Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 03:37:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Talk:Atlantis

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talk:Atlantis  (Read 853 times)
Angels & Demons

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 01:32:57 am »

The "root races" template

At the bottom of the article appears the {{Epochs}} template, which stems from some Theosophic theory of human evolution/history. The template has NPOV problems, in my opinion: it's not at all clear, until you follow a link, that the idea of "root races or epochs in human evolution" is an esoteric theory. Someone might mistake it for something that's scientifically valid.

Furthermore, 19th/20th century views of Atlantis are only one part of what's covered here, Theosophic views an even smaller part, so putting the {{Epochs}} template here misrepresents the content of the article. I think it should be removed. --Akhilleus (talk) 18:25, 18 April 2006 (UTC)

I agree. Templates at the bottom of the article like that are usually reserved for widely held concepts, not one person's theory. There have been many esoteric theories about human evolution that include Atlantis, and if we were to be NPOV, we would have to include them all as similar templates, or none at all. Since including them all as templates isn't practical, I'm removing the Epochs template accordingly. I sympathize with whoever made it, it must have involved a fair amount of effort to make, but it's POV to include it here. -kotra 00:01, 19 April 2006 (UTC)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: