Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:14:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Google map, links of various evidence that puts Atlantis near Azores

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Google map, links of various evidence that puts Atlantis near Azores  (Read 437 times)
Irskeptic

« on: June 10, 2010, 02:49:16 am »

Hi all, this is my first posting to the forum. I have put together a google map with a lot of information related to Atlantis and thought I'd share. People might come across something they havnt seen before, and I'll be adding new info I run across or others tell me about. I think a visual representation helps.

I am a skeptic in most all matters, but since I took up looking into ancient archeology, mythology, and the story of Atlantis I've come to believe that there is enough evidence to warrent further study, specifically organized deep sea core drilling around to the Azores to see if there really is something to this story.

My general theory is that the civilization of Atlantis was destroyed around 9600BC per plato, but as with most all disasters there were survivors that spread out to the shores of Europe and the Med and America.
The island continant of Atlantis was partially sunk/destroyed multiple times through history, as well as having the Azores rise in recent history due to the unique volatile nature of the triple junction it resides on.

The map will show tidbits of history with some facts and lots of theories about what might have happened. This paints a picture of Atlantis, but as with most things we cannot know for sure, takem with a grain of salt. Many things together seem to make a pattern, but sometimes if we try too hard to see a pattern, we just fool ourselves.

I'm trying to figure out the story of Atlantis, forming a timeline, using any and all sources. I believe many ancient texts, even myths, contain at least a bit of truth too them. I try to incorporate the historical timeline of the bible, genetic spread, mythology from various cultures, archeology, anthropolgy, linguistics, ancient writing, and the kitchen sink, to see what may overlap in the story of history. Any help would be appreciated to improve the map and timeline.

This is just a hobby for me so if I don't respond right away dont hold your breath.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110525687089346453085.000477c39ccf8402ef066&t=h&z=2

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Prey

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:55:02 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Prey

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:56:11 am »

What evidence did you find that makes you think it's close to the Azores?
Report Spam   Logged
Irskeptic

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 05:45:22 pm »

Open up the map link in your browser and read the entries.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: