Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:21:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Talk:Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talk:Atlantis  (Read 887 times)
Angels & Demons

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 01:46:08 am »

Tinkering with 'Modern Interest' Section

I would like to propose a slight clarification of a line in this section. I understand that brevity makes for easier reading. And due to the apparently sparse and fragmented accounts of 'Atlantis' i would like to bolster this article with the reasonable sources I have found. I suppose the sources could be currently subsumed under Atlantean 'Folklore' or 'Legend'; but there are academics who are genuinely interested in exploring 'Lost Civilisations' (Graham Hancock, Schwaller de Lubicz, John Anthony West).

As it stands, the line reads: "Famed psychic Edgar Cayce gave its geographical location as the Caribbean, and proposed that Atlantis was an ancient, now-submerged, highly-evolved civilization which had ships and aircraft powered by a mysterious form of energy crystal."... All i would like to do is explain what Cayce actually said this 'mysterious form of energy crystal' was. The change would read thus: "... evolved civilization whcih had ships and aircraft powered by a mysterious form of crystal energy. One insight into Cayce's claims refers to the creation of the Tuaoi stone, a crystal 'power station' that was 'technologically... used to generate electricity, heat, and power transmitted to motor vehicles in the manner of remote control.(pg 191, Dan Campbell, Edgar Cayce On the Power of Colours, Stones, and Crystals). Furthermore, Cayce's readings sugggest "...errant manipulation of [the Tuaoi stone's energies]... turned and rent the earth, producing volcanic upheavals that tore the land apart and separated it into five islands." This issue of Cayce and Atlantis is complex and derserves further attention, if only listed under a subheading entitled 'Cayce and Atlantis'. Maybe there could be a another subheading labelled 'The Fanatacism of the ARE'. Of which I am not a member.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: