Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:23:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

11,000-year-old settlement found in Sweden

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11,000-year-old settlement found in Sweden  (Read 1445 times)
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« on: June 27, 2010, 02:38:45 am »

log About History

The scientist compared the discovery to a similar settlement in nearby Kangofors which was discovered five years ago and dated back 10,000 years.

Kaiden, This is a very very important story...thanks for posting it..  a couple years ago Boreas posted information about the other find mentioned here.. but there were no articles in English about it.. it described the "footprint" of an entire city with definite avenues, neighborhoods, and the residues of specific guilds inhabiting.  these settlements were of wood, naturally, as they were built in forestland, and decomposed as is natural, consequently their presence went undiscovered for over 10,000 years.   No we know that societies existed in cities during that time, IN THAT PLACE...
It has long been a matter of curiosity to me, this question... Why do the temples of the most ancient Mediterranean appear to be designed and built as if they are made of WOOD? with pillars like tree-trunks holding up a peaked roof of the same dimension and ratios of a typical wood house of today...? how and why could this be?   Is it because they were built to a special dimension and ratio of past temples from a homeland in the far North where wood was used exclusively... and were reproduced in the Mediterranean of the only material at hand... STONE..

Archaeologists celebrate ancient Scandinavian settlement find

An important new find by a team of Swedish archaeologists indicates that the Finland-Sweden border area around the Torne River Valley was inhabited up to 11,000 years ago.

The discovery, located near Pajala in Sweden’s far north, is the oldest settlement to be found in the county of Norrbotten, according to archaeologist Olof Ostlund. “Now the pages in the National Encyclopaedia regarding inland ice can be torn out and burned,” said Ostlund.

The find was made during a routine search for ancient remains by archaeologists in the area around Kaunisvaar where a new mine is scheduled to open, reports The Local. First located in early September, Ostlund’s team was able to date the settlement with the aid of radiocarbon dating.

“I had been expecting old dates. But when I saw that the first numbers were very high I felt immediately that this was bingo. When the second number was five figures – I felt faint,” Ostlund stated. The scientist compared the discovery to a similar settlement in nearby Kangofors which was discovered five years ago and dated back 10,000 years.

Ostlund related the find to the discovery of stone-age shelters dating back some 6,000 years in Voullerim in the 1980s which caused a revaluation of common assumptions on the historical habitation of the Norrland region.

“So this is important. Especially as in archaeological circles, in southern Sweden, the accepted theory is that there was no ancient age up here in northern Sweden it is thus important to raise the issue,” Ostlund reasoned.

http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2009/12/03/archaeologists-celebrate-ancient-scandinavian-settlement-find/

these settlements PRE-DATE ancient Greece and Rome

Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: