Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 03:56:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Geology of Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geology of Atlantis  (Read 2661 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2010, 02:51:30 am »

http://www.mysteriousworld.com/Journal/2002/Winter/Atlantis/

Now, one thing I would like to clear the air about on this subject is; I'm no expert in geology. However, I take the information I'm given about anything and I debunk what I can to see whats left.

http://www.thescifiworld.net/zocalo_d_atlantis01.htm
This link recall bits of Plato's story that mentions mountains.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:18:00 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 10:49:36 am »

Hi HFN - were you speaking about THE mountain?  The one in the centre of the plain, not very high?

Looking towards the sea, but in the centre of the whole island, there was a plain which is said to have been the fairest of all plains and very fertile. Near the plain again, and also in the centre of the island at a distance of about fifty stadia, there was a mountain not very high on any side.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 04:26:24 pm »

Hi Q.

Yes. That is exactly what I was getting to.  Smiley
Been so busy working, I forget so many things LOL.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 04:44:41 pm »

In regaurds to a very likely place for Atlantis. I would have to agree that lonestar seems to have a strong theory that to me, makes perfect sence. However, the geologic evidence(s) of such turmoil is lacking in this idea. Without that evidence, with all due respect.

It may as well be Greenland.
Yet, I'm still not against this idea entirely without it either.  Wink
Perhaps I will spend some time this evening to see if there is anything on the internet showing any coastal damage around the Atlantic, occuring between 10,500 BC and 500 BC.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2010, 07:32:20 pm »

http://www.armageddononline.org/ancient-tsunami-new-york.html

A huge wave crashed into the New York City region 2,300 years ago, dumping sediment and shells across Long Island and New Jersey and casting wood debris far up the Hudson River.
The scenario, proposed by scientists, is undergoing further examination to verify radiocarbon dates and to rule out other causes of the upheaval.

Sedimentary deposits from more than 20 cores in New York and New Jersey indicate that some sort of violent force swept the Northeast coastal region in 300BC.

Such a wave today would flood Wall Street and the Long Island Expressway.

It may have been a large storm, but evidence is increasingly pointing to a rare Atlantic Ocean tsunami.

Steven Goodbred, an Earth scientist at Vanderbilt University, said large gravel, marine fossils and other unusual deposits found in sediment cores across the area date to 2,300 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2010, 04:56:48 pm »

Curiously this is all I could find. I even worded the question 10 different ways, and this is the only peice of evidence I could produce. Even funnier is the fact there is no information on a cause for such an event. Even a storm surge from a catagory 5 hurricane would not produce the kind of tsunami that this tid-bit of information shows. So, was it an under-water quake or mega-thrust of crust that caused this? Or was it an impact of some kind? Maybe a land-slide?

This still would have had a greater impact, had an entire island-continent was destroyed.
Now, where does this leave us with this whole concept?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2010, 09:47:33 am »

Nothing in over a month?  Cheesy  I sunk his battle-ship?
Report Spam   Logged

luigiusai

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2021, 02:07:57 pm »

Atlantis has been found
Atlantis is the Sardo Corso Graben Horst underwater continental block submerged by the Meltwater Pulses and destroyed by a subduction zone, Capital is Sulcis
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: