Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:08:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Wisdom of Israel

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wisdom of Israel  (Read 1122 times)
Tashiel

« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:01 pm »

Rabbi Jose bar Chanina said: "This is like unto the weaver of a fabric. The more he strikes at it and cuts at it, the more it is praised, and the more does it acquire a good name. When he knows the fabric is bad, he does not dare to cut at it even once, for fear of tearing it." Thus the Holy One, blessed be He, does not try the wicked, but the righteous.

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:02 pm »

Rabbi Jose bar Chanina said: "This is like unto the weaver of a fabric. The more he strikes at it and cuts at it, the more it is praised, and the more does it acquire a good name. When he knows the fabric is bad, he does not dare to cut at it even once, for fear of tearing it." Thus the Holy One, blessed be He, does not try the wicked, but the righteous.

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:05 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:17 pm »

Behold this may be likened to the goodman of the house who has two heifers; one healthy and strong, the other weak. On which of them will he put the yoke? Is it not upon the healthy and strong one? In like manner the Holy One, blessed be He, trieth the righteous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:39 pm »

THE EDUCATION OF THE PRINCE.
A certain king had an only son. Every day and every hour he would say: "Now, my son, eat," "now, my son, drink," "now, my son, go to the house of study," "now, my son, come from the house of study." There was no moment

p. 35

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:48 pm »

A certain king had an only son. Every day and every hour he would say: "Now, my son, eat," "now, my son, drink," "now, my son, go to the house of study," "now, my son, come from the house of study." There was no moment

p. 35

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:49 pm »

p. 35

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:57 pm »

when the king, in his love and anxiety for his son, had not some command, or instruction, or admonition for him. This is like the dealing of the Holy One, blessed be He, with Israel. Every day He said unto Moses: "Command the children of Israel," "say unto the children of Israel," "speak unto the children of Israel." It is the love of God for His people, and His will to make them perfect, in body as well as in character, that accounts for His loading them with incessant commandments.

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:58 pm »

when the king, in his love and anxiety for his son, had not some command, or instruction, or admonition for him. This is like the dealing of the Holy One, blessed be He, with Israel. Every day He said unto Moses: "Command the children of Israel," "say unto the children of Israel," "speak unto the children of Israel." It is the love of God for His people, and His will to make them perfect, in body as well as in character, that accounts for His loading them with incessant commandments.

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2010, 01:33:23 pm »

Vayikra Rabbah, Chap. II.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sacred-texts.com/jud/wois/wois19.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2010, 01:33:59 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2010, 01:34:03 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Tashiel

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2010, 01:34:10 pm »