Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 06:06:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

CAN CONTINENTS SINK?

Poll
Question: Can continents sink?
Yes - 4 (57.1%)
No - 3 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAN CONTINENTS SINK?  (Read 6433 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« on: January 18, 2010, 12:25:33 am »

Smiley  Thanks for those links Mario.  I never realized that part of the tectonic plate theory had it that Australia was once connected to South America.  It makes sense to me that as the great continents pulled apart, they may have left pieces behind that as time drew on were unstable and no longer capable of standing on their own.

You can sort of see the trail left behind by the continents in the maps on those links.

I don’t think even Plato was implying that Atlantis was as large a continent as let’s say North America.  When he referred to Libya and Asia combined, he was referring to Asia Minor, (or so I have been led to believe).  And Cayce’s readings refer to Atlantis sinking in several stages over thousands of years.  The last and final demise of Atlantis is apparently the one that Plato is referring to in my opinion.  So Mario’s comment on only parts of continents sinking is well taken.

Of course there is another theory worth mentioning about the Super glaciers pressing down on the European and North American plates.  As I understand it the idea is that the presence of all those tons of ice pressing down on the two plates on each end of the Mid Atlantic plate, kept that land mass pressed up.  That is until they melted and released the pressure, causing the Mid Atlantic plate to sink.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: