Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:40:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

THE WORM OUROBOROS

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE WORM OUROBOROS  (Read 1342 times)
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2010, 01:25:50 pm »

"I make no question of that," answered Lord Gro. "But foul water, as soon as fair, will quench hot fire. Sore against our will did we of Witchland join with the Demons in that war, foreseeing (as hath been bloodily approved) that the issue must be but the puffing up of the Demons, who desire no other thing than to be lords and tyrants of all the world."

Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2010, 01:25:59 pm »

"Thou," said the Red Foliot, "wast in thy young days King Gaslark's man: a Goblin born and bred: his very foster-brother, nourished at the same breast. Why must I observe thee, a plain traitor against so good a king? Whose perfidy the common people then did openly reprove (as I did well perceive even so lately as last autumn, when I was in the city of Zaju Zaculo at the time of their festivities for the betrothal of the king's cousin german the Princess Armelline unto the Lord Goldry Bluszco), they carrying filthy pictures of thee in the street, singing of thee thus:

p. 49

Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2010, 01:26:07 pm »

It was pittie
One so wittie
  Malcontent:
Leaving reason
Should to treason
  So be bent.

Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2010, 01:26:13 pm »

But his gifts
Were but shifts
  Void of grace:
And his braverie
Was but knaverie
  Vile and base."

Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2010, 01:26:23 pm »

Said Gro, wincing a little, "The art of it agreeth well with the sentiment, and with the condition of those who invented it. I will not think so noble a prince as thou art will set thy sails to the wind of the rabble's most partial hates and envies. For the vile addition of traitor, I do reject and spit upon it. But true it is that, regarding not
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2010, 01:26:30 pm »

the god of fools and women, nice opinion, I do steer by mine own lode-star still. Howbeit, I came not to discourse to thee on so small a matter as myself. This I would say unto thee with most sad and serious entertain: Be not lulled to think the Demons will leave the world at peace: that is farthest from their intent. They would not
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2010, 01:26:39 pm »

listen to thy comfortable words nor sit at meat with us, so set be they to imagine mischief against us. What said Juss? 'Witchland was ever as a flea': ay, as a flea which he itcheth to crush betwixt his finger-nails. O, if thou be in love with peace, a short way lieth open to thy heart's desire."
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2010, 01:26:49 pm »

Nought spake the Red Foliot, gazing still into the dim reflections of the sunset which lingered below a darkening sky where stars were born. Gro said softly, as a cat purring, "Where softening unctions failed,

p. 50

Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2010, 01:26:59 pm »

sharp surgery bringeth speediest ease. Wilt thou not leave it to me?"

But the Red Foliot looked angrily upon him, saying, "What have I to do with your enmities? You are sworn to keep the peace, and I will not abide your violence nor your breaking of oaths in my quiet kingdom."

Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:05 pm »

Gro said, "Oaths be of the heart, and he that breaketh them in open fact is oft, as now, no breaker in truth, for already were they scorned and trampled on by his opposites."

Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »

But the Red Foliot said again, "What have I to do with your enmities that set you by the ears like fighting dogs? I am yet to learn that he that hath a righteous heart, and clean hands, and hateth none, must needs be drawn into the brawls and manslayings of such as you and the Demons."

Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:21 pm »

Lord Gro looked narrowly upon him, saying, "Thinkest thou that the strait path of him that affecteth neither side lieth still open for thee? If that were thine aim, thou shouldst have bethought thee ere thou gavest thy judgement on the second bout. For clear as day it was to us and to thine own people, and most of all to the Demons, that the
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:32 pm »

King played foul in that bout, and when thou calledst him victorious thou didst loudly by that word trumpet thyself his friend, and unfriends to Demonland. Markedst thou not, when they left the hall, with what a snake's eye Lord Juss beheld thee? Not with us only but with thee he refused to eat and drink, that so his superstitious scruples may be unhurt when he proceeds to thy destruction. For on this are they determined. Nothing is more certain."
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:51 pm »

The Red Foliot sank his chin upon his breast, and stood silent for a space. The hues of death and silence spread themselves where late the fires of sunset glowed, and large stars opened like flowers on the illimitable fields of the night sky: Arcturus, Spica, Gemini, and the Little Dog, and Capella and her Kids.

p. 51

http://sacred-texts.com/ring/two/two09.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: