Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 02:15:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23211 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2007, 02:33:14 am »

It's getting kind of scary out there actually, and I'm glad I'm not a young person, just starting out.  I know people have said that for thousands of years ( the older ones anyway Cheesy) but I'm glad I lived in the era I have.  I was young enough to still work with horses on the farm before they were replaced with tractors, but I was able to drive all the modern equipment too.  Medicine in my era was advanced enough that the surgeries I've needed over the years were a piece of cake, and the health care system provided the means.   I've experienced the down home, country type of life, as well as the sophisticated city mode.  I've experienced the modern technology of computers, but know how to do math in my head (if I really have to Grin).

I really don't want to live in a time when everything is plastic and the planet chokes on it, we can't leave our homes and go shopping unless we get clearance from some phoney government official, the criminal is the injured party, the food and the soil it grows in has been so contaminated we get sick from eating "healthy" foods, the government cuts assistance to the aged, the schooling etc. etc. etc.

I read a book a long, long time ago, called The Captains and the Kings.  It pretty much was a novel, but it also pretty much explained what we're all talking about now. (I think I still have it- I was so impressed) How there is only about 10 money kings in the world and how they manipulate everything behind the scenes years and years in advance to satisfy their own ends.  How they pick and choose presidents before the dude is out of diapers, how they train him without his knowing, how they create wars to boost certain economies and destroy others, how they ruin peoples lives who have no idea what is going on behind the scenes at super high levels.  And you could walk by these big monies on the street and wouldn't have a clue because they look like any ordinary Joe.

Anyway, going back to the subject, I did quickly scan the recent posts, and although I am certainly not a scientist, I can see where there may be a few problems that would need attention.  It's too late and I'm too tired to really get into it, but I was thinking mostly about the integrity of the structure .  This business about nanocells having to be "refreshed" etc.  Or having a process reverse itself when it wasn't expected or something.  I'm sure those that are developing this stuff would develop a process or at least know more about keeping the structure rigid once it was produced.  I'm afraid science isn't my strong suit Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2007, 03:38:20 am »

NASA is an Illuminati front.

They have as much interest in space truths as the Communists did with honest media.
I Agree with that possibility!
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2007, 03:52:56 am »

That is a good point Q, and beleive me. I thought about that too.
However lets reflect on metal rubber. Tranparent, yet able to stand up to extreme hot and cold. Returns to shape when when creased or crumbled.

In flight, birds can alter the shape of their wings and bodies in order to fly better in varying conditions. What if a plane could do that, too? Such a plane would need to be made from a material that could bend and stretch like rubber, and direct changes in shape by conducting electrical signals, the way metal can.

Enter Metal Rubber— a new patented material created by a team of researchers headed by Richard Claus, professor of materials sciences and engineering, and electrical and computer engineering at Virginia Tech. Claus' team took six years to perfect Metal Rubber, collaborating with chemist Jennifer Lalli at NanoSonic, Inc., a Blacksburg, Virginia nanotechnology company of which Claus is president.

Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2007, 11:23:59 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM VOLITZER:

NASA is an Illuminati front.
They have as much interest in space truths as the Communists did with honest media.

I knew that without even bothering to research it.  In order to control what people know, you'd have to control the agencies that are in authority.  Knowledge is power.  In order to keep and maintain power you have to control the cutting edge of technology, or new weapons that could threaten you power will be created and used against you.  Again without researching or “knowing” anything, in this “age of information”, their greatest defense is “disinformation”.  This just stands to reason and is simple logic derived straight from Maciavelli’s The Prince.

QUOTE FROM QOAIS:

…The Captains and the Kings.  It pretty much was a novel, but it also pretty much explained what we're all talking about now. (I think I still have it- I was so impressed) How there is only about 10 money kings in the world and how they manipulate everything behind the scenes years and years in advance to satisfy their own ends

I have only recently gotten into all these conspiracy theories.  It’s all pretty alarming, but I’ve never been one to get too involved in politics.  I have many friends who believe in one political cause or another.  I’ve maintained since I was a young man, that political systems are useless, because the real problem is the system of exchange we use.  The money itself creates money magnets.  Once a certain level of wealth is attained it begins to gather money to itself like a magnet.  Unless the person that “owns” the wealth is either a fool or benevolent saint, he becomes part of a natural money “pyramid” with only a few at the top capstone.  We could blame secret societies, or evil greedy men, but the real cause of it is the very means we all use to exchange goods. 

People and human nature are actually quite predictable. How can we blame super wealthy men for trying to hold on to what they’ve created, or inherited?  On a much lesser scale, we are all doing the same thing for our families.  They themselves are caught in a trap that society has created.  Do we at the bottom of the pyramid expect those at the top to simple give up their place, give their wealth away to the poor, and give up the power they wield?  Once men have power, it is a very hard thing to give up… who else would they trust with it?… In essence they are afraid to give up the power once they have it. 

We are all of us caught in a trap of our father’s, foremost ancestor's making.  Once the system and values were set in place, the rules of the game have dictated the outcome. 

So “we” disposed of the kings and the aristocracy, only to create new “kings” of industry and commerce.  Hitler tried to exterminate an entire race, took all their banking money and power and tried to conquer the world with it.  Communism rose and is now almost completely fallen.  Empires and rise and fall, and nothing really changes.  There will always arise new men to fill the vacuum of power.

But this is not created by the inherent evil nature of men.  Men in themselves are not inherently evil.  It is created by the system itself.  For money is power, and power corrupts, and ultimate power corrupts ultimately. It’s the money. And which of us can stop using it?

But here’s the silver lining in all of this:  No one, no organization, no secret society, no matter how powerful can control everything.  There will always be the patriots, the pirates, the rebels, and in this scenario:  “The Astronaut Farmers

Who needs NASA?  This thread started out as a private enterprise to Mars.  If you can convince enough people that your idea will work, and get there, then the Illumanti will have to work harder to control the new colonists in the next new world… Mars.  Isn’t that the real allure of the red planet?   Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2007, 04:50:30 pm »

Then we are on the same page then I see.  Cool   Very Cool!
We might be Earth grown, but were not Earth bound.

As for our not so good friends on the other side of the fence, "They will reap what they have sown".....
They denied us a greater understanding of what we can accomplish.
Maybe, it's time they should live in the dark. Literally! The Dark........

Imagination, Is Invention.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2007, 05:56:34 pm »

From The Beginning!

RESEARCH LAUNCHER

Total height: 9 feet
Travel: 6 feet, split into 6 one-foot sections
   1. Acceleration by compressed gas
   2-4. Electric acceleration
   5. Glide
   6. Electric and/or hydraulic deceleration

Field magnets: NdFeB or YBCO, on armature
Stator: Copper
Commutation: Sliding contact
Power supply: Capacitor bank
Speed measurement: Laser gates, pick-up coils
Projectile mass: 1 kg
Short term endspeed goal: 200 m/s
Projectile apogee: 1000 m
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2007, 06:02:26 pm »

Next!

“We think that the future of spaceflight is in using new systems, new architectures and exploring technologies to reinvent the design of space missions,” says Dario Izzo of ESA’s Advanced Concepts Team (ACT).
With that sentiment in mind, experts will come to ESTEC, ESA’s research and technology establishment, for a day of intense brainstorming. They will discuss new ways of: using spindly tethers that pull electrical power out of space to explore the fascinating moons and planets of the outer Solar System, using advanced propulsion to send spacecraft to deflect dangerous asteroids or go beyond the solar system, using a swarm of tiny satellites in formation to synthesise large structures such as telescopes and sails, and designing constellations of satellites that behave like rigid objects in space mocking Kepler’s Laws.

“This workshop will discuss some of the missions and enabling architectures that could fly in space in 20–30 years’ time. We will explore new approaches as to how space missions can be built, controlled or executed”, says Roger Walker, one of the co-organisers of the event. 

Satellite swarm self-assembling a large array in orbit
One focus of the workshop will be the coordinated motion of satellite swarms. Primitive goal-oriented instincts will be coded into the control system of each satellite, guiding it to complete a small task, whilst remaining unaware that a more complex undertaking is being achieved collectively. This is how ants and termites behave in nature. In this way, a satellite swarm may be given a collective intelligence, allowing it to achieve useful tasks in space.

Large structures could be built, or many satellites could fly in formation to simulate the performance of much larger apertures than can be launched, whole, into space. Or the satellites might work in a coordinated way to explore many asteroids, providing a large cross section of comparable information rather than a snapshot of just one asteroid as happens with current missions.

Izzo hopes that some of the ideas discussed will lead to future studies for the agency. “Other talks will simply open people’s minds to the many possibilities on offer for future missions,” he says.

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2007, 06:14:36 pm »

Rethinking, old concepts in a new way.

Within the inner equatorial ring that begins this structures journey to completion.
Cargo holds, contain usable materials needed to restock our robotic work force.

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2007, 06:27:29 pm »

Agricultural

Technicians monitor crop yields in the agricultural area.  The "growing season" in separate sections can be staggered, ensuring fresh fruits and vegetables for the space settlers year-round.  Those crop plants which can tolerate 24-hour-a-day sunlight can have it.  Agriculture in space will benefit greatly from weather control, and from the absence of pests.

Hungry for some more?

Live Stock!
Most people are not aware that plants have been genetically engineered for years to produce some of our best crops. Now a completely different ball game, with much more complicated rules and an entirely different species of players, has opened up. The benefits are endless; the dangers, minute.

One of the largest areas that will be affected by the possibility of animal cloning is animal research. If the animals used in experiments are exactly the same physiologically, the experiments are much easier to control (Earnshaw). Fewer animals will be needed for experimentation, with better results. Though some scientists believe that animals are more susceptible to disease if they are part of herds with genetically identical genes, cells are also capable of being genetically engineered to root out diseases that the donor animal may have carried.

Cloning is also exciting in terms of animal agriculture-in the quality of what animals produce naturally, and what they can artificially produce to cure some of the most serious diseases (Friend). A cow's milk, a sheep's wool, and a pig's meat are only a few of the countless quality upgrades that any animal useful to humans would experience. Though these improvements are anything but trifling, they are nothing compared to what animals can artificially produce to effect the medical community in astounding ways.

One of the most immediate advantages of animal cloning will be in the area of pharmaceutical production. Cheap and plentiful bioengineered drugs that are made from human proteins will most likely be the first practical application . The ability to clone will allow scientists to genetically engineer animals for a particular protein, and then mass produce them. The animals carrying the proteins would secrete the proteins in their milk or blood to be harvested and then purified for use. Drugs made from these proteins today are extremely scarce and not affordable. Since they have been the only available answer for inherited disorders such as hemophilia, cystic fibrosis and emphysema, it has been a discouraging battle for those suffering with these diseases (Friend).

Though less certain but equally as exciting, the same technique used in cloning might be able to be used to reproduce much-needed organs, skin for burn victims, and various life-saving drugs (Yan). It will also give the world deep insights into spinal chords, heart muscle, brain tissue that won't regenerate after injury, and cancer cells that multiply uncontrollably (Krauthammer). Scientists predict that possibilities for humans because of animal cloning are infinite, and they cannot wait to get started.

Hmmm Plant and Animal material....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:18:26 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2007, 06:31:23 pm »

Can these ideas take us even further out?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2007, 06:42:00 pm »

The picture on this logo for some reason, had me imagining Atlantis. A terraformed world created in a hyper-large, man-made enigma. Weapons are completely out of the question, and no exchange of currency. Being that neither are even important. Being humble and respecting life, is an option more easily expressed. So much less stress, of the kinds we're all so used to feeling.

Work related stress is assisted with CAM's. (computer-aided machines)
To handle two-thirds the labor. We will have more options to multi-task, without our labors becoming routine. Recreation? Ordinary looking sun-glasses that are worn, while practicing martial arts that displace computer generated avatars that react to being hit. Thing is, if you take a hit, your life bar begins to run out. And you lose the match. The Avatar you were veiwing was controled by someone in another part of the station. Same would go far driving and flight simulations. Imagine hover-skiing through Rock arches, and deep canyons, and actually feel it. Others you called earlier on agreed to meet you on that game channel to race you.

I could go on and on...
But you get the idea.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:40:57 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2007, 08:09:20 pm »

Tension Breaker.

You have got to see this video.  Smiley

http://www.yahoo.com/
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2007, 08:43:25 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2007, 10:00:54 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM HereForNow:

The picture on this logo for some reason, had me imagining Atlantis. A terraformed world created in a hyper-large, man-made enigma.

Boy we really are on the same page!!  Now this brings up another theory of mine.  I don’t talk about this one a lot because even I think it’s kind of “FAR OUT” 

I think a great many Atlantis aficionados, still regard the Atlantean civilization as an ancient civilization, but not as a technologically advanced civilization.  Even among those of us that regard the Atlantean’s as technologically advanced, few still would regard Atlantis as more technologically advanced then our present civilization is today. 

Some of us here in the forum would assert that the Atlanteans possessed flying machines as in the Hindu Vedas.  Even fewer would believe that they had the technology of space travel.  But how many of us here would go so far as to believe that they not only visited the other planets, but terraformed them and set up Atlantean colonies on other planets, including of course… MARS?

(Actually this touches on the theme of my novels because at the end of the first novel my adventures end up on Mars to gaze on “The Face On Mars”. Which I believe is not an alien Martian civilization, but the remnants an ancient Atlantean colony.)

So when you say, HereForNow, and I quote:…

The picture on this logo for some reason, had me imagining Atlantis. A terraformed world created in a hyper-large, man-made enigma.

… I for one think human kind has already been there, done that.  And there’s no reason why we can’t do it again.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2007, 03:23:59 pm »

I'm actually smiling too. It's really nice to know that I'm not alone. I bet your friends in the "real" world raz you by calling you an alien too I bet.

I get it all the time. However, I'm no better. I call them monkies.   Roll Eyes
This is from another post of mine in creative writing that didn't really go anywhere but I think you will atleast be able to relate to the idea;

Maybe a TV show about Earth back in 15,000 B.C. that involves the Atlantean Empire in it's prime which was a one world goverment. Super-science and magic, are just bits and peices of what is going on around our cast of computer animated hybrid humanoids.
The very geology of the Earth is a very different place. A garden paradice, like a virtual Eden sets the stage for their passionate resistance against the Draconians. The spirit of all creation, and life is a kind of religion to them. However, their are those Atlanteans who seek to betray the ways of old to blindly seek to become god-like to satisfy their own greed and selfishness.

Being faced with the threat of intersteller war with Draconian worriors fighting for control of the fire stones in posidens great temple, and unending problems with still other threats. The Atlanteans demonstrait a very high degree of understanding the way cosmic forces and nature combined with their science, and spirit energy overcome the obstacles. They seek to teach the children who have the mark of Earth, (us) to be creative to eventually reach the stars. Their goal is to return to the stars as their ancestors did. (The First ones)

Draconians want to enslave the entire hybrid race and will stop at nothing to gain control of all of Atlantean resources. Yet they do not know that the chosen one, will one day escape the Earth with his people. They only know that a king will be born, and that he threatens the entire mission. First he must end the threat of war for Earth's safety, (to preserve, our kind.) and then he must fulfill his destiny as King. The problem is, he's only 12 years old. He must first learn the ancient knowledge of the first one's, before he can reveal his purpose. No one else knows this except for a worrior, a magician, and the Elder/gaurdian of Atlantis. This is to protect him from the draconian forces who are searching for him. They can never be aloud to know his identity until that day his prophecy is to be fulfilled. So, the child king to be, does not know who he really is for now until it's time.

His real name is to never be spoken so for now, his name is Thoth.
Elemental energy mastered: Creation
Spirit Energy: 12th Ray of enlightenment.
Enoch's equal. However, he doesn't understand this yet and at times, he doesn't have much control over how his abilities work.

It's not all that great, but it fits with alot of what we're discussing about Atlanteans for the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: