Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 03:27:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 24914 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2010, 12:15:16 am »

Smiley  Wow, I didn’t realize you were so profound Harry. 

QUOTE FROM HEREFORNOW:

Fellow Creatures will continue

to suffer, our ability to function as a global community

will continue to allude us, and our commitment to a world

of harmonious co-habitation and unity will not be realized

But if we look far into the past I believe we have functioned as a global community, and apparently God was not too pleased with us.  Remember this story?

The Tower of Babel story
From Genesis 11:1-9

And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Maybe God doesn’t want us to get along, LOL.  I have this notion that God is like a movie producer, and this is all just one super feature length film.  Call me a chauvinist,  but if God is a guy, then he really isn’t into peace love and harmony.  Sure that’s what we want, ‘cause this is a reality show for us, but for him, that’s a chick flick.  If he’s a guy he wants to make a blow ‘em up action movie.  We’re the actors so of course we don’t want to risk our lives doing our own stunts.  But God can blow us up and put us back together with just a thought.  Point is how we think of the world, and how He thinks about it is way different.  If we skip ahead to the Apocalypse climax in the advanced script to this flick that John got a copy of, it’s definitely an action flick.  Kinda makes you want to get some nachos, and hang out with the Big Guy and watch it all on the big screen when you look at it that way.

Sorry for the levity.  It’s a bad habit of mine.  Did you write that?  It’s quite poetic.  I really like it.
 Grin
Mike

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: