Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:14:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ancient Underwater City Found on Caribbean Sea Floor

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient Underwater City Found on Caribbean Sea Floor  (Read 14765 times)
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2010, 01:56:13 am »

MP: Is the site at all affected by the recent oil spill?

JA: That's an excellent question, one I have been asking lately, as well. Given the location of the subject site and its depth, albeit shallow, at this point I do not think so, or should I say, "Not yet."

MP: What are your next steps? Essentially, what would it take to find conclusive evidence as to whether or not this is indeed a submerged Mayan city?

satellite imageJA: Well, evidence keeps pouring in. I have heard from individuals who claim they have seen this site from the air, as well. One man emailed me to say he, too, saw it in the 1950s, and so did the rest of the passengers on his flight. He thanked me for proving that what he saw as a young man was actually real. So, too, I have heard from researchers from Mexico, Cuba, and other locations, who all hold separate pieces of what may be the same puzzle. They believe their research also points to a once great city now lost to the sea. We'll be following up with all of them to set the historical record straight.

The similarity of the architecture alone can not identify this as the Maya. But if it is, we should find evidence of stone-carved writing, art and other cultural similarities to support this hypothesis. The earliest known Mayan sites are high in the hills, and nobody knows where the civilization came from to settle there. Now, if their cities were being swallowed by the rising sea level, it stands to reason that any civilization might reasonably be expected to relocate to higher ground on the mainland. I am keeping an open mind, but that's what I think happened here.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: