Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:52:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Geology of Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geology of Atlantis  (Read 2523 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 11:48:28 am »

Lonestar - me thinks you too, have mis-read my posts.   

Let me high light the main issue here.

My reasoning for the non-existence of Atlantis, comes from researching what science teaches us, in a number of different fields.

You say scientific logic is a fallacy.  What other information do you propose we base our studies on?  Do you expect me to work with something that is unknown? I think that's what you are doing.  Water would never be ejected into outer space for a number of reasons.  Science was never my best subject, but it seems to me that the water would freeze and gravity would bring it back to earth.  It would never get to outer space.  I could be wrong and I don't intend to spend any time checking to see exactly what would happen. 

It may well be that new discoveries will be made that will blow our socks off.  But until then, I can only study the information that's out there, and that information tells us when certain items were invented, when societies were formed and so on.  From THAT DATA, the conclusion is, Atlantis could not have existed as Plato states it, in the time line he gave. 

If I was to go to the trouble of getting you the core samples, would you then come back at me and say it was a fallacy?  That the people taking the cores didn't take them properly or something? 

Lonestar
The problem with your approach, here, is that these are the dates we know.

You are talking in circles.  As I said, I have to go with what we know.  What else is there?  And who teaches us what we know?  Science.

You yourself, are studying those very sciences and yet you say that those who came before you and compiled all that data for you to learn, didn't know what they were talking about. 

There have been numerous illustrations of the K-T event of 65 Mya (when the dinosaurs were destroyed). Some of those illustrations (likely all following what scientists told the artists) show water from the ocean being splashed several hundred kilometers into space.

Apparently this even never happened either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11142304
The theory that a large impact from space killed off mammoths and other beasts 13,000 years ago has been discounted.

The theory had relied on small diamonds that would have been created in the collision however now scientists believe the initial interpretation was wrong when further examinations failed to find any traces of them.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: