Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:40:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Release

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Release  (Read 199 times)
no thing

« on: January 29, 2010, 03:34:21 pm »

Release

My morning drive to work provides me with some wonderful topics to reflect on, which are both relevant to the present and the future. I truly have no idea where the impetus for this comes from, or why certain words will just stand out. When this happens, I feel drawn to express my thoughts on the particular ‘word’. This morning the word ‘release’ was featured prominently in my mind and it made me realize how important this ability is.

During our lifetimes, we come across many situations that cause us to reflect on our values and our ‘truths’. This reflection will often times result in a change in the way we think and in the ‘release’ of outdated values or of something in our lives that we once thought to be the ‘truth’. Depending on the situation, this can be something simple that requires little effort (no brainer) and has little impact on the individual, or it can range all the way to something deemed to be ‘crucial’ that requires days, months, and even years to reach the ‘release’ point.

We have all built our realities on our perceptions of what ‘our’ world is, and what is ‘important’ to ‘me’ in this reality. We use these building blocks to shape our perception of the ‘real world’ and to reinforce the concept of our very existence. Our job, relationships, politics, religion, food, etc. all go into what we tout as our ‘truth of existence’. For example, on day you may decide that you no longer like pizza and you make the decision to no longer eat it. No biggie, right? But now consider ending a long term relationship that is neither loving nor supportive. For some, this come as second nature and is accomplished without much effort. For others, this is not the case and releasing the old and therefore changing themselves is sheer agony.

So why bring up this topic? As many others have stated, there appears to be many changes coming our way within the next couple of years. I too feel this strongly in my heart and that these changes will generate a very LARGE number of ‘opportunities’ to ‘release’. For many, the sheer number of these changes will overwhelm their capacity to cope.

Please do not think I am encouraging anyone to become ‘cold and emotionless’, for this is not my intent. The focus is on recognizing and accepting that something in your life is no longer valid and needs to be released in order for you to move forward. The old saying, “practice makes perfect” is not 100% correct, for I don’t feel perfection is obtainable, but I do agree with the general concept. If you are not good at ‘releasing’, it may be an excellent time to begin practicing.

ILAL

no thing
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: