Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 06:26:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23256 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 11:26:42 am »

Smiley  QUOTE OF QOAIS:

and there will be those that want to be the first ones there to get in on the ground floor and supposedly make a fortune.  New frontiers and all that.

Yes to be sure, i.e. “The Martian Chronicles”, (great story.)    To be sure we want the best for our children, and in the process perhaps we spoil them to the point that they become lazy beyond our intentions.  The technology is spoiling us all for that matter.  Today if the dishwasher breaks, we use paper plates!  My kids argue over which one of them has to get off the couch to bring them the remote control!!

On the flip side of this however is that they have all become so motivated to possess more and more of this technology.  All my kids want jobs and the labor laws forbid them to work until they’re over 16.  Mind you they want to work, not out of ambition, but out of greed, but hey I could say that about myself, LOL. 

Today both men and women work, no one stays home to clean the house or take care of children, and if it weren’t for child labor laws, I think the kids would be out there working, (nothing too physical mind you), just to buy the latest techno-gadget! 

I’m not sure that this qualifies as ambition?  But I can see people going to Mars just because it will be “modern” “technologically advanced” the new “place to be”  Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: