Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 11:00:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Talk:Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talk:Atlantis  (Read 867 times)
Angels & Demons

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 01:55:37 am »

I hope this helps clarify my belief that the Cayce readings are a vaulable source of knowledge regarding Atlantis. Maybe a subheading 'Speculation about Atlantis' might include some brief highlights about the culture, technologies, and 'religious beleifs' outlined by Cayce scholars? I know there are a lot of contentious ideas here. That's why I'm discussing them here instead of simply editing the Article with my one-sided content. Please advise. Drakonicon 15:24, 16 June 2006 (UTC)

Cayce's medical career is a textbook example of pseudoscience. Detailed coverage of his Atlantis theories doesn't belong here, although it may at Edgar Cayce. Bacon and Donelly are more notable than Cayce, Wilson, et al. because Bacon was one of the first to write about Atlantis in the modern era, and Donelly had a lot to do with making the subject popular. --Akhilleus (talk) 16:53, 16 June 2006 (UTC)

While I certainly do not agree that Cayce is a textbook example of pseudoscience, I agree that detailed coverage of his Atlantis theories dont belong here. Good point about Bacon and Donnelly. I suppose the continuing popular interest in Cayce's many and varied documented readings serve to stimulate modern interest about Atlantis in whole new ways; including the continuing archaeological explorations in Bimini. Cayce's abilities have been given many names. 'Famed psychic' is one of them; yet I feel it poorly represents his work. I suppose some kind of handle needs to ben given to indicate how and why he came about the Atlantis information he is famous for. How about 'Medical Clairvoyant' as Gina Cerminara has referred to him? or Because it was within this context that he drew on information about Atlantis. Just trying to clarify the pseudoscience and new age references in this article.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: