Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 10:44:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23164 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 09:59:20 am »

Smiley  QUOTE: 
*** First of all . . . Shouldnt this be in the SPACE section under MARS ? ? ?

Sorry if I’ve waylaid this thread, ‘D3D.  I was following up on something that Qoais had posted in another tread.  Maybe we should ask an admin about starting a space construct thread?  Bianaca started a new one for my "gold bugs" (a spin off from Vimani's)  Maybe this should be a spin off too.

But Herefornow seems to like this notion, and I’ve fascinated by the idea of nano robots used to construct a space station, or perhaps to enlarge the existing one.  This may seem off topic for Mars, but building such a space station to orbit Mars might be a very good place to start if any private enterprise were to try to colonize the red planet.  Maybe going down to build a martian colony on work days and coming home to an orbiting space station at night would be a better plan, at least until they had something more livable on the surface. 

QUOTE Posted by: Volitzer:

Venusians live on the surface, Martians have to live underground.
\

Okay, I’m not sure where you’re getting this information or opinion, but I’m intrigued.  As far as the Martians go, I can see why they would choose to live underground.  And Dr. Courtney Brown’s remote viewing experiences would definitely agree with you on this.  But the last time I read anything about the surface of Venus, it was around 900 degrees, was largely hydrocarbons in the atmosphere, and rained sulfuric acid.  Do the Venusians live in domed enclosures, or are they adapted to this kind of harsh environment?

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: