Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:27:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Talk:Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talk:Atlantis  (Read 778 times)
Angels & Demons

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 01:55:16 am »

In which case I dont believe that information presented on Bacon, or Donnelly is more or less important than information obtained from the Edgar Cayce readings. The difference is simply that Bacon and Donnelly were investigative scholars, while Cayce "...practised medical diagnosis by clairvoyance for forty-three years. He left stenographic reports of 30 000 of these diagnoses to the Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc., along with hundreds of complete case reports containing affidavits by the patients and reports by physicians. There are hundreds of people throughout the United States who will testify [as of 1945], at the drop of a hat, to the accuracy of his diagnoses and the efficacy of his suggestions for treatment."(pg 5 There Is A River, (1945), by Thomas Sugrue).

I believe that the sticking point about using the Cayce readings as a valuable source of knowledge regarding Atlantis, is whether one can accept that Cayce's suggested medical diagnoses were so thoroughly successful for so many people; and, by virtue of his diagnostic successes, that the physical, spiritual, and psychological dimensions of treatment that Cayce offered individual patients in what have come to be called his 'Life' readings, contains valuable insight into the culture, technologies, historical time-frames, and location of Atlantis. What intrigues me about this whole article on Atlantis is that it starts with Plato's famously brief references to Atlantis, that Plato is actually passing on a legend about a place that does not exist in his time. In this sense, I feel that that the Cayce reading contain that could be considered as folklorist as anything Plato has passed on from antiquity.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: