Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:17:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ancient artifacts unearthed in central province

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient artifacts unearthed in central province  (Read 157 times)
Bee Cha
Superhero Member

« on: August 02, 2007, 01:23:06 am »

Mathaba News Network --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Asia Culture

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ancient artifacts unearthed in central province
Posted: 2007/07/26

Quang Nam (VNA) - Archaeologists have discovered several valuable antiques and sculptures at a site of Cham towers in central Quang Nam province.

According to the scientists, who work at the province's Relic Preservation Centre, the artefacts, including three sandstone sculptures and several reliefs which used to decorate the bottom part of the towers, date back to the 9th century.

The centre director, Tran Anh, said his team will continue the excavation on an area of 4,300 sq. m around the Khuong My tower group in the next three months.

The Khuong My tower group, which includes three towers, is going to be restored with an investment capital of 8 billion VND from the State budget. 

http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=558813
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:00:16 am »

KHUONG MY TOWERS

Khuong My in Tam Xuan I District is located near the National Highway No.1 and 2 km away from Tam Ky to the southwest. Khuong My Towers is a group of three towers in line from the north to the south. Their specific architecture reflects a traditional Champa style with three levels, the upper level representing the stereotype of the lower one with a sandstone top.
   Khuong My Towers show the first style of Champa architecture influenced by the Khome design (curled and deep carved leaves and lozenges representing diagonal and stylish flowers). This is the specific design of Khome art dated from the 9th and 10th centuries.

Here, archaeologists had found many original sculptures (at present are displayed at Da Nang Cham Museum) and many jars of hundreds years old.                         
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:32:47 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: