Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:24:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Geology of Atlantis

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geology of Atlantis  (Read 2487 times)
LoneStar77

Carl Martin - Writer, Artist and Software Engineer

« on: July 23, 2010, 09:06:49 am »

"6,000 years without civilization"

I guess you are talking from 9000 bc to 3000 bc? Where does Egypt place in all of this?  And what time frame are you setting Plato's Athens?

Actually, more like 9600 to 3500 BC. I've seen some dates for Egyptian history going that early, based on the Scorpion King and Narmer plates, etc. I know that's pushing the definition of "history" a bit, though.

I can only go by what historians and Plato tell us. It seems that some of Egyptian history has been lost to us, at least temporarily. According to the elderly Egyptian priest who talked to Solon, then-current Egyptian history started 1,000 years after the Atlantis-Greece-Egypt war and subsequent demise of Atlantis and prehistoric Greece. Perhaps, the prior Egyptian civilization was wiped out by the same mega-tsunami that might have innundated prehistoric Greece, washed away its topsoil and perhaps all of its manmade structures, as well. According to the king lists of Egypt, their histories may have go back to 30,000+ BC. So, Atlantis might merely have been a young upstart to far more ancient Kemet (Egypt).
Report Spam   Logged

LoneStar77
(Carl Martin)
"Now we have proof that something BIG happened right when Plato's Atlantis subdided. We have the 'smoking gun.'"
www.MissionAtlantis.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: