Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 05:05:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 25478 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #330 on: December 28, 2009, 01:07:32 am »

As for not repeating past mistakes, I’m afraid we may be “slow learners” as species go.  They rebuilt San Francisco on the same fault line that leveled it, knowing full well another one just as devastating was bound to happen someday.  New Orleans is still a city in a hurricane prone area that lies lower than the sea level, and after it’s devastated we just rebuild it.   Just a couple of examples that come to mind.

Either we’re a species that likes to live on the edge, or we’re just plain dumb, LOL.

Can we only allow intelligent people on this new planet?  ‘Cause then maybe we can get it right, LOL.

Currency contributes to the way power hungery barbarians insure property, and rebuild property. This is why we are so.......
Population goes down, granting greater control of asset aquired. And we continue by law to pay it.
Because we choose to have no choice for now. Wink However it would only take 2 or 3 of the world's elite to see the error of his/her seven deadly sins to come back to our side of the feild for a moment.

Now I, oh greedy I am have seen the dark as my light.
Yet I can't feel the path of your glory beneith my weary feet.
I now will shed this layer of filth, made of murder and lies and surrender my worldly goods to the survival and growth of all you created until it is all dispenced. Upon then, I will live my life with nothing and expecting nothing. That I be granted but one drop to savor?
I can be content with a photo.

It is a controlling factor behind who lives now-a-days, and who doesn't.
Fortunately those folks who can see these situations as a likely problem, do research geological stability.
Before Earth sent a lander to any planet or moon we had a pretty good idea of what we were landing on.
Advanced ground penetrating sonar with the power of quantum processing should be able to give us vivid feed on where the safest location is to establish mega-cities.
These are on the wish list for pre-launched probes that traveled via "Leap".....
Without the Electromagnetic rail gun probe launch.

Once sufficient data arrivived....

We would know exactly what to expect in regaurds to traveling there. Whats there, and when.
We'll have answers about the composure of all those things. Plus you can only imagine the computer simulated graphics of the High Def animation that the data would create with autonomy.

An idea? Something along the lines of:

~Harry~
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:19:55 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: