Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 09:50:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 25501 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #345 on: August 26, 2010, 02:02:06 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM HEREFOR NOW:
That we will persist onward toward more productive ways of doing everything.

I want to give a big "AMEN" to that brother!  Boy could this country use some more of that kind of thinking right now.  I have been shaking my head thinking, "there has got to be a better way" about so many things.  Take the internal combustion engine for one thing.   I have always thought of it as dumb idea.  The damn thing has over 100,000 moving parts and just about shakes itself to death when it runs.

My first car was an Alfa Romeo 5 speed convertible.  It broke down like clockwork every Saturday Night just before my dates.  I have pictures of my prom dated pushing it in a gown to get it jump started!

Now here we are dependent on foreign oil, and more and more of my pay check being dumped down into the tank.  I designed a true hybrid electric car, (not the parallel hybrids they’re trying to pass off as serial hybrids) with regenerative braking power, while doodling in the 7th grade!  And still not one major car company is marketing one yet!  Now that’s not rocket science, if a 12 year old kid can think of it.

What happened to American ingenuity?  I’m getting ready to build it myself, because apparently Detroit just doesn’t want to build it for me.  Maybe it’s time we all got good and fed up with buying the junk they’re peddling and started building our own stuff again.  Personally I would be embarrassed to put my name on most of the poorly made crap they’re trying to market today!  It’s all made to fall apart and make you buy another one.

Okay so building the Space Station may be a little out of our reach at the moment.  Hopefully our kids will have a better shot at that before one of those newly discovered asteroids decides to send us all the way of the dinosaurs.  But how about a better way to power our homes and cars now, and without oil. 

P.S.  Do you know any good machinists? 
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: