Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:30:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

01-05-18801 Malabar Coast UFO

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 01-05-18801 Malabar Coast UFO  (Read 126 times)
Majestic 12
Superhero Member

« on: January 05, 2010, 10:16:48 am »

01-05-18801

Again, in 1880, a show that lasted for an hour was seen by R. E. Harris, Commander of the S.S. Shahjehan, on January 5th. He recounted:         

"The most remarkable phenomenon that I have ever seen at sea was witnessed by myself and officers . . . between Oyster Reef and Pigeon Key [Malabar Coast]. At 10 p.m. we were steaming along very comfortably; there was a perfect calm, the water was without a ripple in it, the sky was cloudless and, there being no moon, the stars shone brightly. The atmosphere was beautifully clear, and the night was one of great quietude. "

“... I went on deck, and at once observed a streak of white matter on the horizon bearing south-southwest. I went on the bridge and pointed it out to the third officer. In a few minutes it had assumed the shape of a segment of a circle measuring about 45 degrees in length and several degrees in altitude about its center. At this time it shone with a peculiar but beautiful milky whiteness, and resembled . . . the nebulae sometimes seen in the heavens. We were steaming to the southward, and as the bank of light extended, one of its arms crossed our path. The whole thing appeared so foreign to anything I had ever seen, and so wonderful, that I stopped the ship just on its outskirts so that I might try for a true and just conception of what it really was. By this time all the officers and engineers had assembled on deck . . . and all were equally astonished and interested.”

"Some little time before the first body of light reached the ship I saw [with my night glasses] a huge mass of nebulous matter. I distinctly saw spaces between what again appeared to be waves of light of great lustre. These came rolling on with ever increasing rapidity till they reached the ship, and in a short time the ship was completely surrounded with one great body of undulating light, which soon extended to the horizon on all sides. On looking into the water, it was seen to be studded with patches of faint, luminous, inanimate matter, measuring about two feet in diameter. . . . The waves (of light) stood many degrees above the water, like a highly luminous mist, and obscured . . . the distant horizon; and as wave succeeded wave in rapid succession, one of the most grand and brilliant, yet solemn, spectacles . . . was here witnessed. [The waves of light were not] mere ripplings . . . but waves of great length and breadth . . . great bodies of light. If the sea could be converted into a huge mirror and thousands of powerful electric lights were made to throw their rays across it, it would convey no adequate idea of this strange yet grand phenomenon.”

"As the waves of light converged upon the ship from all sides, they appeared higher than her hull and looked as if they were about to envelop her, and as they impinged upon her, her sides seemed to collapse and expand.”

"Whilst this was going on, the ship was perfectly at rest, and the water was like a millpond."

This reference: “Bermuda Triangle Special Report 1977,” compiled by the editors of SAGA Magazine & UFO Report. “Strange Underwater Wheels of Light” by Lucius Farish & Dale M. Titler, © 1977.

UFOCAT PRN – 93433 [DOS: ??-??-1880]

UFOCAT URN – 81394 Invisible Residents by Ivan T. Sanderson, p. 111, © 1970     

UFOCAT PRN – 85602 [DOS: 01-05-1880]

UFOCAT URN – 88137 Flying Saucer Review, September 1967, p. 9   

UFOCAT PRN – 85602 [DOS: 06-05-1880] See Note below

UFOCAT URN – 85602 The Book of the Damned by Charles Fort, p. 263, © 1919

UFOCAT URN – 10310 Computerized Catalog (N=3073) by Jacques Vallee, #152. No date of

publication

Note 1: From Nature, 21-410: Reprint of a letter from R. E. Harris, Commander of the A. H. N. Co.'s steamship Shahjehan, to the Calcutta Englishman, Jan. 21, 1880 (date of letter-CF-):           
       That upon the 5th of June, 1880 (Incorrect date of sighting-CF-), off the coast of Malabar, at 10 P.M., water calm... etc.

This reference: The Complete Books of Charles Fort, p. 276, © 1974, from the original work “The Book of the Damned,” © 1919.

Needless to say, the man was not clairvoyant; therefore, we can assume from the letter date that January 05, 1880, is the correct date, not the 5th of June which was in the future-CF-

Southern Asia - India

Malabar Coast – Name long applied to the southern part of India’s western coast, approximately from Goa southward. (Ref. – The New Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. 7, p. 720)-CF-

Goa                  Latitude 15-35 N, Longitude 74-00 E (D-M)

Pigeon Key – Unable to locate Pigeon Key, however, there is a Pigeon Island that might fit.-CF-

Pigeon Island   Latitude 14-01 N, Longitude 74-19 E

This reference: Gazetteer – India Vol. 1, Division of Geography, Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C., April 1952.

Unable to locate Oyster Reef in any gazetteer, but there is an Oyster Rocks in the same general area as Pigeon Island -CF-

Oyster Rocks    Latitude 14-50-00 N, Longitude 74-04-00 E (D-M-S) 

http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=14
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: