Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:35:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The X-Files

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The X-Files  (Read 8486 times)
Equantez

« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2011, 01:02:27 am »

Knowle Rohrer
Adam Baldwin, who played the super soldier Knowle Rohrer.

Knowle Rohrer is portrayed by Adam Baldwin. He served alongside Sergeant John Doggett in the U.S. Marine Corps with the 24th MAU (Marine Amphibious Unit) in Beirut, Lebanon. Doggett and Rohrer were friends, but lost touch when Rohrer and Shannon McMahon were taken out of their company to be the first people transformed into Super Soldiers, a new type of alien-human hybrid intended by the alien Colonists as replacements for normal humans.[63]

Knowle continued on with his military career by joining the Department of Defense. The work he did there is unknown, but it is safe to assume that he was involved in classified operations. When Doggett became assigned to the X-Files, he re-established contact with Rohrer.[63][64] Doggett became suspicious of Rohrer when information was given to him from Rohrer that got a man killed, but it was not until Doggett saw Rohrer meet with Alex Krycek that he realized Rohrer was a member of the conspiracy.[19]

In "Nothing Important Happened Today II", he is decapitated by fellow Super Soldier, Shannon McMahon, but owing to his hybrid abilities, manages to then impale her with his arm, and they both fall into a water reservoir, presumably both now dead.[20]

However in the series finale, "The Truth", it is revealed that he survived, when Mulder breaks into Mount Weather. Rohrer chases down Mulder, and in the ensuing scuffle, Rohrer plummets onto some power lines. Mulder is then taken into military custody and put on trial for Rohrer's supposed death. Eventually, Mulder breaks out with the help of Alvin Kersh, and with Dana Scully, headed to New Mexico for a final confrontation with the Cigarette Smoking Man, whom he discovered was still alive. Doggett and Monica Reyes went after Mulder and Scully to warn them that the conspirators knew where they were. Rohrer, alive and well, followed, intending to kill them all (including the Cigarette Smoking Man, who had long since outlived his usefulness to the conspiracy). However, as he approached Doggett and Reyes in the New Mexican desert, Rohrer died from exposure to magnetite. It turned out that the Cigarette Smoking Man figured out that magnetite killed the Super Soldiers, and consequently chose to hide in a pueblo saturated with it.[28]
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2011, 01:03:11 am »

Bill Mulder

William "Bill" Mulder is portrayed by Peter Donat. William was the father of Fox and Samantha Mulder and husband of Teena Mulder. He was born in California in 1936. As a young man, he began working for the government and eventually the State Department. Among his colleagues were Deep Throat, Alvin Kurtzweil, and the Cigarette Smoking Man.[47] In 1973, the group of men became organized as the Syndicate. As part of the colonization plot, the members of the Syndicate were to exchange a loved one each for an alien fetus. Possession of the fetus would allow the Syndicate to begin development of an alien-human hybrid. Mulder was against this exchange and did not appear at El Rico Air Force Base with a loved one as planned. In order to secure the exchange, an alien spacecraft was sent to retrieve his daughter, Samantha, who had been selected by Mulder instead of his son, Fox. Horrified at his own involvement, Mulder came up with the plan to create a vaccine against the alien virus that would be used during colonization. Even though he got his way and development of the vaccine began,[34] Mulder suffered further personal trauma when he and his wife divorced. He moved from their home in Chilmark to another in West Tisbury, Massachusetts.

In 1994, William planned to divulge all his secrets to his son after encountering a clone of Samantha fleeing an alien bounty hunter. However, the Syndicate learned of his intention to reveal the truth to Mulder, and Alex Krycek was sent to prevent it. Krycek murdered William in his vacation home on Martha's Vineyard.[50]
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2011, 01:03:41 am »

Toothpick Man
Dale at the 2008 BAFTA Television Awards.

Toothpick Man is portrayed by New Zealand actor Alan Dale.[65] His role in the series was the leader of the New Syndicate. During the ninth season he worked within the FBI.[21] He is noted for consistently fiddling a toothpick. Although he appeared human, he was exposed to be an alien by Gibson Praise in the final episode (albeit the viewing audience was earlier shown the characteristic alien bumps on the back of his neck at the end of the season nine episode "Providence").[21][66]

Toothpick Man was created to replace The Smoking Man (portrayed by William B. Davis), who had been written out at the end of season 7. He had access to the President of the United States, as can be seen in a deleted scene of the final episode.[67]
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2011, 01:04:32 am »

Well-Manicured Man

The Well-Manicured Man (abbreviated to WMM) is portrayed by English theatre and film actor John Neville. The Well-Manicured Man was featured on the show from 1995–1998. He is an English member of the Syndicate, a shadow organization within the United States government that exists to hide from the public the fact that extraterrestrials are planning to repopulate the Earth. He is an important member of the Syndicate, along with The Smoking Man and The Elder, and was a friend of William Mulder earlier on in his life.[45]

The Well-Manicured Man prefers subtlety to brute force, and will attempt to manipulate those in his way before using physical violence. Although the Syndicate's goals are opposed to those of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully's, WMM will, at times, aid them with clues or information, believing that letting out a certain amount of information would help to keep the two close, and consequently allow for them to be controlled.[45] WMM openly despises the Cigarette Smoking Man, seeing him as too impulsive, violent, and as generally unprofessional. The two maintain a bitter relationship within the Syndicate throughout the series. In season 5, Well-Manicured Man takes under his wing Alex Krycek, an MIB operative who previously worked for, then had a falling out with, the Cigarette Smoking Man.[61]

In the 1998 feature film The X-Files: Fight the Future, when Scully is infected with the alien virus and taken to Antarctica as part of the above-mentioned repopulation program, it is WMM who, having grown disillusioned with the Syndicate, gives Mulder the coordinates needed to find her and a sample of the vaccine needed to cure Scully. Shortly after this meeting, during which he reminded Mulder to "Trust no one," he dies in an apparent self-inflicted car explosion, his last act being one of altruism. His only known subordinate was Alex Krycek. He also owned a large estate in Somerset, England.[43]
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2011, 01:09:02 am »

X

X is portrayed by Steven Williams. X was a high-ranking member of the Men In Black (MIB), a group of operatives used by The Syndicate to carry out their dirty work. X first appeared at the beginning of season 2, after he contacts Mulder to tell him he "has a friend at the FBI." X became Fox Mulder's information source after Deep Throat, Mulder's first informant, was executed. X is a subordinate of the Cigarette Smoking Man.

While X's loyalties and his own agenda were often unclear, he has more than once proven that he at least does not want Mulder dead. In the episode "End Game", he is approached by Dana Scully, who pleads that she needs to know where Mulder is, believing his life to be in danger. Initially X refuses, and is subsequently confronted by Walter Skinner, who seemed to recognize X. He relinquishes Mulder's location, though not until after a brief but intense scuffle with Skinner.[55] In the episode "731", X's loyalty to Mulder is further confirmed. Trapped on a train car equipped with a time bomb, Mulder, about to escape, is attacked brutally by an MIB assassin. X fatally shoots the Red Haired Man as he is about to step off the car. X boards the car with only enough time left to save either Mulder or the alien-human hybrid the car was transporting, opting to save Mulder, and carries him off to safety just as the car explodes.[56]

In the season 4 opener "Herrenvolk", X's position as an informant is discovered by the Syndicate. When suspicion arises after the finding of photographs that were taken of Cigarette Smoking Man by X, false information is planted at the First Elder's behest, in order to root out the leak. Attempting to relay the information to Mulder, X goes to his apartment and is surprised by fellow MIB operative, the Gray Haired Man, who fatally shoots him. With his last strength, X crawls to Mulder's doorstep and writes in his own blood "SRSG", meaning "Special Representative to the Secretary General" of the United Nations, and thus, this clue leads Mulder to Marita Covarrubias.[57] After his death, X appears two more times: in The Lone Gunmen origin story "Unusual Suspects," set before his death, and as a ghost in the series finale.[28][36]
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2011, 01:11:33 am »

The X-Files (1993–2002)

Season 1
Pilot

Third Man: Are you familiar with an agent named Fox Mulder?
    Scully: Yes, I am.
    Third Man: How so?
    Scully: By reputation. He's an Oxford educated psychologist, who wrote a monograph on serial killers and the occult, that helped to catch Monty Props in 1988. Generally thought of as the best analyst in the violent crimes section. He had a nickname at the academy... Spooky Mulder.

Section Chief Blevins: Are you familiar with the so-called X-Files?
    Scully: I believe they have to do with unexplained phenomena.
    Section Chief Blevins: More or less. The reason you're here, Agent Scully, is we want you to assist Mulder on these X-Files. You'll write field reports on your activities along with your observations on the validity of the work.
    Scully: Am I to understand that you want me to debunk the X-Files Project, sir?
    Section Chief Blevins: Agent Scully, we trust you'll make the proper scientific analysis.

[Scully knocks at the door to Mulder's office.]
    Mulder: Sorry, nobody down here but the FBI's most unwanted.
    Scully: Agent Mulder. I'm Dana Scully. I've been assigned to work with you.
    Mulder: Oh, isn't it nice to be suddenly so highly regarded. So who did you tick off to get stuck with this detail, Scully?
    Scully: Actually, I'm looking forward to working with you. I've heard a lot about you.
    Mulder: Oh, really... I was under the impression that you were sent to spy on me.

Mulder: Do you believe in the existence of extraterrestrials?
    Scully: Logically I would have to say no. Given the distances need to travel from the of reaches of space the energy requirements would exceed a spacecraft's capabilities ...
    Mulder: Conventional wisdom...

Scully: The answers are there, you just have to know where to look.
    Mulder: That's why they put the 'I' in FBI.

Mulder: ... in most of my work, the laws of physics rarely seems to apply.

Section Chief Blevins: Agent Mulder. What are his thoughts?
    Scully: Agent Mulder believes we are not alone.
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2011, 01:12:13 am »

Deep Throat [1.1]

Scully: So?
    Mulder: So you and I are going to the Spud State to investigate a little kidnapping.
    Scully: I don't get it, Mulder. Does this have something to do with an X-File? I thought you only liked those... uh... paranormal-type cases. Am I missing something here?
    Mulder: Let's just say this case has a... distinct smell to it. A certain... paranormal bouquet.

Deep Throat: Leave this case alone, Agent Mulder.
    Mulder: What?
    Deep Throat: The military will not tolerate an FBI investigation.
    Mulder: Who are you?
    Deep Throat: I, er, can be of help to you. I've had a certain interest in your work.
    Mulder: How do you know about my work?
    Deep Throat: Well, let's just say that I'm in a position to know quite a lot of things, er, things about our government.
    Mulder: Who are you? Who do you work for?
    Deep Throat: It's unimportant, I came here to give you some valuable advice. You are exposing yourself and Agent Scully to unnecessary risk, I advise you to drop the case.
    Mulder: I can't do that.
    Deep Throat: You have much work to do, Agent Mulder, don't jeopardise the future of your own efforts.

Mulder: So, what did you make of Uncle Fester, down the block?

Scully: Sucker!

Scully: You believe it all, don't you?
    Mulder: Why wouldn't I?
    Scully: Mulder, did you see their eyes? If I were that stoned -
    Mulder: Oooh... if you were that stoned, what?
    Scully: Mulder, you could have shown that kid a picture of a flying hamburger and he would have told you that's exactly what he saw.

Mulder: Tell me I'm crazy.
    Scully: Mulder... you're crazy.

MIB: [tapping on window] Please, step out of the car.
    Mulder: [to Scully] You think if maybe we ignore him, he'll go away?
    MIB: [tapping on window] Please, step out of the car.
    Mulder: [to Scully] Guess not.

Deep Throat: Mister Mulder, why are those like yourself, who believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life on this Earth, not dissuaded by all the evidence to the contrary?
    Mulder: Because, all the evidence to the contrary is not entirely dissuasive.
    Deep Throat: Precisely.
    Mulder: They're here, aren't they?
    Deep Throat: Mister Mulder, they've been here for a long, long time.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_X-Files
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 01:13:49 am »

The set in The X-Files containing Fox Mulder's office
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2011, 12:12:55 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2011, 12:16:21 am »

"I Want to Believe" poster
Edit

* History

The "I Want to Believe" poster.
MulderAdded by Mulder

The "I Want to Believe" poster was a poster that included an image of a UFO and could often be found on the wall of Fox Mulder's office. (The X-Files, The X-Files: I Want to Believe)
HistoryEdit

Mulder originally acquired his "I Want to Believe" poster from a head shop on M Street. (TXF: "Chinga") He had obtained the poster and attached it to the wall of his basement X-files office shortly prior to March 1992. (TXF: "Pilot") This poster was destroyed by a fire in the office in 1998. (TXF: "The End") However, Mulder acquired a replacement poster stating "I Want to Believe" that was almost identical to his previous one and attached it to the same wall. (TXF: "Alpha") In 2002, the poster was the only thing not cleared out of the office but was left lying on the room's floor. (TXF: "The Truth") In 2008, Mulder stuck the poster to a wall of his home office in rural Virginia. (The X-Files: I Want to Believe)

A copy of this poster can be seen in Blaine Faulkner bedroom during an interview from José Chung (TXF: "Jose Chung's From Outer Space).

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/%22I_Want_to_Believe%22_poster
Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2011, 12:18:51 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2011, 12:19:15 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Equantez

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2011, 12:20:02 am »

'Far away from here, the Truth is' - in Navaho
Anasazi