Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:45:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Cambridge man tied to Tylenol scare pushes ‘Poison’ book By Laura Crimaldi Monda

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cambridge man tied to Tylenol scare pushes ‘Poison’ book By Laura Crimaldi Monda  (Read 159 times)
Kristina
Superhero Member

« on: January 11, 2010, 05:42:32 pm »

Cambridge man tied to Tylenol scare pushes ‘Poison’ book
By Laura Crimaldi

Monday, January 11, 2010 - Updated 6h ago

A Cambridge man accused of extortion in connection to the 1982 deaths of seven people from cyanide- laced Tylenol capsules in the Chicago area appeared on a public access channel last night to promote his new book: “Poison! The Doctor’s Dilemma.”

James W. Lewis, 63, dodged questions from callers and “The Cambridge Rag” host about his connection to the Tylenol deaths during the 48-minute interview on Cambridge Community Television’s “BeLive” program.

“I think the only thing I can say to you is that you’re totally delusional,” said Lewis after host Roger Nicholson invited him to confess. “The only purpose for me being here today is to promote this book.”
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:43:23 pm »

The electronic book was published on Jan. 1, according to its Amazon.com listing.

“A rogue government employee, Agua Naranja, triggers earthquakes, threatening to level a midwestern city. Meanwhile, underground water supplies have been poisoned and people are dying. Terror, hysteria and eternal vigilance breed mistrust of public authority,” reads the book’s description on Amazon.com.

Nicholson said this morning Lewis sees himself as a victim and wants to separate himself from his notoriety.

“He wants to be known as a published author,” Nicholson said. “He’s graduated from his notoriety or so he thinks.”

Lewis and his wife, LeAnn, attended a closed-door court hearing last week to determine whether the couple must provide fingerprints and DNA samples to authorities, according to published reports.

Lewis served 12 years in prison for writing an extortion letter related to the killings, but he’s never been charged with any other crimes.

A caller asked Lewis whether he ever apologized to the families of the seven victims for “exploiting” their loss.

“I never exploited the tragedy that affected them,” he said. “I feel for those people every day for the last 28 years.”

The notorious case has never been closed. Last year, federal investigators searched Lewis’s apartment. He has been living in Cambridge since he was freed from prison in 1995.

Neither Lewis or his lawyer, David E. Meier, immediately returned messages seeking comment.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20100111cambridge_man_tied_to_tylenol_scare_pushes_book/srvc=home&position=3
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:43:57 pm »

Photo by Herald file
James W. Lewis
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: