Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:41:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Guns in Church? Jindal Signs Louisiana Bill into Law

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guns in Church? Jindal Signs Louisiana Bill into Law  (Read 129 times)
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« on: July 08, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »

The Internet is abuzz today over word that Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal has singed that allows people with concealed-weapons permits to bring weapons into churches and other houses of worship.

The bill does not allow people to simply walk into a church packing heat, however. According to the Times-Picayune in New Orleans, individuals must pass a background check and undergo eight hours of training per year if they want to bring weapons to houses of worship; the idea seems to be that they would serve something like a de facto security force.

In addition, the head of the religious institution - be it a church, synagogue, mosque or anything else - must announce to congregants that the weapons are being wielded for security purposes.

The bill, which will reportedly go into effect on August 15th, is the brainchild of Republican state Rep. Henry Burns, who argues that houses of worship in rough neighborhoods need the protection that a concealed-weapons security force could provide.

The legislation also extends the period to have a concealed weapons permit from four to five years and gives houses of worship the option to hire off duty police or other security forces. It was one of hundreds of measures signed into law by the Republican governor.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20009977-503544.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 03:20:32 pm »

I guess having ushers with guns might encourage the flock to contribute more.
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 07:04:24 pm »

I guess having ushers with guns might encourage the flock to contribute more.

or abolish hecklers.. lol
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 03:16:56 pm »

Right!  Who would want to criticize the pastors sermon?  You could end up with a bullet hole in your forehead, and it would be labeled justifiable homicide.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 08:15:36 pm »

places like Jack Van Impe a bulliet prayer cults ect.. it would be a shooting gallery serman ha ah ha
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:12:26 am »

Frankly, I'd rather take my chances with the snake handlers.
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 11:03:35 am »

Bogus Bill

I don't know what this is going to do for jindals political career especially if someone that believes in if someone dies violently they will came back to life..then does a tony montana and opens fire in a church ?
Report Spam   Logged
Number of the Beast
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 06:15:08 pm »

Well, you know, in America, the only right people pay attention to is the right to bear arms. They could give a damn about any other freedoms.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: