Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:05:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Could this be the END of RELIGIONS as we know them ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could this be the END of RELIGIONS as we know them ?  (Read 541 times)
Boreas

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 11:16:10 pm »

Do you see countries like Sweden and Norway which are at least 80% secular committing act of genocide and violence?  NO... You do not.

acts of genocide and violence are not the only sins which make a person immoral and they have their share of the above mentioned people.

Sorry - but thats outrigth wrong. The worst sin committed by the said peoples is their participation in the ongoing killing and molesting due to the illegitimate invasion of the middle-east oilfields. Unfortunately it doesn't help their ethical and legitimate violations that they've been politically blackmailed into this cardinal sins by the god-blessed America. Then it is obvious why "The Highest Civilisation to Ever Roam This Planet" (according to former president Bush jr.) have to claim - like Hitler - to have a Space Cowboy called "God" as their main ally and justificator. Hocus-pocus and your command becomes a "mission from Goood". Licencing us to kill what we are told to be The Baad. At times it can be hard to see the difference, between a snuff-version of Blues Brothers and the agitations of Fox news.

That may even explain why America need to keep superstition and blind faith in - and logic and reason out - of their classrooms. Blind faith makes people obidiant, superstition makes them ready to believe anything. Thus we all seem to fall victim to a specific bigbuck/pentagon consultancy thats running most US and European government and media by the device; "truth is what we tell you" and - alas - "the bad guys are over there - blast them in the name of our God and our "democracy".  Then go get their oil, their subjugation and their obedience... 

So you are rigth - both Sweden and Norway have their share in the worst sin going on at the moment...

Saying God has been proven to exist because the universe, the earth and we are here is the typical response of ignorant believers

and you would be wrong. 

I exist because my parents had sex.

no, you exist because God allowed you to be born.

Aha - an undercover missionary. Now, presenting yourself as an archaeologist was really a dirty trick. Didn't they teach you anything about honesty in the catholic prep-school Elmer?

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:23:50 pm by Boreas » Report Spam   Logged

Gens Una Sumus
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 08:59:05 am »

Did I read that right?  You think we should remove logic and reason from the classroom and replace it with 1st. century myth and superstition?  I hope you were being sarcastic Boreas. 
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Boreas

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 08:45:39 pm »

Did I read that right?  You think we should remove logic and reason from the classroom and replace it with 1st. century myth and superstition?  I hope you were being sarcastic Boreas. 

I think you have been removing it, or rather keeping in out, for decades already.
So I'm not sarcatic, I'm sad...
Report Spam   Logged

Gens Una Sumus
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 11:34:43 pm »

Well there was none of that religious none sense when I was in school.  I think it's been recently that the religious right that have been pushing for more religion in public schools.  It's a good that the constitution prohibits that from happening.
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
archaeologist

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 02:35:20 am »

interesting comments and i would have responded if you did not insult and actually wrote like an adult.

He was Catholic just in case you didn't know and spoke about Jesus in many of his speeches.

that doesn't make him a christian nor a catholic and so he spoke about Jesus-- you just did. so by your rules you must be catholic then?

and that is about as far as i will go with these responses. it is clear that your hatred, bias, intolerance, etc. make it impossible to have a good discussion.
Report Spam   Logged

Dever is wrong, archaeology is not an unedited glimpse into the past.
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 02:41:35 am »

interesting comments and i would have responded if you did not insult and actually wrote like an adult.

Sure, and your like an grown up adult archaeologist? BTW  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 09:24:01 am »

I didn't insult you. Roll Eyes  You just don't having to rebut with.  Trust me if I were to really insult you; you would know.  Stop acting like a 5 yr. old.
Report Spam   Logged

Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 11:39:32 am »

archaeologist you are sure highly critical.. about everyone but yourself..  Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 12:03:31 pm »

He's got issues--Big Time!!
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 12:15:18 pm »

I don't think this is a real personality.  I think it's someone acting like a dork, just to jerk everyone's chain to see what reactions he gets.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 04:54:39 pm »

I don't think this is a real personality.  I think it's someone acting like a dork, just to jerk everyone's chain to see what reactions he gets.

I saw his nonesense coming at the get go..
Report Spam   Logged
archaeologist

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 03:03:01 am »

actually i feel you all spend too much time focusing on the poster and too  little time focused upon the topic. your name calling and other innuendos show that you are talking about yourselves not me.

since you missed my point i will restate it: Hitler was not a christian and just because he spoke about Christ doesn't make him one. Christ was a historical figure so it stands to reason that both the churched and unchurched people would talk about Him.

Christianity, the Bible, Christ and so on is not mythology and belongs inthe classroom; if the atheist or unbeliever doesn't like it then they can build their own private schools and teach the curriculum they would like (within reason0. christians have paid double for their children's education when they place their children in a christian school as they have to pay that tuition and education taxes for public schools they do not use.

time for the atheist to reimburse the believer.
Report Spam   Logged

archaeologist

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 03:04:21 am »

p.s.- i am ignoring your judgmental and condescending condemnations as you just prove you are worse than you claim I am .
Report Spam   Logged

Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 03:17:23 am »

p.s.- i am ignoring your judgmental and condescending condemnations as you just prove you are worse than you claim I am .

Like I said this turkey  Roll Eyes is nothing more than pompous rhetorical nonesense and is hyper critical of his anomonys himself and overall is full of personal issues  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 09:11:38 am »

Yes he was Catholic.  Read a history book.  Here is something for you to read.

Murphy's Law:
The Religion of Hitler (1998)
John Patrick Michael Murphy

In George Orwell's, 1984, it was stated, "Who controls the past controls the future, who controls the present controls the past."

Who is going to control the present - fundamentalism or freedom? History is being distorted by many preachers and politicians. They are heard on the airwaves condemning atheists and routinely claim Adolph Hitler was one. What a crock! Hitler was a Roman Catholic, baptized into that religio-political institution as an infant in Austria. He became a communicant and an altar boy in his youth, and was confirmed as a "soldier of Christ" in that church. The worst doctrines of that church never left him. He was steeped in its liturgy, which contained the words, "perfidious Jew." This hateful statement was not removed until 1961. Perfidy means treachery.

In his day, hatred of Jews was the norm. In great measure it was sponsored by the two major religions of Germany, Catholicism and Lutheranism. He greatly admired Martin Luther, who openly hated the Jews. Luther condemned the Catholic Church for its pretensions and corruption, but he supported the centuries of papal pogroms against the Jews. Luther said, "The Jews deserve to be hanged on gallows seven times higher than ordinary thieves," and "We ought to take revenge on the Jews and kill them." "Ungodly wretches" he calls the Jews in his widely read Table Talk.

Hitler seeking power, wrote in Mein Kampf. "... I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews. I am doing the Lord's work." Years later, when in power, he quoted those same words in a Reichstag speech in 1938.

Three years later he informed General Gerhart Engel: "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so." He never left the church, and the church never left him. Great literature was banned by his church, but his miserable Mien Kampf never appeared on the Index of Forbidden Books.

He was not excommunicated or even condemned by his church. Popes, in fact, contracted with Hitler and his fascist friends Franco and Mussolini, giving them veto power over whom the pope could appoint as a bishop in Germany, Spain and Italy. The three thugs agreed to surtax the Catholics of their countries and send the money to Rome in exchange for making sure the state could control the church.

Those who would make Hitler an atheist should turn their eyes to history books before they address their pews and microphones. Acclaimed Hitler biographer, John Toland, explains his heartlessness as follows: "Still a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite detestation of its hierarchy, he carried within him its teaching that the Jew was the killer of god. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of god..."

Hitler's Germany amalgamated state with church. Soldiers of the vermacht wore belt buckles inscribed with the following: "Gott mit uns" (God is with us). His troops were often sprinkled with holy water by the priests. It was a real Christian country whose citizens were indoctrinated by both state and church to blindly follow all authority figures, political and ecclesiastical.

Hitler, like some of today's politicians and preachers, politicized "family values." He liked corporal punishment in home and in school. Jesus prayers became mandatory in all schools under his administration. While abortion was illegal in pre-Hitler Germany he took it to new depths of enforcement, requiring all doctors to report to the government the circumstances of all miscarriages. He openly despised homosexuality and criminalized it. If past is prologue, we know what to expect if liberty becomes license.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/john_murphy/religionofhitler.html

He shoots he scores!!!!  LMAO
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:16:45 am by Robert0326 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: