Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:55:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23672 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2007, 10:03:02 am »

Smiley  Wow, I didn’t realize that the entire universe was traveling at 10x’s the speed of light, (which IS, 186,282.397 per second, or roughly one foot per nanosecond, so you were right on target).  I guess the thought of stepping out of time and space is rather StarTrekian, LOL.  But scientific breakthroughs begin with writers like Jules Verne, planting the thought of what is possible, (and desirable), into the minds of the young scientists of the “next generation”,  (no pun intentended, LOL.). 

Interesting stuff on “quantum” computers.  If computers have totallly altered our lives already, then what will “quantum computers” do?   Personally I’m still waiting to be able to talk to these little modern miracles.  I have a few choice words to tell them about their “error messages”, LOL.  I still love the scene from the third “Star Trek” movie, where  Kirk, Spock, and Scotti go back in time to the 1990’s and try to sell “plastic metal” to a company.  (Scotti tries to talk to the computer, and when the executive points to the mouse, he picks it up and talks into it, LOL.)  All this typing!  As Scotti puts it, (how quaint!). 

The artificial photosynthis is great!  But when will it be affordable?  Working for GE, I can safely predict, “not until they can put a meter on the Sun, LOL.)   Tongue

P.S.  What link to your avatar?  Hey now it’s coming up with a blank box and an “X” ?
Who was the artist?   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: