Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 09:37:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Private Enterprise- To mars

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Enterprise- To mars  (Read 25243 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2009, 12:45:44 am »

Smiley  Holy Buckyballs Batman!  I see that the rumors of your departure were greatly exaggerated, HereForNow.   Congats on the design.  This thread has grown as much as the whole forum has, LOL.   

I agree with your optimism.  Money is not the real obstacle:  Ignorance is.  The economy always has its ups and downs, just like the seasons.  The point is not how fast we get there, it’s just TO get there, LOL.   And Regan never built “Star Wars” “Weapons of Mass Destruction”, (at least not as far as we civilians know).  But his mere threat to build it single handedly took down the entire soviet empire without firing a shot, LOL.  Of  course we have to wonder if they really did spend $100 dollars a piece on a toilet seats, or if that’s just what the books say, and the money actually went on building a real “Star Wars” defense system. 

You just might be the next Jules Verne, HereForNow.  You know unless someone can envision something like an atomic submarine in the 1800’s, then the young scientists of the 1900’s wouldn’t have it in their heads to try and build one. 

All this talk of mass destruction in 2012 has got me to thinking where would it be safe if the Mayan prophesies came true?  Their predictions are that this world, (the forth one in ancient Hopi Legends), will end in bombardments of celestial objects and worldwide earthquakes.  Just where on Earth would you be safe from something like that?  I certainly wouldn’t want to be in an underground fortress safe from the impacts of asteroids if there was going to be massive earthquakes as well.  So I guess the real answer is that this time, building an Arc won’t work, and neither will hiding underground so…
GET US OFF OF THIS ROCK, before we all go the way of the dinosaurs, LOL.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: