Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 08:18:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 25409 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2007, 10:00:54 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM HereForNow:

The picture on this logo for some reason, had me imagining Atlantis. A terraformed world created in a hyper-large, man-made enigma.

Boy we really are on the same page!!  Now this brings up another theory of mine.  I don’t talk about this one a lot because even I think it’s kind of “FAR OUT” 

I think a great many Atlantis aficionados, still regard the Atlantean civilization as an ancient civilization, but not as a technologically advanced civilization.  Even among those of us that regard the Atlantean’s as technologically advanced, few still would regard Atlantis as more technologically advanced then our present civilization is today. 

Some of us here in the forum would assert that the Atlanteans possessed flying machines as in the Hindu Vedas.  Even fewer would believe that they had the technology of space travel.  But how many of us here would go so far as to believe that they not only visited the other planets, but terraformed them and set up Atlantean colonies on other planets, including of course… MARS?

(Actually this touches on the theme of my novels because at the end of the first novel my adventures end up on Mars to gaze on “The Face On Mars”. Which I believe is not an alien Martian civilization, but the remnants an ancient Atlantean colony.)

So when you say, HereForNow, and I quote:…

The picture on this logo for some reason, had me imagining Atlantis. A terraformed world created in a hyper-large, man-made enigma.

… I for one think human kind has already been there, done that.  And there’s no reason why we can’t do it again.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: