Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:06:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23368 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2007, 02:57:35 pm »

Smiley  TO QUOTE YOU, HEREFORNOW:

Well I would imagine that these worms being miles long as these glass tunnels are, would more then likely be the reason we don't see anything else alive on the surface. LOL   

LOL, Thanks I needed a good laugh, and that gave me one.  Impacts that create heat and cool quickly, caused them you think?  I’ve never seen anything like this in the geology on our planet.   To be sure there are different forces at work on Mars, though.  Miles long you say?  Curious to say the least!  If they’re man made, (or humanoid-made, LOL), then they’re culture has a different approach… (kind of reminds me of “he Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai in the 4th Dimension”.

This is possible despite the universal speed limit being that of light, Krauss said, because the galactic clusters won't actually be moving; it's the space between them that will be expanding at a rate faster than light can traverse it.

I’ve done a lot of thinking on this speed of light limit thing.  You know Tesla thought that Einstein had it all wrong in regards to relativity.  I’m not sure I buy into it either.  Quantum is just the latest model, and others have come and gone.

Time and space… they’re really an illusion.  Everything is moving in such a complex motion, can anyone even get a heading on where we are and where we’ve been?  Think about it.  We are revolving around the earth as it spins at over 1,000 miles an hour.  As we move in that circular motion, the entire earth revolves around the Sun at God knows what speed!  Then the entire solar system revolves around the center of the Milky Way at again an even more staggering speed.  The entire galaxy is also moving, probably around the center of the universe, at an even greater speed!

So exactly where were we in a “fixed” space ten seconds ago?  If we could actually go back to that “fixed” space perhaps we would actually be back in time.  But who can even calculate with any certainty where exactly that place would be. 

I assert that there is no such thing as time.  There is only complex motion.  If you are on a merry-go-round and you want to move forward to the position just in front of you, then it will take an enormous effort, because you will have to exert a force greater than the centrifugal force that you are subject to on that merry-go-round.

But if you simply jump off of it then the position you are trying to get to will come around again to you, and you can just jump back on.  So without overcoming the centrifugal force, you have achieved your goal.

If the goal were to achieve a speed greater than light, then I think you would first have to address overcoming the forces that would tear you apart in the process of achieving that speed.

But that is not actually the goal here, is it?  We don’t seek to be faster than light.  We seek to travel to places that are extremely far away, even at that atrocious speed. And should we achieve twice that speed, they would still be impractically far away. 

We are subject to gravitational forces that keep us a prisoner on this crazy merry-go-round.  If we could just “get off the ride” and break free of those gravitational forces, (at the speed everything else is already moving), perhaps we would be able to travel to those far away places.  Some food for thought.  Wink

P.S.  The new avatar is more colorful.  But I just figured out what the old Tiger and Dragon one was, and I liked the symbolism.  Have you joined the avatar of the month club?, LOL.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: