Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 09:37:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23153 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2007, 06:11:20 pm »

TSM might find this bit of information useful. Principles of Field Effect Propulsion:

Field Effect propulsion systems create unidirectional forces without a readily evident reaction force or the need of a material reaction medium.   In reality reactionless forces do not really exist, although the usual necessity for the material reaction medium is circumvented, giving the impression of a reactionless force.  The equal and opposite reaction of Newton, is instead provided by an asymmetric coherence of the random Zero-Point energy acting upon some material component of the propulsion system or through direct modification of the local vacuum flux so as to create a gravity or inertial field streamlining effect. 

This is possible in the realization that all forces, including gravity and inertia, fundamentally arise from a coherent flow of energy from the vacuum.  Without such a flow of energy, even so called "static" forces such as atomic bonds cannot exist.  Consequently mass proves to be neither an intrinsic nor immutable property of matter. 

In fact, it can be said that  matter has no gravitational or inertial mass at all, unless it is experiencing acceleration with respect to the quantum vacuum flux according to Newton's equation, m=F/a. Gravitational force  is consequently recognized as a radially coherent flow of ZPE around all material objects which attenuates with a 1/r2 relation.  All of this of course flies in the face of conventional dogma, including the Engineering work function (W=Fd) which was misappropriated into the body of scientific knowledge as a fundamental truth. 

In reality the work function is just a simple "closed system" engineering tool that conveniently ignores the energetic nature of space and its steady state interaction with all matter.  Field Effect propulsion can be accomplished in a myriad of ways from simple mechanical devices incorporating novel angular momentum components incorporating complex non-linear motion, to more sophisticated electrostatic and electromagnetic devices which create momentary cyclic asymmetries or streamlining of the local inertial or gravitational flux of the vacuum.     

Here you will eventually find a growing list of information and links to other sites dealing with the subject of Field Effect propulsion.  Many such devices already exist in various states of development.  In the absence of active links just use the terms provided to conduct your own search.

¨     Asymmetric High Voltage Capacitors (Townsend Brown)
¨     Cascade Generator / Electric Rocket
¨    Capacitor Array Gravity Warp Drive
¨     Thornson EZKL Drive
¨     Inertialess Drive Rotor
¨     Reactionless Gimbal Drive (Hughes Aircraft Co.)
¨     Gyroscopic Inertial Thruster (GIT)

A range of consulting services can be made available to assist in the development of Reactionless Drives systems.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2007, 06:24:44 pm »

A project, sponsored by NASA's Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Program, to study ways of influencing the energy density of the quantum vacuum with a view to possible applications in spacecraft propulsion. It is being conducted by a team of scientists from various academic and corporate institutions in the United States and Mexico.

An idea for achieving faster-than-light travel suggested by the Mexican theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre in 1994.1 It starts from the notion, implicit in Einstein's general theory of relativity, that matter causes the surface of spacetime around it to curve. Alcubierre was interested in the possibility of whether Star Trek's fictional "warp drive" could ever be realized. This led him to search for a valid mathematical description of the gravitational field that would allow a kind of spacetime warp to serve as a means of superluminal propulsion. Alcubierre concluded that a warp drive would be feasible if matter could be arranged so as to expand the spacetime behind a starship (thus pushing the departure point many light-years back) and contract the spacetime in front (bringing the destination closer), while leaving the starship itself in a locally flat region of spacetime bounded by a "warp bubble" that lay between the two distortions.  Smiley Then again, matter distorted to expand or contract means altering the state of matter. Perhaps "dark matter" which has been suggested as distorted, could be stable in that altered state. The ship would then surf along in its bubble at an arbitrarily high velocity, pushed forward by the expansion of space at its rear and the contraction of space in front. It could travel faster than light without breaking any physical law because, with respect to the spacetime in its warp bubble, it would be at rest. Also, being locally stationary, the starship and its crew would be immune from any devastatingly high accelerations and decelerations (obviating the need for "inertial dampers"), and from relativistic effects such as time dilation (since the passage of time inside the warp bubble would be the same as that outside).

This information descibes an idea I had about time travel back at the old AR forum. The draw back is returning from where you came, unless you reverse the expansion of the universe. The option then is time travel, or reversing time. Thus returning to the point or point before that, to go the other direction.

To sum it all up, you would remain motionless as space and time go on without you. Suddenly you phase back into the physical universe as it is and begin traveling with it again.
 This means being on Mars, at one PM, and returning to Earth by 1:01 PM for a late lunch, and Back to Mars by no later then 1:16 if you managed to make into the outer atmosphere by a quarter after. And that's taking it slow when you think about how fast space is expanding.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:05:57 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2007, 07:15:08 pm »

"They'll still be out there," said cosmologist Lawrence Krauss of Case Western Reserve University. "But space will be expanding faster than the speed of light," and so the light from those galaxies will never reach us again.

This is possible despite the universal speed limit being that of light, Krauss said, because the galactic clusters won't actually be moving; it's the space between them that will be expanding at a rate faster than light can traverse it.

Krauss and Vanderbilt University physicist Robert Scherrer have written a paper on the matter, which will appear in the October 2007 issue of the Journal of Relativity and Gravitation.

The cause of all this is the bizarre but critical component of the universe called dark energy.

Dark energy is the growing tendency of empty space to spontaneously create more empty space — thereby distancing anything in the universe that's not bound together with gravity. No one can fully explain dark energy, but without it the universe we see today makes no sense.

"We know it's allowed (by physics), but we have no idea what it is," said University of Michigan cosmologist Fred Adams, co-author of the book "The Five Ages of the Universe."

Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2007, 02:57:35 pm »

Smiley  TO QUOTE YOU, HEREFORNOW:

Well I would imagine that these worms being miles long as these glass tunnels are, would more then likely be the reason we don't see anything else alive on the surface. LOL   

LOL, Thanks I needed a good laugh, and that gave me one.  Impacts that create heat and cool quickly, caused them you think?  I’ve never seen anything like this in the geology on our planet.   To be sure there are different forces at work on Mars, though.  Miles long you say?  Curious to say the least!  If they’re man made, (or humanoid-made, LOL), then they’re culture has a different approach… (kind of reminds me of “he Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai in the 4th Dimension”.

This is possible despite the universal speed limit being that of light, Krauss said, because the galactic clusters won't actually be moving; it's the space between them that will be expanding at a rate faster than light can traverse it.

I’ve done a lot of thinking on this speed of light limit thing.  You know Tesla thought that Einstein had it all wrong in regards to relativity.  I’m not sure I buy into it either.  Quantum is just the latest model, and others have come and gone.

Time and space… they’re really an illusion.  Everything is moving in such a complex motion, can anyone even get a heading on where we are and where we’ve been?  Think about it.  We are revolving around the earth as it spins at over 1,000 miles an hour.  As we move in that circular motion, the entire earth revolves around the Sun at God knows what speed!  Then the entire solar system revolves around the center of the Milky Way at again an even more staggering speed.  The entire galaxy is also moving, probably around the center of the universe, at an even greater speed!

So exactly where were we in a “fixed” space ten seconds ago?  If we could actually go back to that “fixed” space perhaps we would actually be back in time.  But who can even calculate with any certainty where exactly that place would be. 

I assert that there is no such thing as time.  There is only complex motion.  If you are on a merry-go-round and you want to move forward to the position just in front of you, then it will take an enormous effort, because you will have to exert a force greater than the centrifugal force that you are subject to on that merry-go-round.

But if you simply jump off of it then the position you are trying to get to will come around again to you, and you can just jump back on.  So without overcoming the centrifugal force, you have achieved your goal.

If the goal were to achieve a speed greater than light, then I think you would first have to address overcoming the forces that would tear you apart in the process of achieving that speed.

But that is not actually the goal here, is it?  We don’t seek to be faster than light.  We seek to travel to places that are extremely far away, even at that atrocious speed. And should we achieve twice that speed, they would still be impractically far away. 

We are subject to gravitational forces that keep us a prisoner on this crazy merry-go-round.  If we could just “get off the ride” and break free of those gravitational forces, (at the speed everything else is already moving), perhaps we would be able to travel to those far away places.  Some food for thought.  Wink

P.S.  The new avatar is more colorful.  But I just figured out what the old Tiger and Dragon one was, and I liked the symbolism.  Have you joined the avatar of the month club?, LOL.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2007, 05:20:43 pm »

Well first off, I'd like to thank you for the complement on my avatar. LOL
 Cheesy

Next, it is a popular beleif that the universe is traveling out from where it began at 2,000,000 miles a second which is atleast 10 times as fast as light speed. 186,000 miles per second I think it is? Now to simply stop in a kind of temporal displacement from this physical realm, wait say ten seconds and then re-enter. Think of the distance covered by the moving space around you. Now this idea is not what I have in mind for a practical form of propelling our space station across the heavens.  Roll Eyes
However, It's something fun to ponder for an eventual system, or means of warp drive.

This one is a more colorful version of the old avatar....
 Smiley Copy and paste URL for a better look. The tattoo on my back is simular to this picture but more tribal. I'm kinda "new school", in my child mind. I love body art.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:04:28 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2007, 08:07:06 pm »

This is the effect felt by an individual or object that is moved through time.

Temporal Displacement Wave

Upon making a change to the timeline, a temporal displacement wave would ripple out from the point of change. This wave was shown in the Star Trek: Voyager episode ' Year of Hell, Part One '. When the wave hit Voyager, the alien delegate was erased and the ship was changed to a much more damaged version of itself, as the attacking vessel was far stronger in armaments. The propagation speed of the wave is unknown - it may be limited to light speed (c), or may be much faster, possibly travelling instantaneously.

In the Terminator films, the displacement effect is the sphere that destroys everything out to a radius of about a metre from the object being displaced.

Temporal Radiation

This is the principle that an operating or damaged time machine will leak temporal radiation, as shown on Enterprise. The radiation can cause time to move slower or faster than normal, stop time altogether or cause it to loop.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:08:28 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2007, 08:15:27 pm »

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2000/03/35121

Federal researchers say they've created the most robust quantum computer ever, indicating that the concept is rapidly moving from theory to practice and could create the most powerful computing devices ever dreamed of.
If the trend of increasing performance continues, a quantum computer that triples today's fastest computers could be built in five years, according to physicist Raymond Laflamme, who helped build the world's first 7-qubit computer described in the most recent issue of Nature.

"Right now it's impossible to say if we can scale these technologies," said Laflamme, the project's lead researcher. "But if you asked me five years ago if we could build a 7-qubit computer in five years, I would have said it was impossible."

Quantum effects give sub-molecular computers great power. Still, quantum computers may never be general-purpose computing devices and are more likely to be targeted at massive number-crunching problems like encryption and decryption, searches of huge databases and simulations of quantum physical states.

While the theoretical foundations of quantum computing were set in the 1980s, scientists had been unable to build quantum computers until recently.

The first 3-qubit quantum computer was created just 18 months ago at the Department of Energy’s Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico. The lab's researchers describe in the Nature paper how they used a test tube of trans-crotonic acid and a powerful nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer to create the 7-qubit (pronounced kew-bit), or quantum bit, quantum computer.

Physicist David Wineland of the National Institute for Standards and Technology, who is working on a competing quantum computing technology, said the work was important but ultimately the NMR technology will hit a roadblock.

"It's significant because it's the most complicated system people have been able to do something interesting on," he said. "But people in the field generally feel that the final quantum computer won't be an NMR computer."

Laflamme's quantum computer was created by manipulating the nuclei of seven molecules in a test tube of trans-crotonic acid, hence 7-qubit. Like a spinning magnet, the molecules' nuclei can be lined up with electromagnetic pulses from the nuclear NMR spectromotor, which is a specialized version of the imaging devices commonly used in hospitals.

"It's like trying to manipulate needles with bulldozers," Laflamme said.

The lining up of a nucleus parallels the encoding of information in conventional computers as binary ones or zeros. However, unlike a traditional bit, which is either on or off, the nuclei are subject to the very weird laws of quantum physics that allow them to simultaneously be in multiple states. In other words, they can be a one or a zero at the same time.

Wineland said that the NMR approach will run out of steam at 15 qubits because key interactive effects between the quantum particles start to disappear.

Wineland is working on one of several different approaches to quantum computing that utilizes trapped ions instead of fluid liquids.

Laflamme compared his research to the early days of computing, when computers weighed 30 tons and were built from thousands of vacuum tubes. Back then, computer scientists predicted that one day computers would weigh only 5 tons and be built from hundreds of tubes.

"What do we have today?" Laflamme asked. "Laptops and Palm Pilots."

"On my optimistic days I think we will have quantum computers in 20, 30, 40 years maybe," he said. "On my pessimistic days, I think quantum computing is crazy."

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2007, 07:48:26 pm »

Shocked You know, it's kinda neat thinking about artificial photosynthesis.
Ruthenium catalysts hold water molecules in place to make oxygen bonds while the protons and electrons are transferred among the molecules and the catalyst, providing the charges necessary to continue the photosynthesis process.

Here's a link that has more on information about natural and artificial processes;
http://www.dyesol.com/index.php?page=HowItWorks
Artificial photosynthesis is based on the concept of a dye analogous to chlorophyll absorbing light and thus generating electrons which enter the conduction band of a high surface area semiconductor film and further move through an external circuit, thus converting light into "green" power.

This is a two-step photovoltaic process, unlike the one step process of conventional PV.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2007, 10:03:02 am »

Smiley  Wow, I didn’t realize that the entire universe was traveling at 10x’s the speed of light, (which IS, 186,282.397 per second, or roughly one foot per nanosecond, so you were right on target).  I guess the thought of stepping out of time and space is rather StarTrekian, LOL.  But scientific breakthroughs begin with writers like Jules Verne, planting the thought of what is possible, (and desirable), into the minds of the young scientists of the “next generation”,  (no pun intentended, LOL.). 

Interesting stuff on “quantum” computers.  If computers have totallly altered our lives already, then what will “quantum computers” do?   Personally I’m still waiting to be able to talk to these little modern miracles.  I have a few choice words to tell them about their “error messages”, LOL.  I still love the scene from the third “Star Trek” movie, where  Kirk, Spock, and Scotti go back in time to the 1990’s and try to sell “plastic metal” to a company.  (Scotti tries to talk to the computer, and when the executive points to the mouse, he picks it up and talks into it, LOL.)  All this typing!  As Scotti puts it, (how quaint!). 

The artificial photosynthis is great!  But when will it be affordable?  Working for GE, I can safely predict, “not until they can put a meter on the Sun, LOL.)   Tongue

P.S.  What link to your avatar?  Hey now it’s coming up with a blank box and an “X” ?
Who was the artist?   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2007, 03:10:33 pm »

still love the scene from the third “Star Trek” movie, where  Kirk, Spock, and Scotti go back in time to the 1990’s and try to sell “plastic metal” to a company. 
  Ah, you mean Transparent Alumium. I remember it....

Loved the idea. I wish I could type like Scottie. I actually found the picture about 5 months ago on a tattoo sight. I ended up using the picture for a desktop shot until I had a friend of mine design a back peice based on it, along with other ideas of mine and had it tattood right in the center of my back between my shoulders. The other picture I used for an avatar is almost exactly what I had done, but with other small details to bring it out. http://imagecache2.allposters.com
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 03:21:28 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2007, 06:53:49 pm »

Cheesy http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1065/Mptv/1065/5088-0360.jpg.html?hint=nm0000559
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:50:25 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2007, 11:16:12 am »

Artist's drawing of the proposed space station to be built out of empty shuttle fuel tanks. Space Island Group says it can build this station and a fleet of six shuttles and be flying passengers there for $1 million to $2 million each within seven years. (Courtesy: Space Island Group)

So far, I'm showing what some of the best present ideas are for space stations.

Artist's drawing of the planned space station using inflatable modules planned by Bigelow Aerospace. (Courtesy: Bigelow Aerospace)

To date these are the more sophisticated ideas presented by private enterprise.
Note the design disadvantages, when comparing them to the "Atlantis Online", space station we're discussing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:23:09 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2007, 11:35:39 am »

These look like self-assemling structures that could support huge fleets of astronauts that are oriented in all displines of science, engineering, and labor.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 02:57:56 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2007, 03:06:34 pm »

This is one of the more inspiring early designs. I still can't find an image to do the imagination on this any justice.
Introducing an idea for the inner most structural plans for the station.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:09:40 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #179 on: September 24, 2007, 04:27:24 pm »

Smiley  Looks like a giant molecule in space!   Shocked

Reminds me of the Bio-spheres in a BBC space series where there were independent bio-spheres of various human habitats, some of whom knew nothing about the others.  And the entire mission was adrift and the captain and crew were all dead.  Some of them were trying to round up the individual bio-spheres to try to figure out how to man the ship and get it on course.   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: