.  And that kind of limits the design possibilities.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2007, 06:38:35 pm »

Irises MD, Irises that open and close like on Stargate SG1!
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2007, 08:15:30 pm »

Smiley  When I look at designs like the above space station, they look awfully vulnerable to me.  Of course you’d love to have big windows to look out into the vast beauty of outer space.  But there’s a bid difference between glass to keep the dust and rain out of a house and the life and death situation of a broken window in a space station, LOL!

Until force shields are do-able, and not just theory, I think either heavy armor, or the mobility to dodge an asteroid shower is needed first.  And that kind of limits the design possibilities.   Roll Eyes

This is part of why I see this "bucky ball", design being the strongest most natural design of them all. Astroid strikes under no circumstance is a safe situation no matter how strong we build it. Quantum Computing, might make good on the promice of evasive manuvering capability, and better early detection. I think a means of defence against threats like astroids, or shadow goverment space crafts Grin could also be designed to preserve the crew and it's resources.

Let's face it, if this thing was ever built. I'm sure it would be for more then just Mars exploration.
I think it would become a complement of human acheivment and a symbol of what passionate ideas can accomplish. Instead of us repeating what we've done wrong all these years.

We can finally be free to explore the heavens and our own humanity, without restiction or permission.
Discuss goals that teams can and want to accomplish, and turn them loose. With whatever they feel it's going to take to do it, they use quantum computing to cross-referrence information about their pursuit.
Producing the figures it will take to get started, all the raw materials they need will be at their disposal for free.

Money will no longer have a purpose.....

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:24:48 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

DDDnD3D

« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2007, 01:22:06 am »

***THE SPHERE*** is the Ultimate Design of the  Universe. [you little star trek idiots? and all your spaceshi appendages of inferior design] go take a f****n hike!
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2007, 03:23:07 pm »

***THE SPHERE*** is the Ultimate Design of the  Universe. [you little star trek idiots? and all your spaceshi appendages of inferior design] go take a f****n hike!

Shocked I want some of what you aren't sharin' man. (kiddin)
Naturally, a sphere is a more universal design, yet unique to all we know in regaurds to space station construction.

Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2007, 03:09:50 pm »

Smiley  Well Newton's favorite shape was the "orb", (at least according to the Divinci code, LOL).  And I know that Tesla's favorite shape was the sphere.  So you've got some heavy weights on your side of that opinion, DDnD.  But what's with the 'tude, man, LOL. 

I guess Irises would work Qoais.  (Say what threads have you been hiding out in lately?, LOL).  Wink

Actually I think our space station would be a whole lot safer place to live than on good old terra firma, (which isn't always so "firma" if you know what I mean, LOL).  If an asteriod misses your house by 3.000 miles in outer space, you're fine.  But if it misses your house by 3,000 miles on the surface of the earth, you could be toast!

I think until they invent some kind of asteriod and comet deflector for the earth, we'd all be safer either 2 miles below the earth or 200 miles above it, LOL.    Cool
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2007, 04:08:32 pm »

Which now brings us to why the size of this space station bound for Mars and/or beyond is important.
It literally has to be huge for several reasons. Now before we get into this, I just want to show you all something that I got a kick out of.

On July 3, 2004, soon after orbital insertion around Saturn, the unmanned spacecraft Cassini sent this disturbing image back to Earth.

Photo courtesy
NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute
A new Death Star?

While many believed this to be proof of the existence of a new Death Star in our very own solar system, it turns out that's no space station. This is a picture of Mimas. Mimas is one of the 31 moons of Saturn. It's 247 miles across (398 kilometers) and sports a huge crater named Herschel that is 80 miles wide (130 kilometers). This picture was taken by the Cassini spacecraft from about a million miles (1.7 million kilometers) away!
Ready?

Yes!

Looks almost exactly like the Death Star huh?
Photo courtesy
NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:23:00 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2007, 04:18:45 pm »

Simply put, the Death Star is the most ambitious space station project in Galactic history. It takes more than a million military personnel to run this station, which is the size of a small moon.

But the Death Star is no moon. Despite its size, the Death Star can still travel at superluminal velocities just like spacecraft with only a fraction of its mass. But the real power and purpose of the Death Star lies in its Superlaser. The Death Star's Superlaser is capable of firing a beam of directed energy powerful enough to completely destroy a planet of any size! Needless to say, nothing quells chaos and disorder faster than the threat of total planetary annihilation.

The Death Star represents the absolute pinnacle of military engineering and technology.
The Death Star's real-space propulsion system is made up of a network of ion engines that use converters to transform reactor power into thrust. The engine thrusters are primarily lined along the equator of the station.

Hyperspace travel is made possible with linked banks of hyperdrive field generators. Each bank contains 123 hyperdrive field generators. They are all tied together into one navigational matrix that is controlled from the overbridge.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:21:38 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2007, 04:19:41 pm »

Now what can we do different then the creators of the Death Star?  Grin

For one; Let's replace the super weapon with a communication trans./rec. dish?
Let's try a think tank on this one.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:40:21 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2007, 05:00:48 pm »

Smiley  Darth Vader:  "Don't be too proud of this technological invention.  There is still nothing more powerful in the universe than the force!"

LOL,  Cool   Roll Eyes

Okay supposedly this is why Tesla didn't finish his wireless power transmission facility that would come to be known as Wardenclyffe.  What can be used for good, can be used for evil, in the wrong hands, LOL.

We have to first invent a "good guys" test before anyone boards our space station, LOL.   Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2007, 08:18:54 pm »

Smiley  Darth Vader:  "Don't be too proud of this technological invention.  There is still nothing more powerful in the universe than the force!"

LOL,  Cool   Roll Eyes

Okay supposedly this is why Tesla didn't finish his wireless power transmission facility that would come to be known as Wardenclyffe.  What can be used for good, can be used for evil, in the wrong hands, LOL.

We have to first invent a "good guys" test before anyone boards our space station, LOL.   Roll Eyes

Even if you were joking on this, I agree with that seriously.
We would definitely have to screen each member of the crew with unbias, nondisciminate, tests.
Any thought on this?

Smiley

Remember the poor families that have no other options and want to be a part of history.
Who are no less human and could prove to be a huge success. They tend to be more passionate and pocess a drive to excell when encouraged properly. Most have an excellent work ethic and creative work abilities.

Then we have to think beyond and seek technical experience and knowledge. Basically engineers, programmers and machinist. Then geologists and Phd's in a multitute of displines. Aviation designers and Drafters. Builders and finally spiritualist. This would cover technical feilds.
"Us"..
We could also seek those who offer care and compassion. Those who make others watch as they perform an artistic expression of anykind. Constructed parks, and new found talents could be shared to spur on the imaginative thinking the creates culture.
Laws- This is something that really challenges the imagination. I say this because goverment started this way and we agreed that this is totally not in the play book. Yet we need some type of disiplined structure in place to prevent others from being victomized in a any way, shape, or form. Without commiting crimes ourselves, or being hypocrits. Definitely a tough one, and a limited amount of ideas.
Another first in many that we can attribute to the launch.
Money has no worth or meaning, because again that deals with politics. I feel we have to steer away from those things that feul stress and burden to open up our souls for grander things. All money does is complicate our life from doing whats simple and ethical. In our space station, we could use an exchange system like barter for material things.

Duty is the barter for the good of everyone on board.
There's alot to cover on this, however I'm game for discussion.
Again, if any of you want to offer any ideas on this. Fire away.
Qoais inspired alot of this idea right from the beginning. I love the idea though and I apologize for obsessing over it.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:02:05 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2007, 02:26:27 pm »

Smiley  No need to apologize.  I was only half joking when I mentioned the “good guy” test.  It would be foolish to build such a marvel and then let it be destroyed or misused by the wrong people. The astronauts were all put through rigorous physiological testing.  (Although you can always get into crazy situation like the love triangle with that woman astronaut in Florida, LOL). 

But the social structure of the space station is sidetracking us into politics.  Unless we populate it with androids like “Data” we’re bound to have all the “human” problems we face here on earth.  Let’s first concentrate on the construction of the space station itself.  Maybe it’s beautiful enough no one will have the “heart” to mess it up, (even the bankers and lawyers, LOL).

By the way, what is powering this bad boy?  Have we talked about that?  Fusion is still down the road.  Are we talking dilithym crystals, aka Star Trek?  Or have we unearthed an Atlantean Fire Stone, LOL.  I hear those babies packed a wallop, LOL.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: