Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:41:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Exclusive: Peter Jackson Says THE HOBBIT is Still 2011

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exclusive: Peter Jackson Says THE HOBBIT is Still 2011  (Read 85 times)
Eomer

« on: December 07, 2009, 02:16:28 am »

Exclusive: Peter Jackson Talks LORD OF THE RINGS Blu-ray and Says THE HOBBIT is Still 2011
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:December 4th, 2009 at 6:20 pm

peter_jackson.jpg

With Peter Jackson promoting his latest movie The Lovely Bones in Los Angeles this weekend, our partners at the Brazilian website Omelete asked me to interview him earlier today - along with the entire cast.  While we’ll be posting the full interviews closer to release, I was able to get updates from Jackson on both the Lord of the Rings Blu-rays and what is really up with The Hobbit release date.

In case you hadn’t heard, The Hobbit was originally scheduled to be released in December of 2011 and December of 2012 (it’s a two part movie).  But earlier this week, reports hit the net that the first part wouldn’t be released until 2012 as they are running late on delivering the scripts.

But when I asked Peter Jackson about the release date a few hours ago, he told me, “You don’t want to believe everything you read on the internet.” According to Jackson, the plan is to still release the first film in 2011!  Check out part of the interview after the jump.  He also talks about what’s up with the LOTR’s Blu-ray:

Here’s part of the interview, or you can read a transcript further down.  If you were nervous you’d have to wait an extra year to see The Hobbit, this interview should help you relax:
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Eomer

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 02:17:37 am »

What is the status of the Blu-ray of Lord of the Rings?

peter_jackson_image.jpgPeter Jackson:  Well, it keeps changing.  I am not the best person to ask about that believe it or not as I am not in charge of the Blu-ray, Warner Home Video is.  I believe it is scheduled for sometime next year.  They keep changing the date…I don’t know why.  I’ve seen the Blu-ray as they sent it to me to approve and I looked at the film and it looks fantastic on Blu-ray but I don’t know the date.

And it’s still being separated as the theatrical Blu-ray and then down the road a extended cut Blu-ray?

Jackson: I think so.  Again, I’m not 100% certain actually, I could easily find out for you.  I think they were just going to do the theatrical version first.

Do you know the two years you guys are aiming for with The Hobbit to come out.

Jackson: Nothing has changed as far as I am concerned.  Somebody wrote something on the internet and a lot of nonsense happened.  You don’t want to believe everything you read on the internet.  We were due to deliver the scripts and be shooting sometime around April and now I think I said in an interview we were shooting in June.  And somehow people are now saying the film is delayed.  As far as I am aware, they are not delayed at all.  I am not even sure when we are going to start shooting…we are delivering the scripts just after Christmas they’ll be finished and we’ll be shooting as soon as we possibly can.  But you need a certain amount of time to finish the pre-production.

So you believe in December 2011 the first part is going to be in theaters.

Jackson: At this stage, that is certainly the plan.  Yeah.

http://www.collider.com/2009/12/04/exclusive-peter-jackson-talks-lord-of-the-rings-blu-ray-and-says-the-hobbit-is-still-2011/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: