Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 05:45:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 23248 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 01:07:01 pm »

Smiley  Ah ha, Qoais!  So then is this to be the new “construct” thread?  Perfect!  I have a great book on Mars with an entire chapter entitled “who terra-formed Mars?”  Now, as for finding that particular book, I’ll need a day or two, so please be patient.  But as memory serves me, the idea was that Mars’ entire surface has been oxidized, (hence the red color).  In the author’s scholarly opinion someone had deliberately terra-formed Mars.  According to him, Mars never did have enough natural gravity to sustain an atmosphere, and by adding enough water and oxygen to the planet, the newly created atmosphere raised the temperature of the planet and made it habitable and pleasant.  But without adding the necessary water to sustain what was naturally lost by the low gravity conditions the planet returned to its normal inhospitable state. 

Now according to him, it was scientifically possible to do it again.  All we’d have to do is deflect enough icy space debris, (comets or the stuff in the belt beyond Pluto), and send it crashing into Mars.  Then a few thermo nuclear explosions to heat up the ice, and Viola! -   A planet fit for human habitation!

So it occurs to me, if it’s been done before, who did it?  Perhaps it was the Atlanteans and we just don’t remember that far back? 
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: