Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 10:42:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 25508 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2007, 09:44:10 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM HEREFOR NOW:

Now, maybe you would like to tell me what you do for a living and then I'll give you three names. 

LOL, I’m not sure you’d call what I’m doing a living, LOL.  Currently, I’m just trying to survive and support my wife and four kids!  I’m a music teacher, composer, and would be novelist.  I have a strong science background however, and was going to become a chemist, just before I decided to pursue a musical career and attend the Juilliard School of Music, (a financially dumb move, however rewarding).  My days are currently spent at an in-house division of Zerox at the original GE plant in Schenectady, with an account that is scanning all the millions of technical drawings of turbine generators into an electronic database. It’s very boring at work, but I can make my own hours, (allowing me to give private music lessons), and do things online while the system is busy “thinking”.  If I sell my novel or screenplay things will change.  And right now I’m researching for the next novel, both of which are based on the kind of esoteric knowledge we share here at Atlantis Online.  And by the way, (tying this all back into this particular thread), the characters in my adventure story get to visit “The Face On Mars”, LOL.  Just trying to make all this reading about Mars, pay for itself, I guess, LOL.

Now back to the Bucky balls.  Although I’ve tried to keep up by reading magazines like Scientific American, admittedly I’m not quite up on the kind of micro technology you’re talking about here, (although it sounds like the future of chemistry, LOL.)  Is this liquid you’re talking about capable of reproducing the structure of a microscopic Bucky ball by adding raw material that is not structured?  Because that is what is sounds like you’re saying.  Please elaborate a little on this quote:

imagine producing a three dimentional picture on a computer screen, hitting enter and suddenly the formation of geometric shapes of all sizes just construct themselves from something that looks like liquid until it's commanded to become ridgid. And this technology exists already.

Exactly how does this work?  Got a web site?  Meanwhile I’ll check out that last link about the Hutchison effect, (this I already know something about, but want to know more). 

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: