Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:22:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Observations About History of the Peloponnesian War

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Observations About History of the Peloponnesian War  (Read 556 times)
Manutius

I pray that God's an atheist

« on: December 10, 2009, 01:51:53 pm »

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, why do you go to all the trouble of reposting 17 pages of stuff from wiki here?

Just post the link. Save yourself the trouble and save the rest of us from having to scroll through 17 pages of stuff in the "New Posts" section.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoot the homeless.
strages consanguinei me vos canis

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Archangel
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 03:03:07 pm »

If you go to the top of the page, to, "Show unread posts since last visit." or "Show new replies to your posts." you can spare yourself the unwanted reading. 

People are free to post whatever they want here so long as it abides by the forum rules.
Report Spam   Logged

Beware the All-Seeing Eye. It watches you even as you sleep. The power touches every corner of the earth.
Archangel
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 03:20:54 pm »

I am going to split this off into a separate topic, Manutius, since your points will get lost in the book.
Report Spam   Logged

Beware the All-Seeing Eye. It watches you even as you sleep. The power touches every corner of the earth.
Manutius

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 06:57:59 pm »

Nobody reads endless pages of stuff on boards.

Just post the link. Those that want to read it can go to the link and branch off from other linked areas of interest within those articles.

It also saves the person doing the posting from doing endless cut and pastes.

Report Spam   Logged

Shoot the homeless.
Archangel
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 10:10:31 pm »

Nobody reads it?  At last count, that particular topic has had about 446 views, you are incorrect about that. Several topics are like that here. Ours is a forum based just as much on learning as it is intelligent conversation.  If you don't like it, you can always skip a topic.

On the other hand, perhaps this isn't the forum for you, Manutius.  There are several other forums with subject matter similar to ours, or you can always start your own forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Manutius

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:06:01 am »

Hey ARchangel,

I suggest you translate my latin signature to english and then follow its instructions.

Why is it that when people like you obtain even the most irrelevant slice of power, you get all huffy and pissy?

I am only offering advice on how to improve your forum.

Because I am a very intelligent and successful person, I suggest that you take my advice and stop your childish pouting.

Report Spam   Logged

Shoot the homeless.
Manutius

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 12:09:37 am »

Please stop reposting all this crap and just refer to a link. It is very tiresome to have to scroll through all this stuff that nobody reads when anyone who is interested can read it on the original source. This thread should be a discussion about the war not endless reposts.

I may as well start reposting the entire works of Dostoyevski.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoot the homeless.
Elric
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 12:46:40 am »

Manutius (Epsilon), since you are such a highly intelligent and successful person, you'll have no further need for this forum.

If you were wanted here, we would have invited you at the forum's inception. You weren't, and we have very little tolerance for troublemakers these days.

Elric
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: