Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:25:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Plain & Its Location

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Plain & Its Location  (Read 1798 times)
daniaboot

« on: April 04, 2010, 01:14:11 am »

For Autolocus: I'm working from a photo copy I made from a book I found in the local library 20 years ago. I also am having trouble finding decent maps/charts of the ocean floor. They're available if you want to buy them online. I hesitate to do so because there is no preview of what you're buying.
According to Plato, the capital city was surrounded by said plain. If there were detailed photos of the sea floor at the Nares Plain, it might be interesting to see if there were visible concentric, circular depressions, which of course would be the remains of the three canals of the city. The distance from the center of the city to the outer wall of the last, and largest canal was 6.25 miles. (According to my man Plato.)
The city of Troy was found by Heinrich Schliemann when the consensus of mainstream archeology was that the city was just a fabric of Homer's imagination. He used the measurements given by Homer in The Iliad of the city's boundaries and measured every appropriate hill until he found one that matched. He then starting digging and ended up finding not only the Troy of legend, but a dozen other Troys built upon the remains of Homer's.
One last thing, the king of Atlantis (at the time of the final destruction) gave each his sons their own territories to rule over. One of his sons was named Azeas. Could this be where the name for the Azores islands came from?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: